Modding Discussion Modding Guides and General Modding Discussion--REDUX

Discussion in 'Mods' started by cantorsdust, Mar 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@Stable_Sable702 How do you do what/which? You'll need to be a bit more specific with your question.

• Stable_Sable702

Stable_Sable702 Space Hobo

@Moragaine i've been trying to merge a couple or hairstyles, tops and wallpaper/flooring together using XNB Node (0.2.1) and i've also tried with XNB Extract however i can't seem to unpack the xnb files to edit them.

• Sarala

Sarala Intergalactic Tourist

Hi. Anyone knows the name of the sound that plays when you kiss your Husband/Wife?. Thanks.

• klmt

klmt Void-Bound Voyager

Does anyone have a really simple step-by-step guide on editing .PNGs for SDV? I want to merge two hair mods (Eemie's Cute Long Hairstyles and the long set from Coii's Hair Sets Pack), but don't know how to add length to the .PNG to copy in one set of hairs to the other's hairstyles.png.

• BritneyMc0206

BritneyMc0206 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I use FireAlpaca. It lets me have multiple tabs or any/all my projects, select part of a projects, & edit/copy/delete each portion I select. There might be others, maybe better, but that's what I like to use. You'd have to play around a bit if you wanna add length to a project, choosing width & height in a new project (IDK if you can edit the size in an existing project) but I managed to do so by opening a new tab.

• pumpkinbumpkin

pumpkinbumpkin Space Hobo

Hi everyone! I'm very new here but I was wondering how to edit marnie's ranch (the exterior and interior). I can't find it in the town tilesheets or interior. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

The interior is a map file (Maps/AnimalShop); the exterior is on Maps/spring_outdoorsTilesheet (and other seasons)

• Kurosaru

Kurosaru Big Damn Hero

I've a question, I'm unsure if it is possible or answered earlier. I've recently downloaded a mod that requires me to start a new game for the mod to change an NPC, is there any way to either transfer a character/inventory/skills to this new game or just restart that NPC in my current game? I'm pretty far in and really would rather not start all over for a single mod.

• lopz0r

lopz0r Seal Broken

Is it possible to reset my community center progress without losing the rewards?
                    I've completed the vanilla CC bundles to unlock the Greenhouse/Minecart and now i would like to install the Minerva Harder CC PPJA mod, but my bundles are already complete :(
                    I've tried changing all the CC entries in the save file, as well as running the console commands to reset the bundles, and it works until i sleep, then the day after they disappear again.

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@lopz0r I am not sure you can reset CC progress even with a mod like CJB Cheats Menu. You'll have to start a new game most likely.

• lopz0r

lopz0r Seal Broken

I somehow got it. I changed all the entries on my save file from true to false (in the cc bundle entries), and used the console command resetjunimonotes. It kept my unlockables while completely reseting the CC itself. Took me a few tries to get it all right, but it did! Im halfway through Minerva's now :)
                        Thanks for the reply!

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@lopz0r Oh good. I was going to suggest save-file editing but most people generally aren't too comfortable with that. Glad you figured it out.

• Calcifer1

Calcifer1 Space Hobo

is it possible to hold an event on the condition that the player wins a certain festival event?

In this case, I wanted the event to fire when the player was married to a character and won the festival's fishing contest.

• Eros DkAl

Eros DkAl Big Damn Hero

It is possible to trigger an event after you have seen another event (festivals count as events), but I don't think it is possible to trigger an event after specifically having won a mini-game at an event. At least not without extra codding intervention (like editing the festivals data).

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
                              • Calcifer1

Calcifer1 Space Hobo

but, isn't the mayor's message out of the minigame? and it changes depending on the result ...

• Eros DkAl

Eros DkAl Big Damn Hero

If you mean the message after the player wins or not, it is out of the mini-game but it is still in the festival event, the message, the event, the minigame, and the festival itself were encoded/programmed as one into the same file, in the same "script", so that is why the variable of whether or not the player wins the mini-game only affects that event and the festival but nothing outside of it. That is why it would be necessary to add a new variable (like a mail-flag (for example) at the end of the event that identifies whether or not the player won the mini-game) that could be used externally. (I'm not very good at explaining this kind of thing, and also the CA code is kind of messy it self, so it's not easy to explain it).

(Also, my native language is not English, so if there is something not understandable from my "explanation" it could also be a translation error on my part. :rofl:)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
                                  • Calcifer1

Calcifer1 Space Hobo

I researched in another community and I was told that "n Ice Festival" would work, could you confirm?

• Eros DkAl

Eros DkAl Big Damn Hero

It is not as easy as just putting that as a precondition. Also you can't use "Ice Festival" with the space in between, it would have to be "IceFestival" for it to work (SDV limitations).

• Calcifer1

Calcifer1 Space Hobo

I checked the festival code now, is it possible to add a variable after activating the player's victory message? (because the speech of victory is part of the festival itself) as "winIceFestival" to the code to activate my event later? sorry i'm not used to seeing c# so i don't understand much about how to program in stardew valley

• Eros DkAl

Eros DkAl Big Damn Hero

You could add "winIceFestival" as a mail flag at the end of the code (the part where it clarifies that the player won thte minigame) on the fishing festival data, with this when the player wins the minigame the "winIcefestival" will be set as a flag (this will act as if the player has received a card whose "id" is winIceFestival) and then you should be able to use "n winIceFestival" as a precondition.

I'm actually a bit of a noob when it comes to SDV codding. You could ask someone who really knows about SDV code, like Entoarox or Phatoschild, or others.

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.