1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Unable to launch exclusively through Steam

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by gnawms, Jun 11, 2019.

1. gnawms

gnawms Void-Bound Voyager

Upon launch of the game, Starbound will become unresponsive and stay that way for upwards of an hour. This is only the case when launched through Steam, launching the executable from the win64 directory has no such problem, going from Chucklefish logo to main menu within five seconds. This is reproducible and happens every time I attempt to launch this game through Steam. The log indicates that the game seems to consistently crash when loading the collection database, as attached to this post in the text file.

OS is Windows 10.0.17134
    Game is run entirely vanilla, no mods or third party resource packs of any kind are present in the directories. This occurs in windowed mode, although presumably would be the case in fullscreen as well.

This is on the most recent update. I have reinstalled the game several times, and have deleted all local files as prescribed by the pinned thread, to no avail.

Attached Files:

2. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

you say no mods. hav u checked steam mods?

3. gnawms

I have. No Steam mods are installed either.

4. gnawms

Update: The Starbound Discord server was able to solve the problem, the Discord overlay seems to be incompatible with the game.