1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved Game closes after Chucklefish Logo

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Kagine & Roxis, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Kagine & Roxis

Kagine & Roxis Seal Broken

To be honest this is my first time trying to do my own race mod [and I have little to no knowledge about coding]. So I followed the guide from Skittles about how to make a basic race mod, and when I was trying to see how the animation goes in game [so far I only got the head and right arm inked] and I booted Starbound up. When the Chucklefish logo appeared [with the chuckle sound] around 2-3 seconds afterwards the game closed on it's own. Here's my Pastebin for the log.

https://pastebin.com/XYprj1bR

I also had uninstalled most of the mods I used by the time I tried to test the race, spare these 4 :-

Skittles Basic Race Template
    Frackin' Universe
    Xbawks Character Extender
    Skippable Cinematics

If anyone knows the workaround or the reasoning, I'll appreciate the help!

I'm running on Windows 10 with AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core processor with 8gb RAM.

2. tigerfestival

tigerfestival Cosmic Narwhal

This here be the culprit. [08:52:28.138] [Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (ItemException) Duplicate item name 'Doru-Beastoutfit4chest' found

Duplicate items tend to cause crashing, that means two or more mods have the same item. Unsub each mod one by one and fire up the game after each unsub until you find the problem. I hope this helps you.

Iris Blanche likes this.
  3. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

You have the race template twice in your setup. One in the mods folder and one from the workshop. I assume the one in the mods one is altered so starbound loads both resulting in the dupe error. I think its safe to unsub from the workshop one when you're already using the same mod in the mods folder.

4. Kagine & Roxis

Kagine & Roxis Seal Broken

Thank you, it has been fixed now! It took me a while to realize it till my friend pointed it out too.

I wasn't aware about the duplicates at the first place. Thank you for pointing it out, it's now solved.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2019
    tigerfestival likes this.
  5. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Marking as resolved.