1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinRaces 5.3

Enables racial abilities for all Vanilla races, and many modded ones too!

1. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

3. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

4. H4Dragons

H4Dragons Void-Bound Voyager

i have a bug where the droden aren't immune to breathing or radiation whats happening?

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Breathing should be fine, and they aren't immune to Radiation. They get 40% resistance. If it isn't the case, I have no idea. They haven't been touched and you are the only person reporting the issue. I'd need a log, at the very least.

nightlol543 likes this.
  6. Malfar

Malfar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Pretty sure it's not a bug, but damn was I baffled when I beamed to a planet (it was Unknown type, the land version of strange sea) - and it was apparently daytime, but the landscape was dark, like shaded (although the background showed daylight and blossoming trees). A bit of climbing made me realise that I actually somehow managed to beam down far underground (the planet was really huge, that may be the case). And there was a vertical wall to the right, so I could not go any further without digging. It took a pretty long trip vertically up in my Roc (there was a huge empty space over my head) to actually get to the surface (and some digging, too, because there was a "ceiling" level consisting of a regular caves), and the background switched from cave to daylight with trees several times. I'm so bookmarking that planet!
    Version 5.6.32
    Not complaining, just...discussing.
    You are awesome.
    But if I played in an honest manner there would probably be no way to reach the surface in less than an hour real-time.

7. H4Dragons

Okay i re-downloaded the mod and it seems to be working great now.
    anyways is there a config file where I can make the droden immune to radiation? I cannot seem to find a tutorial anything.

8. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

They arent intended to be immune to radiation. They get 40% resistance, which makes them immune to the effects of anything but tier 3 radiation. This can easily be increased by simply wearing armor with additional resistance. The most you will ever need is 20%, as a Droden. Don't be a wimp :)

9. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

likely a Unknown biome, from the sounds of it. This is actually intended behavior. You found a Lost World style planet :)

10. H4Dragons

Right, Thanks for the help :up:

11. ProjectXenome

ProjectXenome Aquatic Astronaut

Hey. I know this is not a mod that puts races into your game. But I've been wondering where I can find the Webber race mod. I've been looking everywhere for it and apparently there has been changes Frakin Races made to it but can't find it anywhere. If anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it. Hope the forums are still used.

12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

It appears to no longer be publically available.

13. ProjectXenome

ProjectXenome Aquatic Astronaut

Any idea on who the creator is? There might be a chance I can attempt to speak with him. I hope at least.

14. Dragxon

Dragxon Void-Bound Voyager

I don't see the point of this mod when i have to replace it with the sphere anyway and lore says the tech is biomods so why does an avali need a biomod to glide and slowfall when it already has the necessary feathers, doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a racial ability if the person has to modify their body to get the boost
    Like i could understand if the slowfall and glide abilities drain your stamina, but it is using the head tech button and that doesn't make a lot of sense. Honestly I think it would be better if it was always on cause nobody is going to fall to their death cause their arms are tired of catching the wind

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Balance. That's why. Flight and glide are OP. The tech is a balance so that you need to plan its use, not play on easy mode.

16. Dragxon

Yeah, like i said i can understand it being stamina based but, it still uses the head tech slot, which A is cybernetics in lore, and B uses the f key so you have to replace it as soon as you get the spike sphere. Im sure there's a key that starbound doesn't use but i don't know how hard it would be to code that

17. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

it is staying as it is. It was designed this way for a reason. Sometimes lore and gameplay need to be separated. This is the same reason why Avali don't die horribly on any non-ammonia based world without special protection installed. The tech is assigned to the slot so that it can be activated in the fashion that was needed.

Basically: deal with it , because this is how it will remain :)

18. Dragxon

Actually according to the lore all avali have cybernetics that allow them to live on other worlds. It's just not "tech" type (active) cybernetics (if you play an avali and investigate certain things in the prologue your character will mention) (i just realized you are the mod author i was gonna say that i will deal with it if the author says they won't change anything, but you've made your deciscion clear and i will respect that but it still sucks that i can't use half the mod three hours into the game

19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

I dont care about their lore. I care about gameplay balance. You are able to use all of the mod without issue, so I have no idea what your gripe is other than trying to force the lore and gameplay to match up.

Avali used to have perma-flight. It was far, far too powerful. It required nerfing. This is the result.

The only legit reason to complain would be that you want something else in that slot: which is why FU has a Tech Tablet...so you can swap techs from anywhere, at any time.

I'm not going to argue the point any further. Every 3 weeks an avali fanboi pulls this crap. It's annoying.