1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Realistic Life 1.65 - Tweaks

Living actually matters now.

1. iroaseta

iroaseta Aquatic Astronaut

Iroaseta submitted a new mod:

Realistic Hunger - Food actually matters now.

Read more about this mod...

2. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

3. yamat00

yamat00 Space Spelunker

792/5000

very good your mod, since you are creating more realistic aspects, you could put a mod of bleeding in which to stop the bleeding you have to use the bandages, mod dedicated to realistic healing is needed for greater immense survival you have created the food now lacks healing, for example when health is at 75% you will begin to bleed, and this effect does not stop until you use a bandage if you do not apply bandages your character will lose health slowly and the damages caused by falling cause fractures in the scrip you can put effect of slowing down or movement penalty until a medicine is used to treat fractures

create the mod and the scrip should not take more than 3 days if you make it simple, which could take more serious to create the icons of these states xd

4. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

The thing is I actually sucks at .lua coding. I only happened to make this mod because vanilla files already have those effects inside so I just have to mix and tweak the values here and there. Anyway that sounds like an interesting idea but that will have to wait until this one is fleshed out.

5. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Iroaseta updated Realistic Hunger with a new update entry:

Added two new Hibernation Devices

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

Heh now all we need is fatigue system > w>

E: Okay I don't do lots of cooked food so there goes my full inventory stack of roasted chicken and steak xD

Rakhox likes this.
  7. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

What does E: stands for? And yeah if you don't want to keep stacking and keep eating 30+/- basic foods then it is better to cook higher quality food.

8. Catherine Franz

E for Edit

Was surprised when I saw my hunger bar go like 20% or something when I started the game xD

9. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Ah I see. New character will always use respawn rate so it's inevitable. That kinda make sense anyway since you were like running for your life and the ship suffered critical damage, there's no way you can be uninjured.
    This also means whenever you goes into Admin mode your health and hunger will go down to 25%/26% so cheating now also brings an repercussion.

10. Catherine Franz

Oh I used my current char not a new one soo There goes all my food > w>
    Good thing I have 2 planets for farming meat (1) and crops (2)

11. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Meat? How do you farm them?

12. Catherine Franz

A place with low day night cycle spawns faster mobs I think?

13. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Ah I see. I thought it's like some meat farm or something lol. :3

14. Catherine Franz

Now that's gon' be real easy 'coz you'll just afk since everything's doing it for you @ .@

E: Not sure if it's only me or my movement speed penalty is not getting removed
    Using rpg-mod

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  15. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

It should be removed as soon as you're not having any three of the hunger statuses. Can you explain more on what happened?

16. Catherine Franz

While eating (filling up the bar) the mv speed stays the same like the vanilla movement speed even if I put some stats on "AGI" on RPG-mod (increases jump height and mv spd)

upload_2019-6-27_20-44-13.png

41 is really high since 50 is the max per stat

17. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

When you say filling up the bar did you meant like going from hungry to normal?

I'll use an example.

Before using this mod :
    Going hungry decreases your movement by 15%, being normal goes back to your 41 agility speed.
    After using this mod :
    Before getting hungry you've the 41 agility speed, once you're hungry you get the 25% movement penalty and when you eat and your hunger become normal, you only have the vanilla speed but not the 41 agility speed.

Is this what is happening to you now?

18. Catherine Franz

Like eating food until the hunger debuff's out
    and yep, that's the thing

19. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

I tried to look at the RPG mod and it looks alien to me. Can you provide a starbound.log file when you're facing that issue? Try go into the game and repeat this step :

Before getting hungry you've the 41 agility speed, once you're hungry you get the 25% movement penalty and when you eat and your hunger become normal, you only have the vanilla speed but not the 41 agility speed.

Then attach the starbound.log file here.

Edit : Wait, let me try something. But it'll still be nice if you can attach the starbound.log file for reference.

20. Catherine Franz

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019