Modding Discussion I had a couple ideas.

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Kordharin, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Kordharin

Kordharin Big Damn Hero

So y'all know that Bone Dragon boss at the end of the Baron's Keep mission? There's an advert lore item, and I've been thinking a bit about it. Wouldn't it be cool to summon a Bone Dragon, and destroy the terrain (and enemies) around you?

Also, I'd like to see NPCs be able to wield Wands and Staffs. I tried giving a hostile NPC a staff with NPCSpawner+, but they just stood there, as if they were a statue.

2. Zaakari

Zaakari Pangalactic Porcupine

Yeah, that could be cool.
    I imagine it's not for everyone, but personally, I would like to see terrain destroying units. I imagine assaulting a Glitch castle with the bone dragon would be fun :D
    And having weaker units (enemies) that take longer to destroy different terrain types could add an interesting factor into base building.

Kordharin likes this.
  3. Kordharin

Kordharin Big Damn Hero

Now if only there was a Planet Buster mod…

4. Zaakari

You mean like a death star?
    Yes, I like where this is going. There is definitely a lack of Star Wars themed mods.

5. Kordharin

Kordharin Big Damn Hero

:3 Any variation of a Planet Buster is fine with me. Oh, and y'know those guns on your ship? What if those could actually be USED? (i.e. in interplanetary ship-to-ship combat?)

6. Zaakari

That could be cool. When I first read about the space update, and that there would be hostile and friendly ships, I thought there would be ship-to-ship combat.
    I wonder how well it would work in this game, though. I suppose the camera would need to be panned out during the battles (so one's ship doesn't take up the whole viewport). Perhaps one could have their crew assigned to different guns, and/or be able to buy automated targeting upgrades. Then, before getting into one's mech and boarding the enemy vessel, you would have to first disable their ship in space combat.

Heh, if that was in place, I suppose the next step would be to add ship-to-ground combat. Then base-building would get really interesting.

Kordharin likes this.
  7. Kordharin

Kordharin Big Damn Hero

Naval bombardments… Guess it's a good thing I either: Make my base at the cores of certain Planets, (or) just use my ship as a base.

Still figuring out the Stations. Got literally one good design on paper after screwing around for months.

8. Zaakari

I can imagine just making a peaceful farming village on some planet, not having done many quests--just taking it slow--when all of the sudden an enemy ship drops out of orbit and commences a bombardment.
    I'm impressed you have anything prepared. I imagine this stuff would take ages to accomplish--I wouldn't even know where to begin. I'm just throwing out ideas :nuruhappy:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019