Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blouwho?

blouwho? Void-Bound Voyager

Seems to be all good, no errors from smapi :) Cheers mate!:kitten2:

• aachan13

aachan13 Void-Bound Voyager

I got this error when try to load it..

upload_2019-7-8_21-47-25.png

• pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

Strange. I checked the config.json with several JSON linters and all of them said it's perfectly valid JSON.

Can you upload the whole log? Follow the instructions here: https://log.smapi.io/

EDIT: OH MY GOD STUPID ME ... I made a grave mistake with the content.json fields.

Hold on, I'll fix that for you...

EDIT 2: I've reuploaded a fixed version to that post of mine. Can you test it @aachan13 ? Delete the old one from your Mods dir, and extract the newly attached file "[CP] AlisOvergrownFairyBuildingsRecolor v1.0.0-unofficial2.pepoluan.7z" to Mods.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
        • asmothstotheflame

asmothstotheflame Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Any way you could make this SVE compatible? Morris clips through the fence line with Karmylla's SVE changes. I love the immersion of it!

• Unacorn

Unacorn Void-Bound Voyager

Hello! I Found this post of yours and Decided to try and download it, to add to my SDV Android, which I have been able to successfully mod several times. But It seems that I try to add this, and it does not work, for the hairstyles do not change, nor does the number of hairstyles alter..I am confused as to how this works, and would like some appreciated assistance

Thank you!
            -Unacorn

• MagentaDrake

MagentaDrake Void-Bound Voyager

Hey,

I believe this is an error for the Harvey Personality Mod, but my dyslexic brain can't even figure out for sure where the error is to find it.

I can't even figure out if someone posted about it and has a fix already between page 86 and 115. (If they have please link/point me and sorry for the trouble.)

I have the two conversions from this thread (thus posting here)
              1- https://community.playstarbound.com...tent-patcher-packs.141577/page-5#post-3272993
              2- https://community.playstarbound.com...ent-patcher-packs.141577/page-84#post-3322042

And I corrected the data and dialogue "s" error as mentioned in the forum.

But I am still crashing whenever I do the plane quest. I think the spring items xnb file with the plane on it is the problem. But again, I'm not 100% sure why. I don't know if it's conflicting with my re-color mods, my CJB item spawner... or what

https://log.smapi.io/AnubU70V

PS: For Review clarity most of the "John" mods are BFAV mods made by my brother. The exception is John's Sexy Interiors which modifies interiors not Springobjects.xnb so i don't THINK it's the problem. :/

But moral of the story is the "John" mods aren't hosted anywhere so I thought I'd clarify what they were and why I don't think they're the problem... unless Harvey Personality Mod conflicts with interior re-colors and BFAV

• MagentaDrake

MagentaDrake Void-Bound Voyager

I did try using a fix found here: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5425080-harvey-personality-mod/page-4#entry55298713

This prevents the crash... but it also prevents me from being able to pick up the plane on the map. If I search "plane" in CJB Spawner it does come up... but it looks like a pearl and giving it to Harvey does not complete the Quest but rather acts like I gave him a pearl.

• asmothstotheflame

asmothstotheflame Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Any chance of a [JA] version?

blouwho? likes this.
                  • sarahplum247

sarahplum247 Orbital Explorer

Hey Guys! I'm new to modding, and I've decided to take my first shot at a custom horse mod. I am aiming to do a Doctor Who version of a good portion of the game, and I was wondering if anyone would be willing to test out my mod and give me as many tip as possible. The horse is transformed into K9, the robot dog from the show. I made it in Illustrator, and it has come out blurry no matter what I try. Any help would be greatly appreciated and credited.

Attached Files:

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

This thread is for updating old XNB mods to the Content Patcher format, this question doesn't belong here.

That said, you are using a much too large image. I suggest unpacking the vanilla horse.xnb and working from the png you get from that, as it will have the correct dimensions. If you are having difficulty, please come over to the #modding channel in the SDV Discord and ask for help :D Welcome to modding!

• k10_ftw

k10_ftw Void-Bound Voyager

Attached Files:

• Miyuwoo

Miyuwoo Orbital Explorer

• k10_ftw

k10_ftw Void-Bound Voyager

Attached Files:

Medicell likes this.
                      • Miyuwoo

Miyuwoo Orbital Explorer

Thank you so much.

• Chleiya

Chleiya Phantasmal Quasar

• Chleiya

Chleiya Phantasmal Quasar

• jessawbu

jessawbu Guest

• xbukimina

xbukimina Void-Bound Voyager

Hello!! :3
                          I've been playing Stardew for several years now but only started playing on pc/modding a few months ago. I've finally started to understand well enough to try something small and simple and thought I'd start with the bee house retextures that have been haunting me ever since I first started modding my game lol. I always just wanted to have the bee house on its own without having to commit to changing all my other craftables with an xnb mod just so I could have that one thing.
                          So due to my silly dilemma, I made an unofficial CP conversion of Catsine's super cute Victorain/vintage style bee houses from their Retextured Craftables mod.
                          https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/3297

I figured there had to be other people who would enjoy seeing these all over their farm as much as I do and still wanted to keep using their other craftables recolor/retexture mods as well. :casper:

P.S - These look especially cute & nice on farms with the Victorian buildings mod or even the witchy-gothic buildings mod!! heheh okay enjoy! :love:

~ I've reached out and requested permission from the original creator to share their work and will remove if asked to do so.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
                            minervamaga likes this.
                          • alice storm

alice storm Void-Bound Voyager

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@alice storm Here you go (it was a while ago and it's a big thread), do note that you need Kisekae for the clothing.

Thread Status:
                            Not open for further replies.