A Special Little Concept

Discussion in 'Writing' started by LuigitheMan20, Jun 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. LuigitheMan20

LuigitheMan20 Starship Captain

I literally have no idea where to throw this as this isn't a fan fiction, short story, nothing like that, but a concept. A concept I came across on the Starbound Steam discussion tab. Hopefully the admins know where to throw this, cause I don't have any idea.

One of the discussions was called "Stop Racism in Starbound" and it was apparently directed at some users who aren't too fond of Florans; however, the way it was worded got me thinking:

This Floran is sorry for burning down villages and this one even has a Hylotl friend!

The concept? A Floran guilt tripped into learning history, "white male guilt" in the Floran sense. A Floran destroyed at what other Floran before her has done that she tries in vein to be any race other than her own.

If anyone who stumbles across this like to expand on this, you're more than welcome to! I can't say I'm in love with this concept, but it's interesting to say the least.

2. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

Some Greenfingers left their home 'coz of their primal/base instinct to kill and raze anything...

LuigitheMan20 likes this.
  3. LuigitheMan20

I never knew that... huh!

4. Catherine Franz

Time to read some codex = w=

5. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Wait, I haven't got the idea. Correct me if I am wrong. So here, we talk about Floran who bound to the stars? Floran who leave their traditions, because they realize that the universe is not only about hunting and eating?

6. Catherine Franz

Lemme search for the codex

E:

Cover:
    upload_2019-6-21_15-40-33.png

Page 1:
    upload_2019-6-21_15-39-44.png

Page 2
    upload_2019-6-21_15-39-55.png

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  7. Catherine Franz

This shouldn't be an avian...This is a floran...

upload_2019-6-21_16-29-2.png

8. Daikon Ocelot

9. Catherine Franz

The 6 part codex I think? (6 books with part 1 etc etc)

10. Daikon Ocelot

Yes, the one you usually found in that small penguin spaceship.

11. Catherine Franz

These are the codex you're talkin about right?
    upload_2019-6-21_20-35-30.png

12. Daikon Ocelot

Yes. That's the one.

13. Catherine Franz

I've forgotten some of them _ _ll

14. Daikon Ocelot

Oh, no big deal. I am just curious of it.

15. LuigitheMan20

Now this is interesting! I just thought of the concept since I haven't seen this codex before. After it...

Well I wouldn't say there isn't a way to make the concept more dark, but this is interesting to say the least.

16. Catherine Franz

"Somewhere in starbound"
    A family of florans are enjoying their meat...assorted ones too, from human to apex
    Floran 1: I brought sssssome chicken!!!
    Avian: MMMPH!! MMMMPH!! * with tears rolling in their eyes*
    Floran 2: Chicken isss hard to cook becaussse of featherssss
    Floran 3: Let me do the ssskinning...

- you guys continue

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  17. Daikon Ocelot

Oh, that's really dark, alright. If you play FU you will found more darker Floran concept. It really really makes me feel uncomfortable and kinda against it.

But, I personally, find that Floran are quite cute and funny. I have that idea from a codex called "Maku's Journal." Its beginning is quite dark, about a Floran who wants to feast on an Avian. But the ending are quite funny and not dark at all. Their accent is what makes them funny, I think.

If you ask me to live with a Floran, I wouldn't mind it at all. Even most people think that he/she will eat me on my sleep. Cause I have a concept that Floran are clueless and innocent. They just need somekind of enlightenment and guidance. If I have a chance to teach them, I will gladly take that chance. Cause I think it's just like teaching a child, but just need to watch my hand and legs, and my buns too.

18. Catherine Franz

They're like those from alien movies that humans think they're evil but they're only doing what they must do to survive...they don't think like us, they just act on primal instinct to survive they see us as food not uhh their kind so it's kinda funny if they say they are evil = w=

19. LuigitheMan20

*Before their feast can begin, the bamboo door gets busted open and a black man in a weird jumpsuit - let's call him Marcus - runs in wielding a weird gun as a little tune sounding like "Here comes the Crimson Chin" is heard. Before any confrontation, Marcus unloads on two of the Florans just before releasing the Avian, who is thankful for the rescue. Before the other could say anything, she finds his hand around her neck.*

Marcus: I'm gonna have to teach you a lesson in kindness.

*with that, the two are transported at light speed to a cell made from heavy bricks horrendously decorated to house a Floran. There, he throws the Floran on a mattress before walking out and locking the cell door*

Marcus: I'll be back tomorrow morning to teach you some manners. Don't bother trying to escape; both the door and lock are stronger than you.

*With malice emitting from his eyes, he walks away*
    ======================================================================
    I just picked them since their racial bio reminded me a lot of a character I made in Skyrim: an Argonian butcher by the name of Emo-Liz. As I learned more about them... well, that's on a different post. I'll just say I love them a lot more than when I first made Tarula.

20. Catherine Franz

They're exceptional for slavery...are they good at capturing slaves? No, they're good at BEING slaves > w>