1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Improved Swim Physics! v13

Reworks Starbound's swim engine!

1. Sock_Bunny

Sock_Bunny Existential Complex

do you have a gravity augment or liquid immunity effect on your character?
    some liquids, like the mech fuel, or gases from FU, can't be swam in

2. gameboytj

gameboytj Ketchup Robot

I originally thought the mod broke, but i do have a few questions i need to ask. Does ISP work in Lava?
    I installed a mod that adds alot of colored Waters to the game one of them is lava colored water.

Sock_Bunny likes this.
  3. Sock_Bunny

The mod only affects liquids that give the 'swim' buff. The low gravity augment also prevents swimming
    If you send me the link to the mod, I can make a patch to allow those liquids to be swam in :D

4. gameboytj

gameboytj Ketchup Robot

5. Sock_Bunny

6. gameboytj

gameboytj Ketchup Robot

yeah im able to do that too, the only liquid i cant do is Lava.

7. Kennethern

Kennethern Phantasmal Quasar

Not gonna lie, this little change made my entire Starbound experience tragically and swiftly swim towards ocean and tropical planets. I don't know why it did, but every time I jump into the water my face lights up with the excitement of being "free" in the water.

Anyway, thanks a ton for this mod. There's a bug where if a physics block, such as fine sand, falls onto you underwater you'll be immobilized even after you dig out of it. Not sure what causes that and a Save/Reload fixes it, but it's the only issue I've encountered so far.

Sock_Bunny likes this.
  8. Sock_Bunny

aww, thank you so much! :D and thanks for the bug report :eek: I'll try to check it out!

9. ColossusX13

ColossusX13 Void-Bound Voyager

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  10. Sock_Bunny

It works fine with 1.4. Are you using anything that adjusts your gravity, like a gravity augment? Those won't work with the swim physics for some reason

11. NiconNirva

NiconNirva Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm having a strange bug when jump into water, I can't move and stuck, so I'm thinking that maybe some realistic mods or techs made my character stuck in the water. I'm checking them out at the moment.
    Btw, cute user picture you got there. :3

EDIT.1 - I found it, it's "Realism Bound" that made me stuck in the water.
    I'm assuming that the feature from "Realism Bound" where made player can't move in space apply to this new improved swimming mechanic.

EDIT.2 - I edited and removed a feature in "Realism Bound" where can't move in space, and now I can swim as it should be. :p

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    Sock_Bunny likes this.
  12. Sock_Bunny

awww! thank you :D
    I'm sorry I couldn't help you ;-; but you managed to fix it anyway :D

13. Sock_Bunny

14. Sock_Bunny

15. Saint Apollyon

Saint Apollyon Phantasmal Quasar

An awesome, but I have but one question/request
    Is there any way to make it so you don't dash when you press w + a/d? It's obnoxious when you wanna swim up and a bit to the left and suddenly you're rocketing across the whole body of water.

Sock_Bunny likes this.
  16. Sock_Bunny

Hi. It sounds like you're using Zerotap Dash or something similar. Either way, the air and blink dash tech would still give problems while swimming. I'm working on a fix for it right now, though. It might require you to uninstall Zerotap Dash or any other mods that change dash.lua though.

Enjoy! :D

Attached Files:

Saint Apollyon likes this.
  17. Saint Apollyon

Much thanks! I use the Freedom of Movement mod, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was causing some trouble.

Sock_Bunny likes this.
  18. Saint Apollyon

A bit late to bring it up, but I should mention that the dash patch isn't compatible with vanilla for anyone else that wants to use it, so don't try to pop on servers with it. Otherwise works like a charm though!

Sock_Bunny likes this.
  19. Poptop_

Poptop_ Space Hobo

Nice mod!

Sock_Bunny likes this.