Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crimzzzz

Crimzzzz Space Hobo

its fiiixxzed thanksss

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@serenamb Update Smapi and then the other couple you have out of date, not that many really. When ever you haven't played in a bit it's a good idea to update Smapi before you start again.

• maria3301

maria3301 Space Hobo

I'm on linux, (Ubuntu) what happens if i use wine to run the windows installer? Just curious

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@pepoluan I'm not sure why the BFAV author didn't use content packs instead. SMAPI supports them out of the box (so it'd just be a few lines in the BFAV code), and modders can have two content pack subfolders in their mod folder and SMAPI will load both. The main issue with one content pack targeting multiple mods is that each mod defines what the content pack contains beyond the basic manifest.json, so they'd need to coordinate their content pack structures (e.g. no mod could use a content.json file except Content Patcher). It's generally more robust to just have a separate subfolder for each content pack instead.

@Ajajane Does it happen with only PyTK installed? If so, I suggest reporting it on the PyTK page with a link to your SMAPI log.

@serenamb Make sure you download the latest version of SMAPI and run the new installer. You shouldn't move any of the files into your game folder manually. See the SMAPI install guide for more info.

@maria3301 That depends how Wine changes the environment. If the installer detects you're running Linux, it'll show an error saying to use the Linux installer instead. If Wine tricks the installer into thinking you have Windows, it'll install the Windows version of SMAPI which will crash with confusing errors. (SMAPI is compiled differently on Linux/Mac and Windows to account for platform differences between them, like different frameworks.)

pepoluan likes this.
          • arcanites

arcanites Void-Bound Voyager

hello! a friend and i are trying to play stardew multiplayer, but things have gone Very Wrong
            https://log.smapi.io/x2rmVueu
            i know that content patcher wasn't installed for the two content packs, we thought it might have been the problem but it wasn't :/ any help would be appreciated!

edit: thought i should mention, only my game is crashing upon entry to the town, my friend's is fine

edit2: i was very tired and frustrated when i wrote this, so the problem is that i can't enter the town at all, from any entrance?? i can go into any other area, it's just the town that's causing the problem :( friend is hosting, i'm a farmhand. we had the exact same mods installed, tried uninstalling everything and just running smapi, error still persisted, validated the game files just to make sure there were no xnb mods littered about, error still persisted D:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
            • pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

Aaah, gotcha! Thanks for the explanation :up:

• pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

Kisekae is known to potentially cause problems during multiplayer. Have you followed the instructions on Kisekae's release page?

• arcanites

i think so??? i made sure we had the same appearance overrides...if that means farmer appearance mods??? could having a different dresser image have caused it to freak out? i'm almost positive we took everything out including kisekae and the error kept happening, this is just my most recent error log :'( i don't get why that would have caused a crash w the town tho, wouldn't it have borked when the game loaded? we tested the backwoods and the forest and i could enter those just fine

• Dank-Frank

Dank-Frank Orbital Explorer

Hi, I'm just playing single player with Stardew Valley Expanded and all it's necessary mods + UI Info Suite but the game crashes every time I sleep.

Here's the crash dump.
                    https://log.smapi.io/uFz55gm4

Thanks.

• Dank-Frank

Dank-Frank Orbital Explorer

Nevermind, I've done more research and found out it's an issue in Karmylla's Immersive Maps and it's being looked at now, so no need to help, it should be solved soon.

• Jujuwah

Jujuwah Void-Bound Voyager

was gonna post about the same issue, i'll delete KIM for now then till they fix it. thank you

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@arcanites Does it still happen if both players reset their content files? If so, can you...
                          1. remove all mods for both players (but keep SMAPI itself);
                          2. cause the error;
                          3. post the SMAPI logs for both players?

• arcanites

@Pathoschild we're playing tonight so if it happens again i'll definitely do that! she thinks she might have found the cause tho, she had the FreeDusty mod installed and apparently that makes things go Very Wrong in multiplayer? i dunno?

• arcanites

yeah so it was 100% FreeDusty, we've played several days w/o crashes lmao. sorry for the trouble!

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just to be clear, you said that SHE had the FreeDusty mod installed. Does that mean you didn't have that mod installed?

In multiplayer, all players need to have exactly the same mods, or else issues will often arise

• arcanites

originally i did have the mod installed! it was only when the crashes kept happening that i started taking mods out, but it seems that she didn't take her own mods out accordingly :/

13akoors likes this.
                                  • ahhhhh1

ahhhhh1 Void-Bound Voyager

Having a problem where the game crashes when I try to sleep. This has only just begun happening, everything was working fine until this point.
                                    Here is the SMAPI crash log https://log.smapi.io/pswaiWcs
                                    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: Also, it keeps telling me to update JsonAssets, but I cannot find a download for 1.3.7, they all turn out to be 1.3.36

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

Your error is related to character dialogue. The only CP mod you have which edits dialogue is More Fish, so try temporarily removing that mod to see if the problem goes away. If so, report the error to the author with your log link and any other details about the save. If removing that mod does not fix the error, you should reset your content files.

The JSON Assets update notification is a false positive because the modder did not update their manifest version when they updated the mod. I would just ignore it, but if it really bothers you, you can change the manifest.json for that mod to have the correct version number.

• CherryOtaku

CherryOtaku Yeah, You!

Okay, so. I keep having my game crash whenever I try to boot up a save or create a new save. It's become unplayable, and I've sort-of deduced what the issue is, and it stems from Advanced Location Loader. Whenever I check my error log, that's the last mod to show an error, and each error from ALL is "requesting an immediate game shutdown". They all claim that a certain ALL Mod's tilesheet being loaded in is seasonal; they're all using "spring_outdoorsTileSheet", and "winter" is missing. I checked some of the mods, they're missing everything except spring, excluding the "z_extras" seasonal tilesheets.

Here is my log, scroll to the very bottom of the raw log: https://log.smapi.io/NRP6TM5U?raw=true

What can I do to fix this issue? I don't exactly know if it's ok to use the summer, fall, and winter "_outdoorsTileSheets" from the base game because the locations might not have necessary sprites in the base game tilesheets, as the tilesheets included in the mods could be edited. Idk, this could be a stupid thing to be concerned about, I just want to know what the safest solution is.

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

2 things:

1: You have a huge number of mods that claim to have updates. All mods that can update should be updated when reporting errors.
                                          2: If you know the error is an ALL error, why aren't you reporting it to the ALL mod directly, or ALL directly?

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.