Longevity Mod Install.

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Hes, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Hes

Hes Intergalactic Tourist

Hello. I'm having a problem. I can't for the life of me get the Longevity mod to work. I don't do mods that often. I have windows 64 bit using the steam client. I just need a step by step on how to install this if anyone would help it would be appreciated. Thanks!

• luna_panshiel

luna_panshiel Pangalactic Porcupine

install SMAPI into stardew valley

REMOVE the folder named "content" from the longevity mod folder and place what is inside it into the "content" folder already in the stardew install directory

put the extracted longevity folder(what is left after moving "content" out of it) into the newly added "mods" folder within the stardew install directory

launch stardew valley using the "stardewmoddingAPI" executable that is in your stardew install directory

• Alvadea

Alvadea Pangalactic Porcupine

Little addition: the "content" folder longevity brings with it is to find INSIDE the MCM folder.

• Hes

Do I need to use the stardewmoddingAPI every time I run the game in order to use the mod?

• Voltaic123

Voltaic123 Pangalactic Porcupine

• Hes

It works thanks! Just one more question. When a patch comes available because there seems to be some bugs in this version. All my coffee plants are gone and my wine no longer works. How do I update the mod?

• Alvadea

Alvadea Pangalactic Porcupine

Manually. Keep an eye to the forum or the nexus page and you will see, when the next patch is available.

• Hes

Thanks!

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Hes

Not quite bugs, but slight imcompatability with existing saves.

More crops were added before CA added coffee so there will be a slight compatability issue when using Longevity with a current save.
                  Your existing coffee plants will become carrots I believe.
                  New coffee plants will function normally.

Wine from fruit tree fruit becomes Soda.

• LunaEclipes

LunaEclipes Aquatic Astronaut

Do I merge or replace the stuff from the longevity folder?

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

This is a thread from 2+ years ago. And you should not use any mods that replace things in the content folder, see this page: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Modding:Using_XNB_mods

• LunaEclipes

LunaEclipes Aquatic Astronaut