1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved Glitched quest planet

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by M8E1, Nov 9, 2019.

1. M8E1

M8E1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I wish to try out the bounty hunting update, but instead I find myself unable to progress, as the update takes place in a corrupted system. Every planet on it is corrupted to the point where clicking on it freezes my SAIL, and upon trying to teleport down to it, i find myself back on my ship. How do i get rid of these systems, or force the mission to complete?

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

I highly recommend making a backup before taking these steps!

If you have the coordinates of the system(s) you can remove them from your universe in the storage folder. There is a subfolder called "universe" which holds all planet and system-data. E.g. your coordinates are 182087715 -669607199 it would point to the file(s) 182087715_-669607199_[someid].system and .planet where the planets may have an additional index to them e.g. 182087715_-669607199_[someid]_[index].planet
    When removing said systems from your save i recommend not being in them at all during deletion. Also remove the file "universe.chunks" so the system map gets re-created. If you had a mod installed which alters the system generation any previous systems,planets and stations could render inaccessible tho so keep that in mind.
    You can get your current system coordinates via the captains chair on your ship by clicking on the coordinates button (the bottom one) in the navigation screen.

3. M8E1

M8E1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i'll try that now

so far so good

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2019
  4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

I assume your issue has been resolved. I'm keeping the topic open tho in case you run into this issue again.

5. M8E1

M8E1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

so far there are no problems, but i must revisit my old planets

6. M8E1

M8E1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The case is lifted. It's all good. thank you.