1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Pandoras Box Titans Version 1.3.1

An add-on to Pandoras box that adds (up to 13) new bosses to the endgame

1. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

Sparklink submitted a new mod:

Pandoras Box Titans - An add-on to Pandoras box that adds (currently 4) new bosses to the endgame

Read more about this mod...

2. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

3. Joseph K

Joseph K Giant Laser Beams

Could you make it so that the boss arenas aren't located at the bottom of the map? The screen is a bit weird when you do that.

4. Joseph K

The design is very good. Simple yet also complex. They make very good mini bosses. Suggestion: maybe make it so that you are warped to a planet where you have to search the surface for the monster.

5. Joseph K

Now that I think about it your skill might be useful in other places. You see, I'm putting a team together. The overall plan is to improve Starbound, and minibosses are on the list of things we want to add. If you're interested click on this link: https://discord.gg/BSQJbxV

6. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

To answer your suggestion @Joseph K I considered the warping to a planet idea, as well as a couple other ideas. The primary focus of this mod though is to showcase the monsters honestly. And having to scour a planet for the monster each time can become tedious in light of how you need to defeat a monster more than once before you can get any of its items. I would recommend trying out every weapon you can get your hands on. All the various weapons are made to be unique in their individual powers. I find that some weapons make some monsters easy to beat while others are simply useless against certain enemies. In addition you should also think about what armor you wear when you battle certain monsters. Aegisalt armor is great for when the monster is hard to approach for physical attacks, Violium armor could save your hide when fighting one of those monsters who are giving you a hard time. I would also suggest looking into expanding you augment collection.

7. tigerfestival

tigerfestival Cosmic Narwhal

Hey man, everything is in good working order, and kudos to you on bringing more bosses to Starbound. Are more bosses planned for this? If so will they all be stronger boss variants of all vanilla monsters for Starbound or are you going to throw in some original bosses or are you doing both?

8. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

I will answer a few of your questions while attempting to remain secretive about what is to come.

More bosses are planned. Coming up with a brand new monster is quite difficult, it is much about devising something that actually works from an existing concept.

Overall I have a total of about twenty different monster concepts on the drawing board (though not all may make it into the end product). Making a monster is quite hard though, there are a great many steps involved (I do have an update that will add three extra monsters almost done though.)

As for original bosses I am going to have to decline to comment for the sake of maintaining the element of surprise.

9. tigerfestival

tigerfestival Cosmic Narwhal

Thanks for answering honestly. I look forward to what's to come. I hope you'll be able to pull this off without any problems. I'll be keeping my eye on this.

10. Joseph K

Well, okay, I guess it's an arena style thing, but at least you should make it so that you can't see the edges of the arena.

11. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

12. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

13. Joseph K

I noticed all three of the new bosses are different variations of the previous ones. They're good, but you need some variety.

14. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

I decided to add those three monsters because I wanted to add a greater range of weapons. Before the update there were no poison or ice weapons, or even one handed items like shields. I am attempting to balance weapon choices and available monsters. I also attempt to make the monster variations different and similar. Monster variants generally serve to broaden the weapon selection in both type and variety (and there will be more to come in the future.)

15. Joseph K

Okay

16. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

17. Joseph K

Here they come...

18. Joseph K

That bouncing slime would be really great for the geode biome. Maybe you could make something similar to it.

19. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

You would be the second person today to bring up the Oculob, he must be leaving a real impression. (Personally I adore that Deadeye Yokat with the absurd way he uses that tail of his.)

20. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot