1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. Megsoiluj

Megsoiluj Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Damn, I greatly admire the commitment and dedication of the author; the last time I played with FU, it was about 3 years ago, it took me months to complete all the content, I am even afraid to imagine how much content it will have by now.

2. thebigsea47

thebigsea47 Void-Bound Voyager

It shouldn't be that problem. i I subscribed Xbawks Character Extender.And I don't subscribe to a lot of mods.These are the mods I subscribe to, are there known conflicts?

1.food & item stack9999 & food not decay-for fu
    2.FU BYOS Modded Race Path (FR Supported Races)
    3.Frackin 's Universe
    4.Xbawks Character extender
    5.USS Polaris for human [discontinued]
    that's all.

3. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

Pretty much anything discontinued will probably conflict. Unless it was discontinued after the latest patch for Starbound.

You have that BYOS patch, but don't have Frackin' Races?

4. thebigsea47

thebigsea47 Void-Bound Voyager

USS Polaris for human is just a ship ,and only the old character are using,that character play so long time ,i really don't want to delete .
    BYOS patch is etter to use with the races ? Frackin' Races subscribed a long time ago, I forgot what was behind the cancellation.
    thank you, I added on it to try:nod:

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

doesnt matter if its Just A Ship. it wont be compatible with BYOS, but will work fine in Default mode

FU is intended for fresh new characters and universes, not established universes and characters.

Sock_Bunny likes this.
  6. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

welp, I've posted in the forums that i cannot seem to update the mod. No one on CF forum staff has responded as of yet, so : there is an update on git.

Natural Aura likes this.
  7. Morphy

Morphy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Anyone else getting an odd fatal exception?

It started (as far as I know) when the old FTL engines were depreciated and new ones added. The depreciated FTL drive would not "break" into mats (as instructed) and while I can build the new ones, placing any in the ship will cause a fatal exception and CTD, erasing the item from the map and inventory if I had made more than the one I was placing down. I've checked the logs and there's no preamble or warning. The problem was only first noticed when I was told by the FU changelog I should swap out for the new drives.

As a side note, the vanilla FTL drive still works fine in all respects so I'm not stranded in space as Navigation will not function without a drive of some sort.

Pastebin of the log, https://pastebin.com/kTXYH89u

8. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

what the heck are these

1. [17:44:29.519] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\SSVMSPOVZovoroth'
    2. [17:44:29.521] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\SSVMSPOV_TEMPLATE'
    3. [17:44:29.522] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\SSVMSPOVchars'
    4. [17:44:29.525] [Info] Loading assets from: '..\mods\SSVMSPOVelric'

beyond that...not seeing much int his log that has info to help. I see something regarding containers, but thats for something not in FU and not linked to your issue. Sadly, not much else I can see in the log to help either.

9. DonLuiD

DonLuiD Void-Bound Voyager

I think there is an issue with the weapon TK-4 Keter, once i dual wield them and start firing, my character get locked in one direction, making me unable to change into opposite direction while keeping firing. The issue seen to be happening when one Keter is on the right slot with other machine pistols weapons as well.

Attached Files:

10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

pasteebin link please. I shouldnt have to format your text file for you.

11. DonLuiD

DonLuiD Void-Bound Voyager

12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

hmm no errors in the log. ill have to manually see whats up there. thanks.

13. yeet x69

yeet x69 Intergalactic Tourist

help i downloaded the mod and the game crash when i try to open it and i didn't even download the incompatible mods
    here's the crash log:https://pastebin.com/mRcG42B1

14. Silverbane7

Silverbane7 Pangalactic Porcupine

woah yeetx69 thats a fair few mods in that pastebin list.
    quite a few of them are mech mods, i think some of them might be interfearing with the FU mecha parts.
    there were a few race mods, some of which may be also interfearing (anything that alters the starting mission, or the allready in game races may cause some issues)
    i saw a planet type mod in there in the list. if that changes anything about how the universe and planets are generated by the game, that too can cause issues.
    and finaly, while you have frakkin races, i did not see the XBawks race extender listed in the mods. did you include that at all? its integral now since FU has a dozen or so added races.
    so first, try installing the character extender. if it still crashes, start taking out the mods that are races (other than frakkin races which is a patch for support), the mech mods and the mods that change how the universe is created in your game.
    if all else fails....go back to basics.

remove all the mods and start over with just frakkin universe, frakkin races and the xbawks character extender then go from there.
    its tedious to do it one at a time but many mods have FU integral versions that are not compatable (as you may allready know) but sometimes you just have to go the slow way

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

you have conflicting , outdated or broken mods installed.

the main problem in this case is another mod adding a "boneblade" which is already a weapon in FU, thus causing a duplicate asset conflict.

And no, I don't know which mod is doing it. This is why you don't install 200 mods. Best of luck in discovering which mod does it. Let me know when you figure it out and which mod it was.

16. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

The mech quest is broken. You can't put fuel in the mech without the mech tablet, which you only receive after you've completed the quest. (Unless you're expected to craft one yourself beforehand, in which case getting another is redundant.)

Fortunately it can be circumvented by quitting the area and returning, at which point the mech will be fueled up beforehand. Doesn't feel like the right way to do it, but regardless.

17. Deflower Power

Deflower Power Big Damn Hero

Well whats wrong with the QuarterStaff default stances in FU? you just stand with both hands out in front of you instead of just 1 hand. how do you fix that?

18. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

20. razor0109

razor0109 Yeah, You!

please see attached log file

Attached Files: