1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

It's clear to me that you're not running it from Steam. Did you buy the game from GOG, Humble Store, or Discord?

2. The Farlander

The Farlander Void-Bound Voyager

I'd like to update anyone who may be interested, I contacted the mod author about the issue, and she removed the file that was apparently causing the bug. I know it's not specific to FU, but I thought anyone else who ran into the same problem I did that it's since been remedied.

3. PathoNomadic

PathoNomadic Void-Bound Voyager

Is Kevin's plasmic crystal quest bugged? He says he wants 20 of them. I have 80 in my inventory. No completion trigger, he has no blue question mark when I go see him.

4. DracoScale

DracoScale Phantasmal Quasar

I will be editing this later, but I seem to be unable to enter that starter cave. You know, the one where the Guide stays at. I simply teleport back to my ship like I died, but I lose no pixels from that. I will test it further to check and see if it's just with the Peglaci(Rebirth) or if other species do the same thing.

Edit: Future me here, just saying that the Peglaci(Rebirth) can SOMETIMES glitch out on the starting planet. For some odd reason. So, it might just be a problem on my starting planet.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  5. mayaslash

mayaslash Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sooo, for the past two days I've been doing and redoing the staring area with the Dark Cavern, and for the life of me I cannot turn into a ball. I know it's by pressing F, but when I reach the part with the ball I never get the notification for receiving the ability like with the dodge and the jump.

6. DracoScale

I've found that by using rope and "Creative movement" IE: Crouching and walking forward one step, I can reach other parts of the challenges, sometimes bypassing and breaking the game entirely when I simply ignore some of the tech laying around. I find it quite fun and it is by no means a negative to the game. Simply advice that you can progress until the outpost without having all the techs.

7. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

If you make the quest active, you'll see you're actually asked to produce 20 oranges.

Bug, or just Kevin being his usual cosmic-level asshole? You decide.

8. PathoNomadic

PathoNomadic Void-Bound Voyager

*eyeroll* ... That's what I get for having 100 quests active at once, forget to make individual ones active. Kevin, what a dick.

9. SetArk

SetArk Void-Bound Voyager

Hail!
    Wanted to ask about the XS Mech : Modular + Weapons Plus.
    Is the Weapon Plus part compatible? I image that the Modular part won't be, as the two modify the moviment, sprint and overall how the mech works.
    But i would love to know if the weapons part, would be compatible.

Also, are Coretech and PerennialCrops compatible too?

10. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

Both specified XS mods have baked-in compatibility and rebalancing within FU. PerennialCrops will not effect FU crops without using the third-party patch for it. Core Tech appears to have some means of modifying activeitems. Might cause issues depending on how exactly it does so.

SetArk likes this.
  11. SetArk

SetArk Void-Bound Voyager

Nice!
    Another thing that i just found out.
    I'm playing a Tenebhrae, using the Fraking Races addon.
    I've noticed, that after exiting a Mech, the racial habilities are disabled until i warp somewhere.
    Would it be a problem because i'm using the XS Mechs mod or is this a known problem with FU and FRaces?

12. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

That's technically a vanilla issue from when mechs were first introduced. Someone who knows more about just how the scripting works could tell in more detail.

13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

14. glassdragon

glassdragon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The mech unlock mission appears to be broken. The mech has no fuel when it spawns, and when I pick up the fuel and the mech tablet, I can't fuel the mech because the interface says "Unauthorized user" and the fuel slot is locked. I can't finish the mech mission without fueling the mech, so this character is stuck. For the record, I'm using the Fragment of Ruin race for this character, and earlier this week I was able to do the mech mission just fine with a Vel'uuish character.

15. Mooncalf99

I've had that problem with multiple different races. just teleport back to your ship, then return to the Outpost and talk to Dr Akaggy again. On the second try, your mech will work properly. I've reported it earlier, so the issue might be backlogged or something.

glassdragon likes this.
  16. referal1228

referal1228 Void-Bound Voyager

I can`t deploy with mech when i installed your mod

Attached Files:

17. Mooncalf99

Okay, a bug with the new fossils:

I finally managed to find all the pieces of the Vampiradon, and put them on a huge display case (along with all the extra vamp bone duplicates I'd found, since they stack). It garined a red ribbon, but it didn't expel the extra bones. Also, scanning it didn't get a proper description; just a remark that it's boring to have an empty display (?).

When I then tried to pick it up, it dropped all the bones. All of them, not just the extras. If I put down the display case, it had the Vampiradon and couldn't be interacted with, but still had the same "empty display" scan message. Also, when in my inventory, the case has the same icon as an empty case and no description of the Vampiradon, just the standard one.

Anyway, I'm getting a bunch of error messages in my log, so maybe you and yours can make some sense of it. Pasted here: https://pastebin.com/x5MBCqne

18. DracoScale

I don't know much about that, not really, but it probably has to do with the fossil's own system being so separated from everything else in the game. It probably opens many doors for bugs when you work with a separated system within a game. If I had to guess it had something to do with you adding the duplicates in as well...

19. Mooncalf99

No. It happens if I just put in one of each, too. I get a complete display with no new scan description, and when I move it, all five pieces fall out. I can put them in a new display if I want, allowing me to spam vampiradon displays if I want.

Also, the non-vanilla fossils that use vanilla display cases work fine. The Stegovapti and Poptopalon, for example. The various Avikan fossils too. And the Ichtydemonae (sp?) fossil completes properly with a proper description, consumes content/expels extras, no error messages; the only bug is that it can do that with a too-small display if you're not careful.

Not the Vampiradon. The Vampiradon doesn't work correctly. The bug with the Vampiradon needs to be fixed. See the supplied log file.

20. vladvo

vladvo Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe I'm jumping the gun but there seems to be a problem with vertical ship boosters (the ones that go on horizontal blocks). For some reason I can't place them on the spot I want. Flat surface, no obstacles, no missing or hidden tiles. Currently I have to move the cursor along this surface until I find a certain spot which the game considers acceptable. Also, it sometimes allows to place the booster on the edge of surface so like half of it is hanging in the air.

Attached Files: