Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CherryOtaku

CherryOtaku Yeah, You!

1: I probably should have done that, but I wasn't thinking clearly & I rarely update anything unless it being out of date causes issues. I'll be sure to do that.
    Edit: Some of these that claim to have an update say their last update came before I downloaded it, just mentioning.
    2: Idk man. I've been tired as of late so i can't think properly, I probably should have done that instead of going here. I just thought in my tired state "since smapi is telling me to report errors here, i should probably do that." Sorry for wasting time.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    • 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah, some mods lie about updates. Always best to check, though
      Not a big deal, we're all willing to help out. Just not much we can do about an error that ALL is causing besides say "go tell Ento about it". Again, that's assuming none of the "updates" are secretly causing the issue

Also, noticed that JSON Assets is reporting a duplicate item/object. Be careful of that mod, as JSON Assets tends to crash the game due to duplicates. Doesn't seem to be happening here, but might want to remove the mod causing that

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

@CherryOtaku : In addition to updating your mods, you should just disable ALL since you don't appear to have any content packs which need it. Early versions of SVE required it, but that is no longer the case. The crash itself is from ALL getting overzealous about seasonal tilesheets and not understanding the way Content Patcher loads things as necessary.

• CherryOtaku

CherryOtaku Yeah, You!

1. Yeah, i'm looking through the mods that want to update again to see if any of them require ALL, so I can disable the ones that are necessary, though so far none of them say they need ALL(though i recognize that some of them could be one of the causes of the crash, like Summit Reborn).

2. Eh, it's probably a simple thing for me to just fix, both mods have an item called Napa Cabbage that I might be able to just remove for personal play, if not I can just toss one of the two mods to the side for now.

I probably should just disable it for now. I had a bunch of mods in the past that I knew required it but it seems like they don't need it anymore. I just booted my game back up with ALL off, and only one mod seems to be having issues with ALL being off, that mod being Better Woods. The log says it can't function without it, despite its Nexus page saying ALL is not a requirement. I'm probably going to have more mods screaming at me in the SMAPI log once I try to play the game, so i'll have to wait and see.

• Teekun

Teekun Void-Bound Voyager

Hey there,
            I installed SMAPI yesterday and I play it with my friend but when we want to begin Somertime it keeps crashing. We also don't get any crash reports. The only thing that comes is this: http://prntscr.com/o4f2lm
            When I start SMAPI again we were still at 28th Spring but after we go to sleep and the somer starts it crashed again
            Please help

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@Teekun Go to https://log.smapi.io/, follow the instructions on the page and bring the link from the log parse back here. That little picture doesn't tell anyone anything other than your game crashed, a log will tell folks much more - probably what made your game crash.

pepoluan likes this.
              • miniebunny

miniebunny Space Spelunker

Got this error. (actually, quite a while ago, but finally doing something about it now)

[SMAPI] SMAPI 2.10.1 with Stardew Valley 1.3.36 on Microsoft Windows 10 Home
                [SMAPI] Mods go here: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods
                [SMAPI] The game crashed last time you played. That can be due to bugs in the game, but if it happens repeatedly you can ask for help here: https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/108375/.
                [SMAPI] If you ask for help, make sure to share your SMAPI log: https://log.smapi.io.
                [SMAPI] Press any key to delete the crash data and continue playing.

Here is my SMAPI LOG: https://log.smapi.io/dgE3ByqX

Halp??

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@miniebunny For starters, update Smapi and see if that helps.

• Nebroxah

Nebroxah Fat Man

Hello, I've been having some trouble with Stardew Valley Expanded recently. I just got done with my first spring season, and when it tries to load to summer for the first time, it crashes. I'm not a modder myself, but apparently there's a map called Dusty, and it's missing a file for the summer version? I looked through all the mods that I downloaded, but none of them contain the exact file the game seems to be looking for. Here's my error log, I'll be very grateful for any help!

https://log.smapi.io/0kZKfsK1

(Edit: Hey there! Thanks to anybody looking at this, but I got this issue resolved on my own by downloading some new versions of mods that updated recently.)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
                    • miniebunny

miniebunny Space Spelunker

• Claranon

Claranon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm getting a crash on one specific save file when I try to load it. This happens even when I take all my mods out (only using SkipIntro to test). Any help would be appreciated!

Log here: https://log.smapi.io/GfBSs8uY

• pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

I suggest trying to verify game files again, just in case there's a game file that somehow got corrupted/replaced.

• pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

For SMAPI Modders, a question:

Is it safe to target .Net Framework 4.5.2, or must I target just 4.5 ?

Edit: To add more context, the mod works on my laptop, running Windows 10 + .Net Framework 4.5.2 SDK. However, will it still work on non-Windows devices?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
                          • Claranon

No dice, still getting the exact same crash. The save file worked fine when I last tried it about a week ago. I've added a couple mods since then but I have no idea what could have affected it, especially since it still doesn't work when all mods are removed.

• jahangmar

jahangmar Sandwich Man

In your log it says:
                              Code:
                              08:08:26     TRACE     game     DebugOutput: The process cannot access the file
                              'C:\Users\Clara\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Saves\Fiona_184442515\Fiona_184442515'
                              because it is being used by another process. 
                              I do not know what would cause this but you could try to restart the computer or check if the save file is opened by another program. Maybe another instance of Stardew Valley is running.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@pepoluan It's safe to target .NET Framework 4.5.2.

• Claranon

Restarting seems to have fixed it! It's utterly bizarre, though--I had no other programs open and definitely no instances of Stardew, which I checked for carefully in Task Manager. Oh well, thanks for your help!

• pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

I'm assuming you use Steam?

If so, it might be Steam's CloudSave choking on that file for unknown reasons, causing it to never release the file.

Ah, but that's water under the bridge. Glad the problem is now fixed :)

• fandy

fandy Space Hobo

Hi guys, i seem to get an intermittent crash between me and my wife pc.

I suspected it was the custom furniture mods along the related files and mods ( i have 2 ) for it because it started crashing after i installed the mod but i cant seem to understand what is going on and how to fix it.

It first occured to me as host when i try to enter my wife's house with the new furniture and decorations and then it happen to my wife's on the day after (after she sleeps) and after she logs back into the game all the furniture that she put last night becomes a chair.

Could anyone tell me what to do in order to fix the crash ? I have linked my SMAPI log and my Wife's here in this post.

My smapi log
                                      ~ https://log.smapi.io/3RwuX3ue
                                      Wife smapi log
                                      ~ https://log.smapi.io/p2yrnpPt

Many Thanks !

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
                                      • 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Multiple things going on here:

1: From the sounds of things, you're playing multiplayer. If so, your mod list has to be exactly the same between players. Currently it isnt
                                        2: Have you tried updating all the mods that are listed as needing updates, including PYtK?
                                        3: If none of the above fixes the problem, remove PYtK and all dependent mods. PYtK has issues with multiplayer, and removing it fixes most issues

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
                                        Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.