1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Realistic Life 1.65 - Tweaks

Living actually matters now.

1. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Err, not any one of the 1 to 5 log. I just need the starbound.log file as that'll be the most current one. And that is a lot of errors from many mods.

2. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

3. AlphaDrako

AlphaDrako Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey Iroaseta! I already thought about make a mod exactly like that... I really hate the non-sense and non-immersive things on a game with so many immersive possibilities. So, I have just a few suggestions! First, I really wanted to see food with more diverse status-effects, but I guess this is a thing for another mod hahaha. Also, I think you could really, really, really increase the depletion time of the hunger bar, I said that because a entire day on Starbound passes in something like 15 minutes, I guess one living being should take at least two eat-times on that period. Also, and ending my suggestions (I don't wanna bother you e.e), I really, really love the idea of water and hydratation, I already tried make a thirst mod, but I'm too lazy and give up easly... Oh, one last thing, can you make some system that force the player to eat diverse foods? Something like 'The first steak will increase 10 points of hunger, the second will increase 8 points, the third increases 6 points' like a 20% reduction based on the tired in eat everytime the same cooked (or even raw) steaks =).

Anyways, thanks a lot for your mod, it's a great example of what the community needs =)

4. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Yeah, the recommended mod - CN more farming - I put in the Overview does that.

The better way would be using a Double Day Length mod.
    https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/double-daylength.4188/
    Or else the players (or just me lol) will get annoyed quickly by constantly eating food once in a 3 minutes or something that interrupts whatever they are doing at the moment.

I've thought of this but I'm not too sure about this yet. It sounds amazing at first but if you couple it with this mod I'm afraid that it'll become a burden instead. This have to wait before this hunger mod is mature enough so I've a better idea on how should I introduce a thirst system. I seriously doesn't want to turn Starbound into hardcore survival bound or something but to enhance the aspects to a somewhat more realistic way without punishing the players too much. No guarantee on whether if a thirst mod will be released though.

That doesn't sounds realistic (I've seen people eating McDonald for months) and that is better for a nutrition mod or something. I think Frackin Races does this to some extent.

AlphaDrako likes this.
  5. AlphaDrako

AlphaDrako Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh, I didn't knew the double day mod, it's amazing! And, I understand you wanna make Starbound more immersive and nice, but without making a crazy stressing and hard game, I share the same point =)
    I hope you find a way to put the thirst without make the game too annoying, and, yeah, you very right, people eat almost the same food, like everyday hahahaha
    Thanks for the repply, and keep doing that nice work *-* You rocks! =) (and now I sounds like an ancient man)

6. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

I think I've adapted to it already and em using sprint/dash now for mobility > w> (reset my agi stat since it does nothing except make me jump like a kangaroo to space)

7. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Mhm, I think I sort of solved the problem when you mentioned that your jump height is not changed. Please try again once I've updated the mod.

8. Catherine Franz

9. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Iroaseta updated Realistic Hunger with a new update entry:

Some changes

Read the rest of this update entry...

10. Catherine Franz

Salves can prolly be the easiest ones to craft sooo maybe bandages instead?

E: hehe from hunger to life xD

11. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Err I've no idea what did you meant by that.

12. Catherine Franz

They only need these plant fibres to craft
    upload_2019-6-28_16-3-55.png

And uhh trees/crops should be planet-based 'coz different planets have different day/night time cycle tho > w>

13. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Oh, if you meant like increasing the difficulty of making salves then I don't think that is necessary. I don't use that anymore in about mid-game because of how inefficient it is, especially when I play melee.

I'm afraid that'll be something that I can't do since that'll be too complex for me.

The game's core mechanism makes it that the planet's day and night cycle can be randomised between a min and a max value so a large size planet could have a fast day/night cycle. That'll be rather disastrous if you're to increase the gap greatly and it'll become unrealistic because if there's a giant planet that can have a 3 minutes day/night cycle I doubt that planet can remains intact. To make different trees and crops to grow on certain day/night time cycle will be difficult to do as well.
    https://www.quora.com/Does-the-size...ed-and-the-speed-as-it-circles-around-the-Sun

14. Catherine Franz

First one -> I meant like ye should give bandages instead since the salves are too easy to make > w>
    2nd one -> That's a'ight
    3rd one -> Eyyy not all can be compared to our world but the one hour before trees = time to trim a whole planet and all 'of em are still not grown up -> rip surface

15. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Did you meant the 5 Salves on the ship lol.

Well that's how realism works. Tree is supposedly to take years to grow while crops take about months. So a 2x extension of the average time of crops grow in-game to the growth of tree sounds proportionate to me.

16. Catherine Franz

Yeah the starting healing items
    This went to a hunger overhaul to a whole difficulty overhaul now > w>

17. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Eh not really. I won't touch things like combats like "broadsword nows hit 2x slower and uses energy" or "you have to sit or sleep to regenerate energy" to make you move like a snail and plan for your next 5 (literally) steps cause that won't be fun anymore. That's why I'm kind of reserved about the thirst and fatigue system. It is just that if I find something that is way too odd and need some realistic aspect then I'll see if I can do something about it.

18. Catherine Franz

Well ye overhauled the healing items already like bandages . __.
    I think nanowrap bandage should function like the 1 sec heal but maybe add more items needed for balance purposes?

19. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

It's only a minor tweak because healing yourself in 1 second sounds like some Super-saiyan thing since healing should take some time to repair your damaged cells and tissues regardless of how advanced is the healing technology. I think most other mods that alter healing items have extensive nerf, even for the basic salve.

Edit :

Now that you mentioned that it does look very technology advanced. Best I can do is 2 seconds though. I'll see what can I do about the recipe.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2019
  20. Catherine Franz

This is way too easy to farm

upload_2019-6-28_17-18-13.png

Easy to buy too

upload_2019-6-28_17-19-40.png