Modding Help Tiled custom map woes

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by GeekyRaptor, Oct 24, 2019.

Tags:
  1. GeekyRaptor

GeekyRaptor Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hi, I am a returning modder who left the modding scene due to being cyberbullied by the frackin universe community, now I am trying to get back into modding "carefully" but I am having trouble setting up tiled for star bound, is it something I'm doing wrong or does the 1.4 update of star bound get rid of custom map modding functionality. I am using tiled 1.0.1 and star bound assets I unpacked from star bound most recent version. I open the json files for the tileset but when I do it fails to load any tiles.

2. Zaakari

Zaakari Pangalactic Porcupine

Welcome back.

I haven't done much with Tiled (and don't have it installed right now), so hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come along and help you.
    But if that doesn't happen, then I'll install it again and try to give you a hand.

GeekyRaptor likes this.
  3. GeekyRaptor

Your awesome thanks a million! :)

4. Zaakari

It looks like--from some of your other posts--that you got this figured out, yes?

5. GeekyRaptor

No, I got the loading the sprites into tiled part down, but creating a custom tileset is still a mystery to me.

6. GeekyRaptor

That and adding entities, furnitures and interactive items

7. Zaakari

Have you had a look at these tutorials yet?
    Starbounder: tiled example mission
    Starbounder: tiled tutorials
    I believe I used that first link when I made my own custom dungeon a while ago (it covers adding objects and things).
    The second link lists all the tiled related tutorials on the starbounder wiki. Amongst those is a tutorial for custom tilesets.