1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Bug with peacekeepers quest

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by DragonT, Jun 16, 2019.

Tags:
  1. DragonT

DragonT Space Hobo

I have peacekeepers quest to catch captain Ignoble. At his shelter i scanned everything, read his mail, and checked his computer. Nothing happens after that 20190616183713_1.jpg . I tried to fly wherever the computer points. And there was nothing. Has anyone come across this? I created several characters, but i have same bounty
    20190616183218_1.jpg
    20190616183413_1.jpg . Checked the cache, reinstalled the game. Here you can see my modlist: 20190616183747_1.jpg . Sorry for the errors, I used google translate.
    Edit: I forgot about log: https://docs.google.com/document/d/...nL6tLo4XqRRfm8G81VEFhkLUobsz99_RgR4QdbKVx/pub

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  2. Krovos

Krovos Big Damn Hero

Theres Another Problem only by Big Fishes Rewards many time i got the message : i Didnt know about Any Crimes i got all scanned and everything but the people said Floran is only a Floran .... whats wrong with that?^^

only i Abort the quest he becomes handcuffs but the mission are failed.

3. JohnSmith564

JohnSmith564 Space Hobo

have you found a solution to the problem?

4. DragonT

DragonT Space Hobo

nope, still doesn't work:(

5. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

The ones that feign ignorance are broken...try abandoning the quest and they'll move to their defeat stance...making you finally able to send them to prison...although you'll miss the rewards since you abandoned the quest :v

6. DragonT

DragonT Space Hobo

Catherine, bad guys just doesn't spawning, when I entering his shelter it is empty... You can see that at picture. Also, in space stations aren't spawning any pirates, only flying in space enemies

7. Catherine Franz

Oh, never had that problem to me...but some vanilla quests are like that too...like "Protect *name* from *insert random enemy type* in the *insert RNG place to spawn* " type of quests...

8. DragonT

DragonT Space Hobo

I'll try to delete character and Universe. May be it can help

9. Catherine Franz

a fresh reinstall can't hurt would it? (saves don't die in vanilla if your save is uhh..vanilla)

10. DragonT

DragonT Space Hobo

I reinstall the game 2 times, doesn't help:(, one sec, I'll try my method

11. Catherine Franz

Good luck > w>

12. Catherine Franz

Outlaws are immortals confirmed
    upload_2019-6-22_18-54-55.png

13. DragonT

DragonT Space Hobo

Yeah boiiiii, that works!!!!! To fix this problem, you need to go starbound/storage and delete all files at Universe and player. Then create new player and everything works!!!

14. Catherine Franz

Sooo no more broken quests?

15. DragonT

DragonT Space Hobo

16. Catherine Franz

That's great then > w>

17. Gorehound

Gorehound Space Spelunker

I am also having this particularly game breaking problem, and worst of all is that it is occurring with one of the gang leaders, making it so that the required boss mob does not spawn in their dedicated dungeon, and preventing me dead stop from moving forward in the quest lines for the peacekeepers.

However, is there any other way for this bug to be fixed without wiping all my characters and the 2 years worth of play I've put into this game? Because I think that making it so that the player(s) are required too fix an issue that is caused on the dev's end, by forcing them to throw away hundreds of hours worth of time and progress across multiple characters, is not an acceptable solution in anyway.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  18. Catherine Franz

Is it still not fixed for ye in this 1.4.2 update?

19. Gorehound

Gorehound Space Spelunker

Sadly, no it has not, and it was like this in patch 1.4, 1.4.1, and now 1.4.2 as well. The mob spawning for these target npc's is still broken, the biggest tell for me is that there is no quest pointer when a target npc fails to spawn, as it means that the dependent entity does not exist, making the quest objective uncomplete-able. I have tried abandoning the quest, reacquiring it, leaving the dungeon and re-entering it, typing the /reload command both outside and inside the dungeon + with/without the quest + even in the peacekeepers headquarters, and even going so far as to opening debug mode, yet nothing fixes the bug... that at this point I have to label as; "game breaking". If there is any sort of auto-complete command or command that grants the victory conditions for side quests, or a means of fixing the problem without wiping my entire starbound file, I would very much appreciate the help. The quest itself is for the level 2 gang boss "Radical Cuan"... or what ever the name of the "Danger Horse Society" gang leader is. (this is the 2nd level of peace keeper station, the one for the temperate tier stars). Alternatively if I can find out what the quest ID for moving up into the radioactive tier stars peacekeeper station is, so I can use the admin command to grant myself the quest, might possibly work as well, but idk.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
  20. Catherine Franz

1.4.3's out soo is it still not working?