1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.0

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. emptymerc

emptymerc Void-Bound Voyager

How to fix it?

Attached Files:

2. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

Issue unknown. Provide the pastebin'd log as instructed. If you are looking for the Dark Cavern, it's not in the Old Mineshaft.

3. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

fix what? all i see are mined background tiles. and absolutely no description of an issue, nor any following of the directions for reporting issues. Either present the data or I won't waste my time.

4. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

Would it be possible to add RNG bows or whips?

It seems like they're the only weapon type that doesn't have an RNG loot element to them.

Also the guns that put out force fields with right click feel like the amount of fields they put out is a bit excessive. Only one is enough for any situation and may help with frame rate whenever the fields get put out.

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Bows are coming.

6. emptymerc

Are you seriously? Doesn’t it bother you that I see the sun underground? There is no such problem in the Vanilla version of the game, as soon as I installed a new version of this mod, I began to see the starry sky at night deep underground and these are such bright holes in the afternoon. Obviously this is not normal. How can you not notice the problem? starbound 2019-10-24 17-45-12-02.png

Light and stars deep underground.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2019
  7. ExToRtIoN_NuKeZ

ExToRtIoN_NuKeZ Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Log please, and yeah that happened to me once when I was mining deep underground. I heard it was some sort of parallax error.

emptymerc likes this.
  8. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

that depends entirely on the size of the planet. each layer has a certain height. Large and above sized planets have a larger first layer, which means the sunlight layer can go a lot deeper than usual. Not a bug. I'd wager the planet is Large or higher in size.

as for your image: it tells absolutely *nothing* about your current depth, etc. All anyone else is going to see is a mined out spot in the wall. Circling it isn't going to help.

9. emptymerc

How to provide a log and where is it located? I'm a newfag

You don’t understand, right? If it were still a level where the surface is visible, there would be light from the sun and the caves would be lit, right? Isn't that obvious?

The man on top confirmed that he had such a bug with parallax. But the problem is that not only I have this problem, but also the people with whom I play

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2019
  10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

I understand entirely. I am telling you how the game operates in regards to what you see in the background. It doesn't care if there are tiles there, it cares what the height of the surface biome is. Sunlight will be displayed so long as it is in that strata, and on large planets that strata is taller than standard.

example (every planet is structured this way):

----
    atmosphere
    ------
    surface
    -----
    subsurface
    -----
    underground1
    -----
    underground2
    -------
    underground3
    ----
    core

but some planets in FU are huge, and therefore Surface becomes

----

surface

-----

I cannot access the hardcoded way this operates and change it to work in a different way. This is not a bug, simply a biproduct of how things function, and is outside my ability to do anything about.

11. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

Why does the recipe for the various levels of the radiation resist EPPs require radioactive materials? That's like trying to douse someone who's on fire with gasoline. You'd expect more and more lead-like things that resist radiation wavelengths.

ExToRtIoN_NuKeZ likes this.
  12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

simple, "logical" gating, basically.

13. ExToRtIoN_NuKeZ

Lol

14. ExToRtIoN_NuKeZ

E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\storage

Your logs should be there, and yeah I understand. Like I said, it happened to me once. A space background while exploring deep underground.

15. ExToRtIoN_NuKeZ

And about the Pharitu codexes. The species "juux" doesn't exist in the codex library.

Pop Guy likes this.
  16. emptymerc

Why didn’t this happen in previous versions?

17. emptymerc

How did you fix it?

18. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

it did. You simply didn't notice it.

19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Not sure what you mean. Pharitu replaced juux, so they use the id "juux".

20. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

Would you be against cosmetic mech slots?

I used to use another mod that did that but the gui changes of FU to the mech window kinda messed it up.

Also are there any plans for some sort of genesis device left behind by the ancients that can create planets in the solar system you're in?