1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Realistic Life 1.65 - Tweaks

Living actually matters now.

1. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

How do you farm Living Root constantly though? Do you equip a bow and try to find specific unique mobs to farm them?

2. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

Bow + the slimes on lush planets = living root
    You can still get it w/o the bow but the bow increases loot rate that's why most mobs drop raw meat if you use a hunting weapon

3. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Ah okay. I'll see what can I do about it...actually rehauling the whole recipes is one of my goal for this mod especially for items that are too cheap to craft for its usefulness. But I guess I'll do it slowly since there's like 1k+ recipes to go through lol.

4. Catherine Franz

Which ones are ye focusing on changing?

5. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Err not now currently. There's still something I've to add for hunger system in addition to the healing items. I may revise them again and see how it goes.

6. Catherine Franz

Good luck on the mod then > w>

7. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Iroaseta updated Realistic Life with a new update entry:

Hunger changes and Healing item changes

Read the rest of this update entry...

AlphaDrako likes this.
  8. AlphaDrako

AlphaDrako Scruffy Nerf-Herder

9. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

No worries. Lava has different "burn" effect calls melting instead so the fire resistance doesn't work for lava.

10. Catherine Franz

Instead of full belly, why not make another bar for like over-feed so we'll have to focus on NOT to eat too much?

11. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

That's about the same thing.

Having another bar = Can see the bar depleting until you're normal
    Having full belly buff = Can see the buff icon depleting until you're normal

12. Catherine Franz

The buff won't make it start depleting if it's full tho > w>

13. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

It's still the same thing.

Let's say I want the well fed meter to take 200 seconds to decrease, it'll be the same as the well fed status effect.

Unless you're trying to find a way to abuse the system by renewing the food buffs by eating one after another one as soon as the well fed meter drops by one unit to enable you to eat again, then I don't see any differences between two.

14. Catherine Franz

Oh em not looking for another cheese strats...The full belly buff should be like at the optimal meter and if ye feed again you'll get some overfed debuff -> attack debuff, that way they can't stack many buffs as much as they want to

15. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Oh okay I get what you meant now. So now there's like 2 stages of full and overfed like hungry and starvation?

16. Catherine Franz

17. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

That's actually a good idea. Will compliment the next planned feature very well. :3

Thanks.

18. Catherine Franz

A'ight, still gon' wait for Thirst and Fatigue system to be implemented > w>

19. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

After giving it some thoughts Thirst may be plausible to do if my hunch is right but fatigue system sounds rather difficult. If I implement fatigue system then players have to sleep, which means they must sleep on a bed...Theoretically wise the player then has to sleep in the bed for X amount of time to trigger an effect that heals your fatigue point AND time warp you for like 8 hours in-game in a split second or at least speedup the time which is, insanely difficult to do when it comes to multiplayer. I can make it to have the players sleep for a full 16 minutes in real life to reflect the 8 hours in-game but that seriously doesn't sounds exciting. So I'm afraid that fatigue system will probably be crossed out from my list. Thirst is probably doable, but it depends on my limited knowledge on .lua.

The new stage of full will probably not be done now though since I can't think of a good balance between full and overfed for the moment. I was thinking to make full to be around >90% to give a minor movement penalty while overfed to have all the negative statuses from well fed. But then when I look back at it again, it looks more like a nuisance because how it looks more like a "hey look up you're nearly full so I give you some warning now" kind of thing where you already have to control your food intake before this new full status. It is also rather unrealistic because unless you're under some sort of mental illness or stresses, usually you know when to stop eating to not be overfed. I might change the well fed status to some other name that makes more senses.

20. Catherine Franz

Maybe ye can do something like if the Fatigue is full , ye can have the "rested" buff which is like full belly that lets the bar stay that way so we can still do something for some time before getting tired...or maybe drinking energy drinks to have at least a lil boost but won't be spammed for abusing/cheesing ?