1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.0

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

Client version 1.4.1 and broken base game assets pak. Either way, not a FU issue.

razor0109 likes this.
  2. jfiemmpa

jfiemmpa Big Damn Hero

https://pastebin.com/SHFe6BCk
    I am not sure if I should wait for the Discord bug forum to reply, but I will try here anyway
    Peaches pears and cherries won't load properly.
    I can see a part of the log that says error for those items.
    I have FU up to .357, and better food descriptions is the only mod I can think might be wrecking things.

3. LaughingAlex

LaughingAlex Ketchup Robot

https://pastebin.com/TKU34U3A

Not sure if this is caused by frackin universe, or it's a bug introduced with a recent starbound update, but the Violium Broadsword's secondary fire doesn't work. It'll trigger but only the character spins, the sword itself doesn't animate with the player character.

This is a major problem for me as it's a favorite weapon of mine and suddenly it's just not doing what it should be, leading to much disappointment.

4. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

Last person who complained about that had a slew of mods and your minimalist setup helps narrow it down. Doesn't happen with FU itself and the only other mod there that would interfere with animations would be RPG Growth.

5. LaughingAlex

I narrowed it further with the unstable version, I'll get a log shortly but I have only Frackin universe and Xbawks installed in unstable. It's Frackin Universe.

6. LaughingAlex

Small update on Violium Broadsword Flip Slash not animating:

https://pastebin.com/tYkq8dCU - Unstable Starbound

Only mods installed are Frackin Universe and xBawks(which FU requires).

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
  7. LaughingAlex

8. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

Guessing one of the 1.4 updates broke something, then?

9. LaughingAlex

Well, when I tested it on unstable with no mods, the sword worked fine. It was when I installed Frackin Universe that it broke. I wonder if it's a combination of the 1.4 update that may have resulted in a slip-up of the attack animation.

Edit: Like, the 1.4 update changed something with the sword and something conflicted with FU for it.

Another Edit: Last night also tested the Energy blade, it to has the same bug in that the sword doesn't spin with the character flip.

10. LaughingAlex

So beyond bug reports, some critique:

You made solar useless. No, really, you just as well have removed solar.

You made Arrays cost effectively, 3 times as much as solar panels not only requiring 2 solar panels but a ton of gold and titanium. For the same power output. Thats the same as making arrays completely not worth it. I don't even want to know what you made towers cost, i'm fairly certain however they are even more useless simply due to extreme costs.

Want solar to be balanced without making it overpowered? Cut the overall costs of panels in half, and make arrays/towers provide more power for space than there lower tiers of solar so the cost of upgrading is worthwhile(and overall should be worth the cost). Otherwise you just as well have deleted the entries and removed them from the game as it currently stands. This was a change clearly intended to make people only use generators. I mean you made it so artificial light doesn't work with solar which was a fine change and already made solar a much more costly path requiring batteries. But this nerf to solar goes way to far, it's overkill.

If anyone does use solar, I guarantee they will only use panels now. No one in there right mind will be using arrays or towers. Ever. And you'd be a moron for using them when they cost far more for the same results of the ingredients.

Heck, should just come up with a spreadsheet on costs and power production on what you'd expect out of a source:

Solar: Worst power to cost/space Ratio. Currently though, solar is far, far worst than it probably should be(In fact, it probably gets WORST for higher tiers exponentially, if towers follow the same trend as arrays then towers take 40 tungsten and silver, and about 12 titanium and 15 gold plus the huge amounts of silicon for both panels AND towers! For only the power of 2 arrays! Which is only the power of 4 panels!).
    Wind: Unreliable but superior power to cost/space ratio to solar on a windy world. (Come to think of it, is there any plans for more advanced wind generators? Like the spiral "work regardless of wind direction" type generators? That'd be cool.)
    Generators: Best power/cost ratio but takes fuel.

There, simple. No need to make solar exponentially less efficient on higher tiers vs it's own lower tiers.

Bug: For some reason wind is working around the clock. Now, I'm hesitant to say anything on this because of the above(you took a very dark path in development with overkill nerfs clearly designed around removal rather than balance, AND I figure you'll just nerf wind to uselessness next). But wind if I recall is supposed to depend on winds blowing. I seem to be getting 24/7 power out of wind.

11. loboBranco1245

loboBranco1245 Orbital Explorer

I still have the same problem of throwing pet out into the world,(captured) even after uninstalling all modes and leaving only FU!

I tested it on Vanilla and the problem didn't happen, as I mentioned, so I reinstalled the FU and only him, after capture a unknow creature in a procedurally generated world of FU, is randomly changed again generating a new skin when you throw it in the world in the first time.

Has something within its mod that conflicts with the vanilla pet system...

Detail the image of the pet remains the same as what I captured in the world, and this just happens with FU.

12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

13. McSandvich

McSandvich Big Damn Hero

er, so i installed the latest update on 1.3.4 and mech parts turned into perfectly generic items, when i start the mech quest, the mech just disapears completely, and im left stuck in the first area, whats going on?

14. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

You need to post a log. Sounds like you have a conflicting mod related to mech items.

15. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

Found the problem.

"Latest update" is for 1.4.4 (1.4.3 if you have GOG, at least).

16. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

17. nefrem

nefrem Phantasmal Quasar

If i don't want a character extender but i still want to play with FU, which files should i delete ?

18. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

Not sure you can. All the character extender does is make more spots for races during character creation. It's one of then minor mods.

19. nefrem

nefrem Phantasmal Quasar

I know i know...but for some reason i don't like it so much.

I found : if you want to have the vanilla Character Creation Menu back, you just have to delete the file : interface/windowconfig/charcreation.config.patch

20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

except that you will then crash, which is why we now include it by default. You *require* the character extender to not cause issues. It is now built in, so that won't be an issue anyhow. Deleting it is not wise.