1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Digital Captain's Other Artwork

Discussion in 'Art' started by Daikon Ocelot, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Hello again, everyone!

Okay, I will use this thread to post my other art. What I mean other art is all art not related to Starbound or any other Chucklefish games. So, it can be anything. Literally, anything.

Alright, here is the first one.

Mom
    [​IMG]
    This art was made, because my mom request it. In fact, this is the first art request I got from my drawing hobby. And that explains the title of this art (cause I have no idea what should I name it, so I name it that way.)

2. Vurrunna

Vurrunna Giant Laser Beams

Very nice! There's a nice color palette for both the figure (light blues and greys) and the forest (warm greens, and a faint yellow cast over the blue sky). Always cool to see more art around these parts.

Related to that, are you taking/looking for requests? Obviously no worries if you're too busy, but I'd have a couple ideas that'd be fun to see in your style if you need inspiration.

Daikon Ocelot and Tyle like this.
  3. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

THIS IS A MASTERIPIEcE!!! A MASTERPIECE I TELL YE!!! A MASTERPIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-

Daikon Ocelot likes this.
  4. Catherine Franz

upload_2019-6-26_17-59-53.png
    Found Handie (prolly retired) l VERY EPIC l Emotional l Gone Wrong l No clickbait l Leaked l

5. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

if u do take requests, i already hav 1 involving at least 1 of my OCs. I think they would look great in ur style

6. Daikon Ocelot

Thanks! :)
    Well... I don't say that I am open for request. But, if you really want it, I think I can try to do it (I think?), just stack it here, and give something like this:

[request]
    State your request here.
    [request]

But, there is one condition you should accept, that I can't complete the request in a short time, it can take days, weeks, and even months (hopefully not years). It completely depends on what you are requesting and the number of request I already have.

7. Nexus Of Chaos

sure lets just go ahead and throw in my request so i'm the first on what could be a list.
    images r thumbnails bc they're kinda big

I hav 3 OCs I made (1 i honestly hav yet to draw myself), named Mia, Reimi, and May.
    Aeron BG.png
    these r MC skins of them that some1 else rendered. from left to right is Reimi, Mia, and May (tho May is supposed to hav green eyes). They're all supposed to hav wings the same color as their hair, but no wings in MC so no wings in the provided pic. with Mia and Reimi i'm fine with the red shorts if u wanna do that, but they also like to wear skirts the same color as their hair as well. May always wears black pants. if u want some backstory on these characters i can give it, tho i don't think its gonna b needed for the drawing
    if u can only do 1, I want u to do Mia, and yes my current profile pic is Mia and might b replaced by whatever u make here if its good

also, if u want to, think u can make this guy? Not exactly expecting it bc u already hav the 3 above, but it would b nice to actually hav a drawing of him rather than a modded build
    2018-12-24_14.43.59.png

for all of these idc what u do for the background bc i'm probably gonna crop it out anyways

8. Daikon Ocelot

Hmm... alright. I think these are a pretty moderate request (cause I think it needs extra effort and another brain-storming, cause the sample is in pixel). But still, I'll see what I can do.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  9. Nexus Of Chaos

if u need a reference, my pfp is Mia (not drawn by me) and Reimi is basically a palette swap mirror of Mia. as for may tho i don't hav a reference yet

10. Daikon Ocelot

Great, thanks! I think that will help me in making the sketch.

11. Daikon Ocelot

*Scream inside*

Family (Formal)
    [​IMG]
    *Inhale and exhale deeply*

Okay... this is another art... requested by my mother. It's quite tiring (well, actually a lot), but I enjoy most of time making this. (Sometimes I wonder why my mom ask me a lot to draw?)

Anyway, I am sorry I haven't been able to do the community request sooner (because as I have mentioned, my mom ask a lot). There will be one more after this (and that is from my mother again). I just need to rest a bit before doing that last one. After that, I think I'll be able to do the community request.

Okay, bye! See you soon!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  12. Catherine Franz

Can't wait for your family version > w>

A M A S T E R P I E C E!!!!! A MASTERPIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-
    REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

13. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

Dude this is really good! You've done a fantastic job with inkscape, the work you did on the clothes is especially outstanding, good job!

14. Daikon Ocelot

Here is the "one more" I said before.

Black Skirt Tetra
    [​IMG]
    I have nothing much to say about this one, but it is just a fish usually kept as a pet in your aquarium. But, just in case if you want to know more, here is the link, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_tetra.

Okay, now I need to look after that request posted here before.
    Thanks! I can't do this without your help from the beginning. I think you've proven yourself as a good teacher, Tyle! :up:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
    Catherine Franz and Tyle like this.
  15. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

I feel like you've already surpassed me in some aspects, dude, there's a bright future ahead of you.

16. Catherine Franz

"And this is the day that they bid farewell on their master to start their journey..."

17. Daikon Ocelot

Alright, now I am going to do your request. But before that I have several questions.
    • The eyes, you mention the color of the eyes before, so I wonder what kind of eyes you want. Do you want it to be the eyes like the Adventure Time-like eyes I usually drew, or the other?
    • The outfit, your current profile pic is using a tank top, or a sleeveless shirt, while the picture you gave me before is using a T-shirt, so which one you want me to draw for the character?
    • The hair, I believe Mia and Reimi have already been sort out, but as for May, what kind of hair style you want me to draw for her?
    • The wing, you want me to draw wing in your characters, right? So, what kind of wing it is?
    As for the last character, I think I am going to ask it later, once I start making the sketch.

18. Nexus Of Chaos

eyes: whatever u think looks good, tho pls make them the same eyes for all 3 other than the color
    outfit: I want a t-shirt for all 3, short skirts for mia and reimi the same color as their hair, and black pants for may
    hair: May's hair is long like the other 2, but is parted down the middle and not covering either eye
    wings: all 3 should have angel-like wings the same color as their hair.

exact colors intended, i'll b fine if u experiment with different shades:
    Mia's hair, wings, skirt, Reimi's shirt and eyes: ff00ff
    Mia's shirt and eyes, Reimi's hair, wings, and skirt: 00ffff
    May's shirt, hair, and wings: ffff00
    May's eyes: 00b500
    Everyone's shoes, may's pants: 222222

19. Daikon Ocelot

Family (Casual)
    [​IMG]
    My mom wants it to be more colorful and casual. So here it is. Hope she like it!

20. Catherine Franz

ANOTHER MASTERPIEEEEEEEEEE-