Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bryna

bryna Void-Bound Voyager

https://log.smapi.io/zFbiiBAC

1. The lag starts at 9:40 am on Wednesday 17th of Spring in the first year, as I enter the town square. My farmer woke up and harvested crops, then partially watered crops, refilled the watering can, finished watering the crops, filled up pet food bowls, pet the cat, put crops in sale box, exited farm area to bus area, foraged for daffodil, dandelion, and salmonberry, and then went in to the town square at 9:40am. The screen goes from black, to grey, to the town very slowly and I get my original error "stall detected" in the Smapi window.
    2. The lag doesn't seem to end, or at least I'd have to wait longer than five minutes for it to end
    3. The game slows down but does not freeze, exactly. Time doesn't appear to move unless my character does. I am able to move VERY slowly, and the screen animations of bugs and petals still happen. I can hear background noise. I am able to enter buildings. I've previously entered the doctor's office where the game returned to normal speed, only to leave and have it slow down again.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• bryna

bryna Void-Bound Voyager

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@bryna I can't reproduce the lag on Windows, Linux, or (with the help of another player) Mac. A few questions to narrow it down:
      • Does it happen if you load your save, then immediately go to town without doing anything else?
      • What if you remove all mods temporarily?
      • What if you launch StardewValley-original in your game folder to play without SMAPI?

• bryna

bryna Void-Bound Voyager

• When I booted up the game and walked into town before 7am, the lag didn't happen
        • When I removed my mods, and repeated the same actions as I did when the lag happened, the lag didn't happen
        • When I launched StardewValley-original the game crashed. I think that was due to a crop that I could harvest that was from a mod and was showing up with an error in the original game. I booted it up a second time without touching the crop and when I entered the town square there was no lag again

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@bryna Unfortunately I can't reproduce the lag, even doing the exact steps you listed. Since we know it doesn't happen with no mods, we'll need some trial & error to narrow down which mod is causing the issue.

First, can you run the game with only these mods installed:
          • PyTK
          • Better Doors
          • Stardew Hack
          • Json Assets (with no content packs)
          • Mail Framework
          • Teh's Fishing Overhaul
          Then see if the lag issue comes back, and post your new SMAPI log either way.

(You can also come ask in #modding on the Stardew Valley Discord if you want, it'll be faster to run through some tests there.)

• bryna

bryna Void-Bound Voyager

Okay! I'll give that a shot and check out the discord, thank you for all of the help so far!

I reinstalled a couple of mods that had been bugging a little bit in unrelated ways previously in the game, pond over bridge and wonderful farm life, and the lag is not happening now! If it shows up again I will definitely try removing mods one by one.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2019
            • Xy5C9Cu

Xy5C9Cu Master Chief

Getting everytime an error after marriage with Penny.
              In the morning and further I get "cutscene" with Lewis and game freezes.

Attached Files:

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@Xy5C9Cu Take your text file to https://log.smapi.io/, drop it in the box there, press the button and bring back the link. The plain txt log is very hard to read.

• HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

I'm having trouble on all saves, new and old, while fishing that crashes the game. It seems the game is trying to pull fish data that doesn't exist, but I haven't seen the error before: https://log.smapi.io/7vy9qcWf

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

Did you happen to have New Fish and removed it? If not, try resetting your files.

• HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

I had New Fish when the crash first happened, then removed the mod, played a new save, and still got the crash. Just reset the files, I'll see if I can trigger the error again. Thanks

Edit: After resetting the files I am still getting what looks like the same error: https://log.smapi.io/JmWbbmrz

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
                      • Xy5C9Cu

Xy5C9Cu Master Chief

• Moragaine

@Xy5C9Cu The mod A Wittily Named Recolor seems to be throwing a bunch of errors, try removing that. (If that doesn't cure it, post a new log, too.)

• Xy5C9Cu

Xy5C9Cu Master Chief

tysm <333

• mcbake

mcbake Space Hobo

Can't connect via multiplayer. Server crashes https://log.smapi.io/wywkBTipout. This is the SMAPI log file but I have no idea what the error means. Anyone have any idea?

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There isn't any data at that link. Can you re-upload the log file, and post a fixed link

• Lorendai

Lorendai Void-Bound Voyager

I haven't played in about a year, so i naturally needed to update the game, SMAPI, and countless mods. I did all of that, but I'm getting a persistent error no matter what I do that keeps the game from making it out of the loading screen. I have my error log, does anyone know what might be the problem?

https://log.smapi.io/KjD1jvqK

• Moragaine

@Lorendai I believe it's a problem with Immersvie Farm 2, it's trying to hook to the mines and failing.

• Lorendai

Lorendai Void-Bound Voyager

I've tried it with and without it and it does the same thing, same exact error.

Thread Status:
                                    Not open for further replies.