Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcbenny

jcbenny Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you so much! Seems to be working just fine, but will let you know if anything weird happens!

pepoluan likes this.
    • pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

Thank you for confirming it works!

I've released the unofficial conversion on the XNB Mod Alternatives page.

Kidbowsur likes this.
      • Kidbowsur

Kidbowsur Intergalactic Tourist

Not sure how likely it would be but these are one of the best portraits ive seen. It makes them cowboy Bebop style retro anime. Only issue is that they are high res simply resizing them distorts them too much.

Gigi's Hi-Res Portraits mod for All Characters
        https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/3759

• pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

As stated in its description page, it requires Portraiture Mod to work.

Does this distortion issue happen if you inject the portraits using the Portraiture Mod (as opposed to resizing them yourself and use CP) ?

• pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

Doable... but the number of files to process is quite... numerous.

It will take some time for me to do the conversion.

• Kidbowsur

Kidbowsur Intergalactic Tourist

Unfortunately I'm on mobile so I'm not sure I can get portraiture to work. Will be trying tonight.

• imshiraishi

imshiraishi Space Hobo

can someone please convert this hair [x] so it can be used on content patcher please? in case you're not sure how to download it as the website is all in korean, that's the download link for the file [x]

• pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

So, to save my sanity, I wrote a Python script to automate the conversion process... :D

Please find attached, the CP version of Female Bachelors Dialogue Overhaul mod ( XNB )

Note: I have NOT tested this on my game; please inform me of quirks/glitches.

Also, notifying the requester: @wren2012

-----

Edit 1: Replaced the file with one whose content.json is sorted

-----

Edit 2: Removing this file because the mod now provides a CP version.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
                  • kaiafg

kaiafg Void-Bound Voyager

Can anyone upload an updated CP version of Monteso's Farm Cave Expansion if you have time? It broke with the game's update and I don't see any content patcher anywhere, I would be seriously appreciative and grateful if there's anyone able to upload one :nod: the link on nexusmods is [here] I'm not looking for the entire map, just the Farm Cave Meadow expansion if that helps!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
                    • minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

Many of the users on Naver do not like having their mods redistributed. Can you please check with them to see if they are okay with us converting this mod?

• tinkerbelljln

tinkerbelljln Pangalactic Porcupine

Would anyone be willing to make this CP compatible? I checked the Wiki and it looks like no one has done it yet, if I'm mistaken I apologize.

• Fippsie

Fippsie Poptop Tamer

I saw that xhotfish's Skater Sam was already converted, but their Teal Sebastian wasn't so I went ahead and converted it!
                          Original can be found here.

Attached Files:

009i66 likes this.
                          • Dede_Bug

Dede_Bug Void-Bound Voyager

Here you go. I haven't tested it. Please let me know if there are any issues.

Attached Files:

tinkerbelljln likes this.
                            • Allycat2208

Allycat2208 Void-Bound Voyager

I know this is like a year later that I'm commenting, but is it possible to make a CP version of specific character files for the no bow legs mod? that way I can have only certain characters be affected. I ask this because I have a mod that totally replaces Emily's sprite and I really enjoy the new design it gives her, but with the no legs mod affecting her it replaces her sprite back to the original.

• tinkerbelljln

tinkerbelljln Pangalactic Porcupine

Works perfectly, tested both girls! Thank you so so so much!!

Dede_Bug likes this.
                                • pepoluan

pepoluan Big Damn Hero

You mean, individually selectable CP?

I'll pick up f4ith's mod and do the necessary edits.

-----

Edit 1: Here you go, @Allycat2208 .

Changes:
                                  • All characters individually selectable (defaults to enabled)
                                    • For Abigail, can choose between "bow" or "nobow"
                                    • Maru_Hospital follows the choice for Maru, no individual enablement
                                  • Uses EditImage instead of Load
                                  • All PNG reduced in size using "pngcrush -c 6 -l 9 -z 0"
                                  • Requires ContentPatcher >= 1.8.0
                                  • Version number bumped
                                  Note: I have NOT tested this; please inform me of quirks/glitches

Notice: Mod belongs to the original mod maker. They can PM me if they want this taken down. They are also free to claim this CP version as theirs.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
                                    snowis4ever likes this.
                                  • minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

blouwho? likes this.
                                  • a2937

a2937 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Attached Files:

• Elveira

Elveira Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, may I please request someone to help make this tilesheet into a content patcher pack? I combined Eemie's Classy Furniture set, Mi's and Magimatica Country Furniture set, and Mi's Classy Victorian Interiors set by copying and pasting onto the tilesheet. However, some of the modded furniture does not appear correctly or even at all. For example, one appears as a half junimo and half rabbit plush. Another example is a modded lamp will still have part of the original green lamp cut off at the top.

Attached Files:

xhoney_bunnyx likes this.
                                    • .Lavender.

.Lavender. Pangalactic Porcupine

You could just get my DIYCP mod and replace the PNG.

Also here's a CP version of Redone Dialogue. This and Enhanced Dialogue (already converted) are must-haves for my game. :)
                                      As always, if the original mod author wants me to remove these files, they're free to let me know!

Attached Files:

faeamie, blouwho?, Zosa and 2 others like this.
                                      Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.