Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KariChan97

KariChan97 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

blouwho? likes this.
  2. Elveira

Elveira Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you so much! Your mod works with the furniture and walls_and_floors png files. However, I have a problem when I try to take the png file for the pink bed and brown kitchen from the Classy New Interior mod and rename it to replace the farmhouse_tiles. It shows up as the default farmhouse_tiles in game. What should I do?

• TiffanyJ

TiffanyJ Poptop Tamer

• pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

I happened upon this awesome-looking mod in this forum: Mythological Creatures: Horses

Unfortunately, it's an XNB mod.

So I took the liberty of converting the mod into a CP mod, attached.

config.json (default is bold):
      • "Creature" : one of "dragon, pegasus, disabled" (the last one will cause the mod to be disabled)
      • "DragonVariant" : one of "black, blue, red, white", only relevant if you set "Creature" to "dragon"
      • "PegasusVariant": one of "black, hercules, original, white", only relevant if you set "Creature" to "pegasus"
      • "Saddle": one of "yes, no"
      Changes from original:
      • Remove the "Original + Wings" variant because for the life of me I can't see the difference between that and "Original". Also it does not have a NoSaddle variant.
      • Run all PNGs through TinyPNG to reduce size of mod -- average of 88% size reduction!!
      Known Bugs:
      • The original's "Dragon - Red" and "Dragon - Red - NoSaddle" looks exactly the same, but keeping both to simplify content.json

Note to the original creator: @Aternova , if you want me to take down this conversion, please PM me. Also, if you want to claim this conversion as yours, feel free.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
        blouwho? likes this.
      • pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

Attached below.

Note that in accordance with the Mod's creator's intention, I've made the "saturated" version as the default. You'll have to run the game once, exit, and modify config.json to use the desaturated variant.

I have not tested this mod, so please inform me of any quirks/glitches (which may happen because I've reduced the PNG file size by ~80% using TinyPNG).

Note for mod's creator: Please PM me if you want me to take down this conversion. Also, feel free to claim this conversion as yours.

Edit 1: Whoops, it seems I've attached an empty file. Hold on, I'll try to find out where the actual file is.

Edit 2: Attached a proper file now. I hope.

Edit 3: Apparently I messed up while creating the content.json file. Fixed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
          Medicell, blouwho? and TiffanyJ like this.
        • xbukimina

xbukimina Void-Bound Voyager

Hello! Would anyone out there be kind enough to convert this super dead but cute Marnie romance mod for me?? I normally wouldn't ask but I've scoured the internet looking for a version of this silly mod that actually works but they've either been deleted or are too old to use and I don't know what else to do lol. I don't know very much about converting xnb mods to content patcher so I appreciate anyone whose willing to take the time. I'd be happy to help test it out or anything like that, if it would make things easier.

https://stardew-valley.org/marnie-romance-mod/

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
            vadie likes this.
          • ladywolfram21

ladywolfram21 Void-Bound Voyager

Does anyone know if there is an open source no clip mod? BJS has one, but it's not open source

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

Passable Objects is open source. (This kind of question is probably better asked in another topic though)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
                minervamaga likes this.
              • blouwho?

blouwho? Void-Bound Voyager

• vadie

vadie Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Here's a quick CP conversion of the Romance Marnie mod~! Let it be known, I haven't tested it, as I just got back from vacation, but let me know if something isn't working right. I'll do my best to troubleshoot and figure out what's wrong, but I can't promise it'll work 100% since it is an old mod. Though I do hope this works for you!

Attached Files:

xbukimina likes this.
                • xbukimina

omg what that was so fast?! I honestly didn't think anyone would do this, let alone this quickly wow <3 Thank you so much, I can't wait to play with it and see what all happens! I'll definitely let you know if anything strange happens, there's no telling since this mod has been around for a while lol. I've been wanting to play with this so bad and couldn't believe no one had updated/converted it since I know people love Marnie! You're awesome and made my week :) Your work does not go unappreciated!!

vadie likes this.
                  • xbukimina

I just finished testing out the 3 heart event with no errors so far, I removed all of my mods except for a couple for convenience but as I was going to bed to save my game, it crashed. Any idea what this could mean?

https://log.smapi.io/9ntqVDv6

edit* I also cannot get the first part of the 6 heart event to trigger no matter how I've tried to get it to start

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
                    • vadie

Hmm...I'm going to be honest, I have no clue what's going on with that error. The mod doesn't touch the farmer data and that's what the error looks to be referencing. I'd say ask in the SDV discord for more real-time troubleshooting (I'm also there in the modding thread, to help!) it can be found here: https://discord.gg/QNQn5B

And as to the 6th heart event, it looks like you need to have 5 hearts with both Lewis and Jodi for it to trigger. I don't know if you have that and it still hasn't triggered, but let me know!

• xbukimina

Oh okay interesting! The guide I had said 3 hearts with Lewis and Jodi so I tried again at 5 hearts and still wasn't able to get it to trigger. Is there any other specifics like what time and where at? I've been entering town between 2:00pm-6:00pm and still can't get it!

• vadie

I looked closer at the event, and for some reason it was referencing the Willy fishing rod event as having to be seen along with Marnie's 4 heart event. So I changed the event to now reference the Lewis/Marnie event you see at night when they're both at 6 hearts. I'm not sure if that was what was causing the event to not trigger for you, as the rest of the event seems just fine, but here's that edited version.

Attached Files:

Medicell likes this.
                          • Dede_Bug

Dede_Bug Void-Bound Voyager

Here's a CP version of Gothish Hat Recolors by GoddessOfThieves, I made it for personal use and wanted to share it with the community. If you like it please be sure to go to the link below and let the author know.
                            https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/194

Attached Files:

Medicell likes this.
                            • pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

Please try the attached file, and tell me of any quirks/glitches.

-----

Edit: File has been removed due to problem with Portrait sizes; please use the later version here.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
                                blouwho? likes this.
                              • blouwho?

blouwho? Void-Bound Voyager

[Content Patcher] Can't apply image patch "Amahra Dracul's Portraits and Character Sprites > EditImage Portraits/Harvey #3": target area (X:0, Y:0, Width:129, Height:384) extends past the right edge of the image (Width:128), which isn't allowed. Patches can only extend the tilesheet downwards.
                                [Content Patcher] Can't apply image patch "Amahra Dracul's Portraits and Character Sprites > EditImage Portraits/Maru": target area (X:0, Y:0, Width:129, Height:320) extends past the right edge of the image (Width:128), which isn't allowed. Patches can only extend the tilesheet downwards.
                                Mostly it is working, just some weirdness with Harvey and Maru sizing, which I have no idea how to resize.
                                Thank you! So cool :)

• pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

Aaah, okay. So the provided PNG files in the ZIP from Nexus is slightly wider that what they should be.

I'll do another check and upload a fix.

-----

Edit1: @blouwho? please try the attached version. I've cropped the portraits for Harvey and Maru to the required size.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
                                    Medicell and blouwho? like this.
                                  • jessawbu

jessawbu Guest

Thread Status:
                                  Not open for further replies.