Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fairycake

Fairycake Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Omg yay it's working! Thank you so much!!

• azurejpg

azurejpg Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi, I'm having trouble with opening the game and playing an already saved file where the loading screen keeps going on and on forever while getting this error: "Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Maps\mine". File contains xTile.Map but trying to load as Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D."
      I don't like using Steam achievements so you can ignore that "error". I don't know what it is that's causing this problem, and I have already updated all of my mods to the latest versions following the links to the updates shown on the log (I don't know why it keeps telling me to update when I already did update these past few days). Here's my SMAPI log if it helps: https://log.smapi.io/kb79rZCR

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out and got everything fixed! Had to re-install the game and start fresh but everything is a million times better than before!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
      • sks100

sks100 Space Hobo

I am having a weird problem where SMAPI is trying to run mods that I have deleted from my mods folder. Also, many of the mods that are in the mods folder are not working, although a handful of them are. Anyone know what I should try? I have GOG version and am on a Mac.

Edit: I fixed it, I was loading new mods into the backup copy folder i had made. D'oh.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
        • danweh

danweh Space Spelunker

So, I have some mod's I have been trying to use. Portraiture for SHIE's portraits, Missy's Shirts, and Male to Female Bachelors. But I get this notice when it loads up that they were skipped because they're not SMAPi mods.
          [​IMG]
          I tried going to the link but it didn't load so I am not sure what or why they don't work when it seems to work for other people?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@danweh The wiki was offline earlier, but that link should work now. See smapi.io/xnb for more info, particularly the Alternatives using Content Patcher section.

• PurrritoCat

PurrritoCat Space Hobo

I need some help with my game, when I try to load a save, it keeps loading but never works. When I try making a new server, it crashes once the start cutscene finishes. I can't play and I think it has to do with a mod I got, it worked fine with mods but it stopped working when I tried using a portrait mod, this one https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/3218?tab=posts&BH=0 I think I messed something up in the files but I have no experience in modding/programming or whatever so I'm really confused, the SMAPI log said I should post this https://log.smapi.io.
              I'd really appreciate it if someone can help me fix this because I think I tried everything :(

• jdvs515

jdvs515 Void-Bound Voyager

Hi there. I've been playing for a while with no problems, but today I've been getting crashes every time my I attempt to go to bed (save). I assume one of my mods is screwing this up, but for the life of me I can't figure it out. Here is my log from the most recent crash: https://log.smapi.io/f5qynYGV

Thanks for any help! :)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@PurrritoCat XNB mods (the ones that replace files in your Content folder) are no longer recommended, since they often break your game like that. I suggest...
                  1. reset your content files to remove XNB mods;
                  2. install Content Patcher;
                  3. install the content pack version of that mod (and check that page for any other XNB mods you want).
                  @jdvs515 One of your mods added invalid schedule data for an NPC, possibly one of the custom NPC mods which can't be safely removed. If you come ask in #modding on the Stardew Valley Discord though, we can give you a preview SMAPI 3.0 build which should prevent that error from crashing the game.

• PurrritoCat

PurrritoCat Space Hobo

@Pathoschild Thank you, my game is working again! That was way easier than I thought! :)

• jdvs515

jdvs515 Void-Bound Voyager

Just wanted to give an update. I was still getting crashes with the preview build, so I just cut my losses and attempted to uninstall the custom NPC mods using the uninstall method in Shiko's mod page. So far I've been able to save at the end of the day with no crash. Don't know if my save is irreparably damaged now, but I'll just start a new one from scratch if it is. Thanks for the help, @Pathoschild

• fridlefridle

fridlefridle Void-Bound Voyager

Hey all you awesome people, I'm super loving the Stardew Valley mods, but I messed up somehow and game just stuck on "loading" (Had like 130 mods via smapi installed). Now I deleted em all and only kept some. But game is still stuck on "loading". Thre are files I don't understand where I could find and deleted them, (for example a character Ram something...)? Could anyone less nooby please explain to me what this text in smapi is saying...? Is there an answer in there why the game is not working? Thank you <3

upload_2019-8-18_15-18-1.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
                        • Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@fridlefridle In this case it looks like you had a custom NPC mod before, so you can't load that save anymore without it. If you post a zip of your save files, I can remove custom NPCs so it works again.

• voxrio

voxrio Void-Bound Voyager

My game keeps crashing at the end when I am saving it.....Please, help! Thanks

[SMAPI] SMAPI 2.11.2 with Stardew Valley 1.3.36 on Microsoft Windows 10 Pro [SMAPI] Mods go here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods [SMAPI] The game crashed last time you played. That can be due to bugs in the game, but if it happens repeatedly you can ask for help here: https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/108375/. [SMAPI] If you ask for help, make sure to share your SMAPI log: https://log.smapi.io. [SMAPI] Press any key to delete the crash data and continue playing. [SMAPI] Starting game... Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 413150 Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID: Caching Steam ID: 76561198977607712 [API loaded no] [SMAPI] Loaded 16 mods: [SMAPI] ChestEx 1.1.2 by Berkay Yigit (berkayylmao) | Increase the capacity of your chests/fridge, today! [SMAPI] CJB Item Spawner 1.11.4 by CJ Bok | Simple in-game item spawner! [SMAPI] Console Commands 2.11.2 by SMAPI | Adds SMAPI console commands that let you manipulate the game. [SMAPI] Content Patcher 1.9.2 by Pathoschild | Loads content packs which edit game data, images, and maps without changing the game files. [SMAPI] Custom NPC Fixes 1.1.3 by spacechase0 | Fixes for Custom NPCs. [SMAPI] Deep Woods 1.6-beta.3 by Max Vollmer | Adds an explorable forest to the secret woods. How deep does it go? [SMAPI] Entoarox Framework 2.4.6 by Entoarox | A collection of APIs to make modding easier. [SMAPI] Farm Type Manager 1.6.2 by Esca | Allows custom spawning of content from each farm type, such as ore and forage [SMAPI] Json Assets 1.3.6 by spacechase0 | Allow custom stuff. [SMAPI] Longevity 1.6.10 by RTGOAT | Platform that will be used to continually add longevity to the game. [SMAPI] NPC Map Locations 2.4.2 by Bouhm | Shows NPCs and farmers on the map. Uses a modified map page for accurate tracking. [SMAPI] PondWithBridge 1.0.2 by Advize & Jinxiewinxie | Adds a bridge over the lower pond on the farm [SMAPI] PyTK 1.9.12 by Platonymous | Platonymous Toolkit [SMAPI] Save Backup 2.11.2 by SMAPI | Automatically backs up all your saves once per day into its folder. [SMAPI] TMXLoader 1.9.4 by Platonymous | Load TMX Maps into the Game [SMAPI] WinterGrass 2.0 by Cat | Grass will stay around in winter. [SMAPI] Loaded 24 content packs: [SMAPI] Babies Take After Spouse v2 1.3 by lakoria | for Content Patcher | Changes the baby and toddler spritesheets based on your config choices. [SMAPI] BusStop Expansion Expansion 1.0.5 by TrentXV | for TMXLoader | Adds an area in the back of the Bus Stop where you can purchase new machines, Explore an Adandoned Mine and has a boarding house for custom NPCs to live in. [SMAPI] Eemie's Victorian Buildings [CP] 1.0 by eemiestardew | for Content Patcher | A conversion of Eemie's Seasonal Victorian Buildings. Flowers not included. [SMAPI] Elliott - Expanded Marriage Dialogue 1.0 by sabreene | for Content Patcher | Adds about 20 lines, plus numerous 'expanded' conversations, so the more you click, the more you hear. [SMAPI] Elliott Dialogue Expansion (Full Version) 1.0 by sabreene | for Content Patcher | Expands Elliott's dialogue by over 130 lines, enhancing his character. Keeps vanilla dialogue but expands some of it. Uses all days. Not compatible with other dialogue mods. [SMAPI] Farmer to Florist 1.3.2 by Kildarien (Original assets) + SpringsSong (conversion to JsonAssets) | for Json Assets | Adds various flowers and flower-related recipes to the game. Be sure to use with the accompanying machines via CustomFarmingRedux! [SMAPI] Forage Settings Boarding House 1.0.5 by TrentXV | for Farm Type Manager | This FTM pack is for Boarding House Mod! [SMAPI] Island 1.0.3 by HisameArtworks&TrentXV | for Content Patcher | Adds a Island to SDV [SMAPI] Island 1.0.3 by HisameArtworks&TrentXV | for TMXLoader | Adds an Island to Fish tropical fish. [SMAPI] Island Foraging 1.0.3 by HisameArtworks&TrentXV | for Farm Type Manager | This FTM pack is for Island Mod! [SMAPI] Island Fruits 1.0.3 by Hisameartwork&TrentXV | for Json Assets | Adds the fruits used in island foraging. [SMAPI] Karmylla's Immersive Maps - SVE EDITION 2.6.6 by Karmylla & FlashShifter | for Content Patcher | SVE EDITION: Enjoy a more immersive SDV with more detailed maps and Dusty! [SMAPI] Lost Valley Forageables 1.1 by Trent XV | for Json Assets | Adds foregeables to boarding house, lost valley and abandoned mines [SMAPI] More Fish 3.1.1 by HisameArtWork&TrentXV | for Content Patcher | Adds new fish to the game [SMAPI] Oasis Greenhouse 1.5 by DaisyNiko | for Content Patcher | a pretty garden greenhouse with cellar, spa, and more. [SMAPI] Stardew Valley Expanded 1.5 by FlashShifter | for Content Patcher | Remasters all maps, adds 15 new maps, adds 3 new NPCs, adds over 500 location messages, adds 63 new events, and more! [SMAPI] Stardew Valley Expanded - Andy NPC 1.5 by FlashShifter | for Content Patcher | Adds Andy to Stardew Valley Expanded [SMAPI] Stardew Valley Expanded - Olivia NPC 1.5 by FlashShifter | for Content Patcher | Adds Olivia to Stardew Valley Expanded [SMAPI] Stardew Valley Expanded - PyTK 1.5 by FlashShifter | for TMXLoader | Adds many new areas to the game. [SMAPI] Stardew Valley Expanded - Victor NPC 1.5 by FlashShifter | for Content Patcher | Adds Victor to Stardew Valley Expanded [SMAPI] Stardew Valley Expanded Forage Locations 1.5 by FlashShifter | for Farm Type Manager | This FTM pack is for SVE! [SMAPI] Summer Hours 1.0 by minervamaga | for Content Patcher | Expands the hours the villagers houses and shops are open during the summer! [SMAPI] Summer Hours 1.0 by minervamaga | for TMXLoader | Expands the hours the villagers houses and shops are open during the summer! [SMAPI] SVE NPC Maps and Festival Spots 1.5 by FlashShifter | for TMXLoader | Adds festival locations and misc. [SMAPI] Found 21 mods with warnings: [SMAPI] Skipped mods [SMAPI] -------------------------------------------------- [SMAPI] These mods could not be added to your game. [SMAPI] - fall because it contains files, but none of them are manifest.json. [SMAPI] - previews and gifs NOT IMPORTANT because it contains files, but none of them are manifest.json. [SMAPI] - Seasonal Immersion 1.12 because it's no longer compatible. Please check for a new version at https://mods.smapi.io [SMAPI] - spring because it contains files, but none of them are manifest.json. [SMAPI] - summer because it contains files, but none of them are manifest.json. [SMAPI] - Vanilla craftables because it contains files, but none of them are manifest.json. [SMAPI] - winter because it contains files, but none of them are manifest.json. [SMAPI] Changed save serialiser [SMAPI] -------------------------------------------------- [SMAPI] These mods change the save serialiser. They may corrupt your save files, or make them unusable if [SMAPI] you uninstall these mods. [SMAPI] - TMXLoader [SMAPI] - Entoarox Framework [SMAPI] Patched game code [SMAPI] -------------------------------------------------- [SMAPI] These mods directly change the game code. They're more likely to cause errors or bugs in-game; if [SMAPI] your game has issues, try removing these first. Otherwise you can ignore this warning. [SMAPI] - ChestEx [SMAPI] - PyTK [SMAPI] - TMXLoader [SMAPI] - Json Assets [SMAPI] - WinterGrass [SMAPI] No update keys [SMAPI] -------------------------------------------------- [SMAPI] These mods have no update keys in their manifest. SMAPI may not notify you about updates for these [SMAPI] mods. Consider notifying the mod authors about this problem. [SMAPI] - Stardew Valley Expanded - PyTK [SMAPI] - Elliott - Expanded Marriage Dialogue [SMAPI] - Elliott Dialogue Expansion (Full Version) [SMAPI] - Stardew Valley Expanded Forage Locations [SMAPI] - Stardew Valley Expanded - Andy NPC [SMAPI] - Stardew Valley Expanded - Olivia NPC [SMAPI] - Stardew Valley Expanded - Victor NPC [SMAPI] - SVE NPC Maps and Festival Spots [Json Assets] Loading content packs... [Json Assets] Island Fruits 1.0.3 by Hisameartwork&TrentXV - Adds the fruits used in island foraging. [Json Assets] Farmer to Florist 1.3.2 by Kildarien (Original assets) + SpringsSong (conversion to JsonAssets) - Adds various flowers and flower-related recipes to the game. Be sure to use with the accompanying machines via CustomFarmingRedux! [Json Assets] Lost Valley Forageables 1.1 by Trent XV - Adds foregeables to boarding house, lost valley and abandoned mines [SMAPI] Type 'help' for help, or 'help <cmd>' for a command's usage [PyTK] ContentPath:C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content [SMAPI] You can update 9 mods: [SMAPI] BusStop Expansion Expansion 2.0: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/4120 [SMAPI] Entoarox Framework 2.4.7: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2269 [SMAPI] Forage Settings Boarding House 2.0: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/4120 [SMAPI] Json Assets 1.3.7: https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/5138 [SMAPI] Lost Valley Forageables 2.0: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/4120 [SMAPI] More Fish 3.1.2: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/3578 [SMAPI] Stardew Valley Expanded 1.5.2: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/3753 [SMAPI] Summer Hours 1.0.2: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/4248 [SMAPI] Summer Hours 1.0.2: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/4248

• jahangmar

jahangmar Sandwich Man

@voxrio Please upload your log here: https://log.smapi.io/ (follow the instructions on the page). Your log isn't readable in its current state.

• acouncilspectere

acouncilspectere Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello All,

I'm having some issues troubleshooting some crashing that I've got going on. Seems to consistently crash whenever selecting items past the 6th item spot on the hotbar. Hopefully I can get some insight as to whats going on.

Log

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You seem to be having an error with Json Assets. Your log lists Json Assets as having an update available

Try updating all your mods and see if the error persists

• acouncilspectere

acouncilspectere Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I just ended up deleting and reinstalling the Json Assets folder. Still reporting that the version is 1.3.6, but no longer crashing.

Thanks for the help

• Darkcedars

Darkcedars Void-Bound Voyager

Crashing upon sleep on 28 Fall, so do not save & pass to winter. I've tried uninstalling some mods that were new to me. Any ideas?

Full log: https://log.smapi.io/KvsuZkhS

"System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format."

• jahangmar

jahangmar Sandwich Man

This seems to be related to an incorrect npc schedule. Maybe try removing "Looking for Love" or "Chase's Custom NPC MothMan Mod".

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.