1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Enhanced Storage 6.0.4

A quality of life mod which improves the whole storage system of Starbound.

1. GolDenBeaR65

GolDenBeaR65 Intergalactic Tourist

i did, didnt help tho

2. Garrowind

Garrowind Void-Bound Voyager

Hiya!

I'm Posting to report a bug that i have found. i have no idea if this has been previously reported, but thats 40 pages in the discussion thread soooo.....
    Anyway, If using the Storage Matter Extractor, you can duplicate items. In order for this to happen, it must be working on "breaking down" a container and use shift click on the item in your inventory that is not a container. the additional requirement for this bug is that an open space MUST precede the containers getting worked on.

I know it might be confusing but if you need clarification just pm me.
    Best Regards

3. skoobie1

skoobie1 Intergalactic Tourist

Oh man, I might have just shot myself in the foot.

I took my locker which was 175/180 filled to the storage manipulator at outpost, but realized I didn't have enough storage matter to upgrade the storage. Stupidly, I teleported back to my ship without taking out the locker from the manipulator. When I went back, the locker wasn't there anymore. I LOST ALL 175 ITEMS!! Is there anyway to get them back???

4. McKaby

McKaby Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah, hope that the .bak files (that are backup) are from before you did that.

If not, nope.

5. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

Got a crashy issue here, presumably 1.4 related - when opening a container I get a crash-to-menu with this message. Removing the mod removes the problem but, y'know, the mod is awesome. 2019-07-02 (7).png

6. McKaby

I've got no issues, it might be related to another mod, I notice you have FU installed, can you try with that removed first (will have to spool up a new character for testing though)

7. Quinch

Quinch Cosmic Narwhal

Could be - not caused by FU, though, still crashes with a fresh character with FU removed.

8. McKaby

Aye, follow the Bethesda modding guide of pulling out/disabling mods in groups then narrow it down that way,

9. Legogod

Legogod Cosmic Narwhal

Don't need a screen-filling pic to see the issue. If you want to use Enhanced Storage, get rid of Improved Containers.

10. Ashtar084

Ashtar084 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I tested in 1.4 but the scientist of the chests was not in the outpost thus preventing to continue the quest of the history at the time of scanning the rest is normal, could fix please
    :D
    i love this mod great work

11. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

The scientist won't appear until you've completed the Erchius Mining Facility at least once. If you're using FU, this can get confusing since it gives the scanning quest without having to do the EMF.

Just complete the Erchius Mining Facility and he'll appear properly.

12. Ashtar084

Ok, thanks :D

13. businessskeleton

businessskeleton Yeah, You!

is there a way to spawn storagematter?

14. Mooncalf99

Buy the extractor from the outpost merchant. It can turn most containers into storage matter.

15. Ashtar084

hello, I'm with this problem what can it be? How could this be fixed?

[16:52:24.739] [Error] Could not apply patch from file /objects/minibiome/elder/elderscrolldesk/elderscrolldesk.object.patch in source: ..\mods\EnhancedStorage_v5.8.1.pak. Caused by: (JsonPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. (JsonPatchException) Could not apply operation to base. (TraversalException) Could not find "slotCount" to remove
    [16:52:24.824] [Error] Could not apply patch from file /objects/minibiome/elder/elderbookstand/elderbookstand.object.patch in source: ..\mods\EnhancedStorage_v5.8.1.pak. Caused by: (JsonPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. (JsonPatchException) Could not apply operation to base. (TraversalException) Could not find "slotCount" to remove

16. Mooncalf99

It's because those two objects have been turned into crafting stations instead of containers. Since they don't have the path "slotCount" anymore, it can't be altered anymore.

Until the mod gets updated, your best option would be to just unpack the mod yourself and remove those files, since they're not needed anymore anyway.

17. Ashtar084

Ok I'll try this thank you very much for your attention.

╰(*°▽°*)╯

18. NeoVanAlemania

NeoVanAlemania Space Kumquat

19. mistag

mistag Void-Bound Voyager

Love the mod, though I primarily use it for storing boxes in my inventory not to increase the object storage size.

To get the mod to do what I wanted here is a quick Python script that removes the { "op": "replace", slotCount ... } modifications from the *.patch files in the .\objects folder. To use it just copy and paste the code into a file named starbound_json_remover.py, save it in Starbound\win32, snag gnuwin32 find, pushd to the Starbound mod folder from the command prompt, unpack the EnhancedStorage mod, and run:
    Code:
    find . -name "*.patch" -exec python ..\..\..\win32\starbound_json_remover.py "{}" ;
    Cheers for the awesome mod!

Code:
    import os
    import sys

import argparse
    import json

class StarboundParser(argparse.ArgumentParser):
        def usage(self, msg):
            self.print_help()
            sys.exit(0)

def error(self, error, msg):
            self.print_help()
            print "\nError: " + msg
            #    print >>sys.stderr, globals()['__doc__']
            #    print >>sys.stderr, error      
            sys.exit(error)

text_desc = ('''
      Remove Starbound JSON elements from .patch files

To batch process numerous files using unix find run:
       find -name \"*.patch\" -exec python starbound_json_remover.py \"{}\" ;
    ''')

parser = StarboundParser(description = text_desc, formatter_class=argparse.RawTextHelpFormatter)
    parser.add_argument('srcpath', metavar = 'src-path', type=str, nargs="?", help='path to starbound *.patch file')
    parser.add_argument('keyname', metavar = 'keyname', type=str, nargs="?", help='json key to remove (default: "op" == "replace")')
    #parser.add_argument('-d', '--dest', dest='dstpath', action='store', help='path to output link structure (default: overwrites files)')
    parser.add_argument('-q', '--quiet', action='store_true', help="quiet (no output)")
    parser.add_argument('-v', '--verbose', action='count', default=0, help="increase output verbosity")
    args = parser.parse_args()

if(not args.quiet):
        print args.srcpath

if(args.srcpath):
        if(os.path.isfile(args.srcpath)):
            path_to_patch_file = os.path.normpath(args.srcpath)
        else:
            parser.error(1, "Starbound Patch Path is invalid: " + args.srcpath)
    else:
        parser.error(1, "Path to patch file is required")

obj  = json.load(open(path_to_patch_file))

# Iterate through the objects in the JSON and pop (remove)                    
    # the obj once we find it.                                                    
    for i in xrange(len(obj)):
        if obj[i]["op"] == "replace":
            obj.pop(i)
            break

# Output the updated file with pretty JSON (maybe use alternate json file? updated-file.json)
    open(path_to_patch_file, "w").write(
        json.dumps(obj, sort_keys=True, indent=4, separators=(',', ': '))
    )

20. NightmareDL

NightmareDL Subatomic Cosmonaut

It would be nice if it had an alternative version that increases the player character inventory slots (it seems width affects the image i guess so length would be better)