1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED The Orcana

Discussion in 'Races' started by Nemasys, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

NEW UPDATE!

1.4a

Quick City Fix
    • Fixes and Other Changes
      • Fixed an issue that prevented the top section of the city center buildings from spawning in Orcana cities

2. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

I keep getting the line "[18:00:09.779] [Error] No quest template found for id 'learnlaurelwreath'" in my log. It seems every time you pick up a plant fibre, this quest fires... except the quest doesn't exist. Also, I'm not playing as an orcana, so I don't know if I should even get that quest. You should probably see about getting that quest fixed.

3. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

Thanks, I did remove that quest, but clearly forgot to remove the reference to it. I'll get that fixed for the next update.

4. Eradem

Eradem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Been about 2 months with that bug still standing. It's only just 'slightly' annoying.

5. Natural Aura

Natural Aura Pangalactic Porcupine

All you really have to do in order to remove the bug for now is just delete the fibre.object.patch, as all the file really did before this update was teach the orcana race the recipe for the laurel wreath. Now with that already in the orcana race on-hand crafting menu by default, there is no need for that patch file at all.

Edit: Oh, that and before you can even do that, you'll have to unpack the .pak file that the mod is.
    I'd suggest using PAKit, here is a link to the download location if you need that.
    https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/pakit.5214/

6. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, I've already done that on my end, so the next update will fix it. I've just been taking care of life, so the mod has taken a back seat again for a bit. I'll try to get what I currently have posted soon.

7. Natural Aura

Anything involving whatever it may be that is going on in your life should always take top priority. Especially considering that there is no physical benefit for any modder to develop mods in the first place. So please take however much time as you feel like. Try to take it easy out there, friend. :)

8. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

NEW UPDATE!

1.4b

• Objects
      • Added Orcana Tower Clock
    • Dungeons
      • Added guard towers to the empty domes at the ends of the cities
    • Fixes and Other Changes
      • Lowered the price of bubbulb fruit and made it a perennial crop
      • Corrected the issue with Advanced Test Drive quest awarding a human mech instead of the Orcana one
      • Removed all reference to the laurel wreath blueprint quest - the laurel wreath is already known by all new Orcana by default

9. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Have you add a side quest for the NPCs at the underwater city? It's quite hard for me to search a recruitable Orcana (other than from Orcanan trader and tenant).

10. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

Yes, Orcana city NPCs have side quests that they offer from time to time just like with NPCs in vanilla cities.

Daikon Ocelot likes this.
  11. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Okay, thanks. I'll check it out.

12. NightmareDL

NightmareDL Subatomic Cosmonaut

That is the ugliest pet i have seen , i want to kill it with fire

13. Natural Aura

What? Frogo is such a cool pet! It's his pure simplicity and yet unique style that makes him great with the Orcana! Though, if yah truly feel that way, there are always ways to replace him with another pet. -w-
    (Not through this mod, it would be through some other mod, but I'm sure you can find it... A simple google search would do the trick.)

Ickura and Saint Apollyon like this.
  14. smudgey

smudgey Void-Bound Voyager

Help! This is SO FRUSTRATING!!

Why the HECK can I not jump out of water, with the racial swim boost enabled?

What is causing this? I keep hitting the up arrow, but my character only slightly bounces out of the water, even though my swim speed is crazy fast. The pathetic jump out of the water isn't even enough to clear a 1-block height ledge. I also frequently get stuck on terrain blocks while swimming, and I can only unstuck myself by breaking up the blocks or killing myself if the block is indestructible.

Is there a fix for this, or is it just going to be insanely annoying the entire time I'm playing???

Video of what I mean: https://imgur.com/a/C2hUnW0

15. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

That's a good question. I have not personally ever run into this issue, and I'm afraid that racial abilities are not something the Orcana mod does. If you are using other mods that add this functionality, then this would be a question for the people that maintain those other mods. Sorry that I couldn't be more help.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  16. Natural Aura

Are you using any other mods? I know of one that would do something like that called "Improved Swim Physics!". Another mod that changes the swimming behavior would be Frackin Universe. As far as racial specific affects go, then you have Frackin Races.

17. Nemasys

Nemasys Cosmic Narwhal

NEW UPDATE!
    (It's about time, right?)

• Cities
      • Added an apartment building to city generation.
      • Added a mining facility to city generation. (wip)
      • Added a temple to city generation. (wip)
      • Added random loot to the various containers throughout the cities.
    • Armor
      • Preliminary Draconarius Helmet (T5 manipulator helm) art is in.
      • Orcana Skull Mask (Also added to bone biome treasure pool)
      • Orcana Anatomy Mask (Also added to flesh biome treasure pool)
      • Orcana Anatomy Trousers (Also added to flesh biome treasure pool)
    • Objects
      • Coral Cabinet
      • Orcana Lamp Post
      • Orcana Curtain and Curtain Rod Extension
      • Orcana Holo-Orrery
      • Orcana Hover Pad
      • Coral Teleporter added to the 2-Stop Teleshop
      • Orcana Conduit Valve
      • Marble Door
    • Items
      • Added Trigon Ball (throwable)
      • Added Dirty Gym Socks (not throwable)
    • Blocks
      • New raw marble block and additional craftable blocks that can be made using it:
        • Polished Marble Block
        • Marble Pillar Block
        • Marble Platform
        • Polished Marble Tiles
        • Marble Trim
        • Sloped Marble Block
        • Marble Molding
        • Fancy Marble Molding
      • Reworked Orcana pillar blocks to use my new advanced column template. (You can now build columns that are wider than a single block!)
      • Reworked Orcana platforms to use my new advanced platform template. (Platforms now have finished end caps when they do not touch other blocks.)
    • Biomes
      • Added a new subterranean biome - Marble Caves - Generates predominately below arctic planets, but also has a chance to generate on other planet types as well.
      • Replaced the pufferfish critters in the Giant Coral biome with new Seadrake critters.
      • Implemented additional artwork for the giant coral "trees" in the Giant Coral biome.
    • Misc
      • Added athlete NPCs that spawn in the city amphitheatre.
      • Fin options in character customization now have a bit more variety and better delineation between male and female (with some overlap). -Existing characters should be unaffected (I think)
      • Integrated The Orcana alphabet. This will allow for some interesting new codices. (Are there any linguists out there that might be able to crack it?)
      • Brightened the strip lights. (Things were looking a bit too gloomy for my taste.)

Last edited: May 21, 2022