Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@Darkcedars Unfortunately, that is a known problem with the Mothman mod. The author was made aware of the problem, but I don't know that he's updated it yet.

• Darkcedars

Darkcedars Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks jhangmar & Moragaine. Rolling eyes at myself because removing Mothman is probably the only thing I didn't try yesterday. I forget that's there until he coasts by and scares the crap out of me.

• hellanor

hellanor Space Spelunker

Hi all! I'm trying to start playing with mods on mac, but for some reason, none of the mods I install are actually launching. I've re-installed SMAPI and mon, verified the game files multiple times, and tried with different mods, but nothing has worked.
        One thing I've noticed that seems odd is that according to terminal, the mods are working perfectly, but there's also this text: ApplePersistenceIgnoreState: Existing state will not be touched. New state will be written to (null)
        Most recent log is here: https://log.smapi.io/Z858Tpd6
        Any help would be super appreciated!

• jahangmar

jahangmar Sandwich Man

@hellanor I can see that you installed Content Patcher and Quiet Basin. Are there more mods you installed that do not appear in the log or is Quiet Basin not working? Just to be sure: Quiet Basin changes the forest farm. Are you sure you selected the right farm type?

• hellanor

hellanor Space Spelunker

yep, that was it! thanks for the help, i overreacted a little

• necromix

necromix Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, my game keeps crashing at save too. I'm not exactly sure what's causing it. I tried playing with a new save and everything worked perfectly, I've deleted some mods, and I've tried moving the things in the fridge to chests because I thought it was an expanded fridge bug or something.

https://log.smapi.io/jQ4GR6Wh

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
              • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@necromix The error is due to invalid dialogue data from one of your mods. Try this:
                1. Temporarily remove Canon-Friendly Dialogue Expansion, George & Evelyn Developed, and Tunnelling Ahead.
                2. Play through one day and save.
                3. Put the mods back in.
                Hopefully the problem dialogue won't be applied the next day.

If that doesn't fix it, you can try the SMAPI 3.0 alpha which automatically prevents that error from crashing your game. Some mods haven't been updated for 3.0 yet though. You can ask in #modding on the Stardew Valley Discord if you'd like a preview SMAPI 3.0 build.

• necromix

necromix Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you! I removed all the dialogue mods and it still crashed oof. I'll try the SMAPI 3.0 or try removing some other mods; thank you again.

• xerxia

xerxia Void-Bound Voyager

• jahangmar

jahangmar Sandwich Man

@xerxia
                    That issue is caused by a mod changing a npc schedule. It's probably "Chase's Custom NPC MothMan Mod" which is known to cause this problem.
                    I will create a bug report since no one did this before.
                    Edit: In the "Posts" section on the nexus page the bug is mentioned and even a fix is provided.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
                    • James_Wong

James_Wong Aquatic Astronaut

Hi there curious reader! I've seen to be having trouble with my game.
                      Crashes about every time I try to place an object on the map, same goes for plant seeds...

Here is the log: https://log.smapi.io/i9ivHKtQ

I'm not a "code" person so it all looks like a Rubix cube to me and I can never solve does things.
                      Anyway thanks for reading,
                      Cheers.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
                      • Moragaine

@James_Wong Json Assets is really upset about something - there's at least one duplicate item (Corndogs) that needs to be fixed; but I'm not sure if that's what causing the crash. Try removing either Fresh Meat or Extra Yummies and see if that helps.

• James_Wong

James_Wong Aquatic Astronaut

LOL that was so simple! I just deleted the duplicate item and the worked. Boy I sure feel dumm.
                          Thanks for the assist!

• Moragaine

You're welcome! Don't feel dumb, though; mod interaction can get complicated and hard to follow for even veteran modders if it's something you're not familiar with.

• DragonofTenebrae

DragonofTenebrae Big Damn Hero

I'm having a major problem which I thought I fixed but it actually just made things worse.

It's the day before the wedding, and everything was fine but when I went to bed the game crashed. I tried several different things to fix it, and I found one solution by just freezing time and going to bed at 6 am (it got me to the next day at least) but now the wedding seems to be inaccessible and I don't know what to do to fix it.

https://log.smapi.io/n1c6AWQH

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@DragonofTenebrae Try removing Farmhouse Extended until after the wedding to fix that. (There's a known issue in Stardew Valley 1.3 which causes the spouse room change to crash if there are certain changes to the farmhouse. That should be fixed in Stardew Valley 1.4.)

DragonofTenebrae likes this.
                                • DragonofTenebrae

DragonofTenebrae Big Damn Hero

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI 2.11.3 is now available!

Release notes:
                                  • For players:
                                    • SMAPI now prevents invalid items from breaking menus on hover.
                                    • SMAPI now prevents invalid event preconditions from crashing the game (thanks to berkayylmao!).
                                    • SMAPI now prevents more invalid dialogue from crashing the game.
                                    • Fixed errors during early startup not shown before exit.
                                    • Fixed various error messages and inconsistent spelling.
                                  • For the web UI:
                                    • When filtering the mod list, clicking a mod link now automatically adds it to the visible mods.
                                    • Added log parser instructions for Android.
                                    • Fixed log parser failing in some cases due to time format localisation.
                                  • For modders:
                                    • this.Monitor.Log now defaults to the Trace log level instead of Debug. The change will only take effect when you recompile the mod.
                                    • Fixed 'location list changed' verbose log not correctly listing changes.
                                  Let me know if you run into any issues.

Beon likes this.
                                  • RaggedInsomnia9

RaggedInsomnia9 Space Hobo

Can somebody help me pls?
                                    I'm having some error while installings SMAPI (The newest version).
                                    Here is the error.
                                    Untitled.png

I was trying to install it manually, because I have the "side-by-side incorrect configuration error 59" when I try to use the installer (but I feel pretty hopeless with this one because I have had it in most of the application in my computer and I couldn't fix it. But in some of those apps I still can find the other way around to run it, so I think is fine.)
                                    Anyway, This is the first time I ran into an issue when install SMAPI (I used to install it normaly before I got my computer fixed). Hope you guys can help me with this one.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@RaggedInsomnia9 It looks like something is wrong with Windows itself. Which version of Windows do you have?

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.