Modding Help Need help with making a farmhouse with seasonal view. (Farmhouse Redone)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by DustBeauty, Oct 20, 2019.

1. DustBeauty

DustBeauty Void-Bound Voyager

I've been working on a brand new farmhouse layout with large glass windows and an indoor garden in Tiled.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But I stuck on my test run with SAMPI error message and the game crashes when loading the map.

I basically made the map from scratch and planning to use Farmhouse Redone to specify the walls for decals and windows. Here are some of the things I did might contribute to the problem:

1. I've made four new seasonal tilesets including frames and other structures. So I deleted the unused in-game tile set such as "walls and floors" and "towninterior". But added "spring_outdoorsTileSheet" for the garden.
    2. I added the "AlwaysFront" object and tile layer that the original farmhouse map missing.
    3. I've edited the tile collision template for some of the structure tiles.

These are the things that I suspected the most but it could be something else completely unknown to me. Here I attached the mod folder bellow, hope someone here could take a look at it and help me figure it out, thanks!

update: now I switched to the CP version with a tbin file, and the log error suggests something wrong happened when farmhouse redone loads the spouse room, here is the log:

[22:03:48 TRACE game] loadLocationsTask failed with an exception
    [22:03:48 ERROR game] System.Exception: The specified Tile Index is out of range
    at xTile.Tiles.StaticTile..ctor(Layer layer, TileSheet tileSheet, BlendMode blendMode, Int32 tileIndex) in C:\Users\Barone_\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\tide-83511\TileMapEditor\xTile\Tiles\StaticTile.cs:line 74
    at FarmHouseRedone.FarmHouse_loadSpouseRoom_Patch.pasteBuildingsLayer(Map houseMap, Map spouseMap, Rectangle spouseRoomRect, Point spousePoint, Int32 x, Int32 y, IReflectedMethod adjustMapLightPropertiesForLamp, Boolean floor, Boolean wall, Boolean window, Boolean clutter, Boolean destructive)
    at FarmHouseRedone.FarmHouse_loadSpouseRoom_Patch.pasteSpouseRoom(FarmHouse __instance, String spouse, Rectangle spouseRoomRect, Boolean floor, Boolean wall, Boolean window, Boolean clutter, Boolean destructive)
    at FarmHouseRedone.FarmHouse_loadSpouseRoom_Patch.makeSpouseRoom(FarmHouse __instance, Int32 x, Int32 y, Boolean floor, Boolean wall, Boolean window, Boolean clutter, List`1 whiteList, List`1 blackList, String nameOverride, Boolean destructive)
    at FarmHouseRedone.FarmHouse_loadSpouseRoom_Patch.applyAllSpouseRooms(FarmHouse __instance, String[] spouseRoomData)
    at FarmHouseRedone.FarmHouse_loadSpouseRoom_Patch.Prefix(FarmHouse __instance)
    at loadSpouseRoom_Patch2(Object )
    at FarmHouseRedone.FarmHouse_showSpouseRoom_Patch.Prefix(FarmHouse __instance)
    at showSpouseRoom_Patch1(Object )
    at FarmHouseRedone.FarmHouse_setMapForUpgradeLevel_patch.Prefix(Int32 level, FarmHouse __instance)
    at setMapForUpgradeLevel_Patch1(Object level, Int32 )
    at StardewValley.SaveGame.loadDataToLocations(List`1 gamelocations) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\1\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SaveGame.cs:line 1617
    at StardewValley.SaveGame.<>c.<getLoadEnumerator>b__56_3() in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\1\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SaveGame.cs:line 1251
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
    [22:03:48 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the overridden update loop: System.Exception: The specified Tile Index is out of range
    at StardewValley.SaveGame.<getLoadEnumerator>d__56.MoveNext() in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\1\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SaveGame.cs:line 0
    at Update_Patch1(Object gameTime, GameTime )
    [22:03:48 TRACE SMAPI] Game loader synchronising...
    [22:03:48 TRACE SMAPI] Game loader done.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
      HopeWasHere likes this.
    • Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@DustBeauty Tiledata needs to have a tile under it to attach to - and unfortunately it's better to copy Tiledata from a similar map than try to make new ones. Do you have tile snapping (I believe it's called) on in Tiled? The seasonal tilesheets should be fine - although when I added season bits to my farmhouse, I actually had to make 4 farmhouses. I believe adding the Always Front layers should be fine.

• DustBeauty

Thanks for the quick reply, it's a relief to know that Always front layer is fine to use. I quickly checked all my tiledata and put some building blocks under the crib tile but the error log is still the same. I did use snapping to the grid but I think something else might be broken too. When you mentioning about seasons, do you mean the content structure in CP: load "FromFile": "assets/Farmhouse_{{season}}.tbin"? I would prefer using CP and tbin though, I know very little of how to get seasons to work in TMX.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
        • Moragaine

Yes, exactly that. I don't know if that will work for Farmhouse Redone or not, but I think it should if you have 4 farmhouses that identical expect for the seasonal tileset. I haven't started working with TMXLoader yet, myself - I understand it can be a little tricky.

• DustBeauty

Yeah, so I switched to CP and the log finally gave me something readable, it's likely related to spouse room placement. So I replaced the farmhouse2 instead and it worked. I initially thought it's due to the missing towninterior and wall and floors tileset that the spouse room requires so I added them back, still no change in the log, even when I edited the spouse room property to place nothing. So far I'm out of options, I really wanted to get it done though if it is at a more working state I could share it on nexus.

But at least the non-marriage version is working, so there is hope.

[​IMG]

HopeWasHere likes this.
            • Moragaine

You're still using Farmhouse Redone? The spouse room is tricky. It's pretty hard-coded by the game, size-wise. Folks have been able to edit it for some time; and make new ones to load in with TMXLoader, if it's for a new NPC they've created.

Another thing you could do is join the Stardew Valley discord and jump in the modding channel. The author of Farmhouse Redone is often there; as well as folks who have used the mod to make farmhouses.

Also, that is a very interesting looking house!

• DustBeauty

Thanks for the suggestion, I'm seeking for help there now, a quick update for some seasonal tiles I made last night:

[​IMG]
                [​IMG]
                [​IMG]
                [​IMG]

HopeWasHere likes this.
                • Moragaine

That's lovely!