Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGodlyKittenNinja

TheGodlyKittenNinja Void-Bound Voyager

Everything's finally working... but I caused myself some trouble by mistake. Without thinking I skipped the quest from the Wizard to open the Witch's Hut using CJB Cheats. I didn't think anything of it and continued playing through the days without realizing what I'd done... But I can't get access to the buildings you can order from the Wizard now. Is there a way to activate it again without totally deleting my save file and starting from scratch?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Ajajane The connection shouldn't be affected by the save file. Does it still happen if you try it again with that save? It might have been a temporary Steam server issue.

@Clotho Yep, that looks like an issue with PyTK or Custom Furniture. I suggest asking the author on the PyTK page with a link to that log (it's the same author for both).

@TheGodlyKittenNinja The next version of CJB Cheats Menu lets you change hidden game flags like that too. I was originally planning to release it when Stardew Valley 1.4 goes live, but I could release it in the next few days if you need it sooner.

• TheGodlyKittenNinja

TheGodlyKittenNinja Void-Bound Voyager

You mean it would let you activate quests whenever you want? That would be really helpful. Though, don't rush yourself for me, I can wait. Thank you for letting me know.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@TheGodlyKittenNinja CJB Cheats Menu update released! You can't re-activate the quests, but now you can edit the game flags they would have set. For example, this will unlock access to the Wizard's buildings:

upload_2019-6-10_2-29-40.png

• BerryBeeBird

BerryBeeBird Void-Bound Voyager

I'm a little bit at a loss on how to fix this one, so any help would be appreciated!
            Any time my character goes into a situation where they're holding something above their head and can place something (planting seeds, moving furniture) the game lags out and then crashes, making it pretty unplayable. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling so many different mods to figure out what this issue is linked to, but even getting rid of most of the mods that edit gameplay don't change anything (Custom furniture, PyTK, Json and entoarox framework)

https://log.smapi.io/nMFAt5UJ

• 13akoors

13akoors Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Before doing anything else, make sure all the mods with updates are updated to the latest version.

Secondly, JSON Assets is crashing because 3 of its mods add the same items/recipes. JSON Assets does not handle duplicate item/recipes well, and will crash until these duplicates are removed. This can be fixed either by removing/editing Animal Husbandry.

I believe you may also have another error, but you should make these fixes first and see if anything else happens. Post a new log if errors continue

• BerryBeeBird

BerryBeeBird Void-Bound Voyager

I deleted the animal husbandry mod and that totally fixed it, thank you so much! I honestly didn't think it was a big deal since it didn't seem to have anything to do with picking up stuff and moving it around!

Small side note, all the mods that say I need updates for, I have the latest versions available on nexus. Is there somewhere else I should be downloading updated versions from?

• 13akoors

Some mods might have updates here that are not on Nexus, but other than that, no. Some mods just have false update flags.

For SMAPI mods, this can be a good place to keep an eye out for updates in general https://mods.smapi.io/

• Ajajane

Ajajane Big Damn Hero

Yup it still happened with that save when we tried just now and, oddly enough, our new file started having that issue as well. The only thing that connects the two is that both times, we had a brief internet outage and after it comes back the farmhand starts getting "Connection Failed" messages and it stays that way every time we try to connect again.

If we can't get this figured out that will make it a second dead game file and it does seem server based, but I'm not sure what else can be causing the issue because we can still connect if it is a brand new game. I'm open to suggestions here and appreciate the help.

• BrintheHufflepuff

BrintheHufflepuff Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can anyone help me figure this out? I keep getting this error when trying to create a new event

I tried resetting my content folders and that didn't work and I everything is up to date. I don't quite understand this error.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Ajajane likes this.
                      • Ajajane

Ajajane Big Damn Hero

Well damn, we were able to connect into BOTH saves by loading the game up without SMAPI. What does that imply the issue is, a specific mod or something else?

Thanks for the help!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Ajajane Depends; we'll need some trial & error to narrow it down. Does it work if you play with SMAPI, but remove all SMAPI mods temporarily?

• Crimzzzz

Crimzzzz Space Hobo

Yea so i really haven't played stardew in a while so yea my modded stardew keeps on crashing idk what to do after the press any key to enter is done it shows the purple screen then crashes i need help.

• 13akoors

Before anyone can assist, you'll need to post your error log to https://log.smapi.io/, then post your URL here for us to see

To find your error log, paste this into your File Explorer (assuming Windows): %AppData%\StardewValley\ErrorLogs

• pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

@Pathoschild is there a plan making "ContentPackFor" to be a list?

I mean, take for example, mods for BFAV.

Current procedure for installing [BFAV] mods are to unpack the mods into the Mods/ directory ... then followed by copying an image file to BFAV's Assets, and editing BFAV's config.json.

I guess this is because BFAV developer does not want to replicate the functionality of CP, which is needed to load the values that the game utilizes to bring the added animals to the world, so the [BFAV] mods need to specify CP as the "ContentPackFor".

If this field can be turned into a list, then [BFAV] mods should be detectable and parseable by BFAV (through the Helper.ContentPacks.GetOwned() method, probably?), and BFAV probably can probably use a different file, say "animal.json", to instantiate the new animals, while still letting CP read "content.json" to load the values/images.

Just a 1am thought from me...

• Ajajane

Ajajane Big Damn Hero

Yup it works with SMAPI and no mods, time to do a hunt then to find the culprit. Thanks for the help, again!

Edit: Found the problem! For some reason PyTk was the one causing the issue for us. First we had your unofficial update and then we tried the newest version on the Nexus. Both versions gave us the Connection Failed error messages and removing PyTk solved it.

Of course the downside is that anything requiring PyTk also had to be removed, but the game works again!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
                                  • Crimzzzz

Crimzzzz Space Hobo

https://log.smapi.io/yy1yz3it

I think this is it

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

• serenamb

serenamb Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having the same issue with my modded game crashing as Crimzzzz. It's been a few months since i played my modded version since i have Stardew Valley on my Switch so i have forgotten how to mod these last couple of months. (basically, just explain everything to me like im 5 haha)
                                      Ive tried to update my smapi to 2.11 but it just wont work? i extract and put it into my stardew valley folder but it keeps saying smapi 2.10 when it tries to load o.-

https://log.smapi.io/jZG2mp81

im thinking worse case scenario, i'll just completely delete everything and start all over again. Thanks in advance!

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.