Modding Help Making an Unofficial Port of a mod to CF and wandering if I'm doing it right.

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ravenrakkuas, Sep 19, 2019.

1. ravenrakkuas

ravenrakkuas Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If anybody could tell me if this looks right so far. I'm trying to make Witchy-Gothic Interior for Custom Furniture.
    This is only the first part. (I split the unique items they made, minus the recolored furniture, into Floor and Wall) but I just want to make sure I got it all right before continuing.
    Especially the lamp part since the example image I was going off of didn't specify how if there was anything needed to make lamps light up.
    There's also a lantern (At least I think it's a lantern) that she made that I would like to light up. So if anyone could specify the lamp process (What's necessary to make one in CF) or direct me to something that does (Please no discord)
    (Also any feedback on the prices would be appreciated)
    I'm pretty terrible with coding and whatnot so sorry in advance.

IDK why the file didn't post but here it is.

Oh, why are there 2 threads.....

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2019
    • Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@ravenrakkuas The forums probably hiccuped while you were making your thread, they've been kind of shakey since their relocation. Now, about your mod: It is for the most part functional, except that starting with line 76 you forgot the comma after every closing curly brace for the rest of the json. The game also does not like " used as quotation marks in a descriiption, you need to change that description. After you fix those you'll be all set; I got the mod to load and the items appeared in the furniture catalog as they should. Lights work because they are called out as lights in the json - they need to have an 'off' sprite and an 'on' sprite, as the purple floor lamp does. It's something you can try, but I'm not sure if the game will recognize it or not. Good luck!

ravenrakkuas likes this.
      • Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

@ravenrakkuas
        I merged your posts. Please edit your posts instead of double or triple posting to avoid cluttering up the topic.
        I also removed the other topic. Please report it next time if there is an accidental duplicate so it is brought to our attention so that we can remove it. :nuruwink:

ravenrakkuas likes this.
        • ravenrakkuas

Sorry I tried seeing if I could delete it myself, but then I had to go to work. I haven't really used these forums (let alone posted anything in its own thread) and didn't know what to do. Thank you!

• ravenrakkuas

Thank you! I'm annoyed by the comma thing (of course I would do something like that) and I'll make sure to remove the " from my descriptions. And I thought the lamps worked like that, but I didn't wanna assume and end up ruining something :rofl:

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

Commas are the bain of json modders everywhere.

ravenrakkuas likes this.