Coop Auto-Grabber

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Skinflint, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Skinflint

Skinflint Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm sick of schlepping around my Coop for eggs and whatnot. Half the time they're hiding behind Mayo Machines and since they block my path I waste tons of time in there on a daily basis! I don't want machines only on the periphery because that's still lots of walking, plus feels immersion-breaking to me (the idea there being impossible for eggs to be behind them).

If there's a reason CA wants it hard/late-game, maybe make it a quest for Maru to build a robot to do it or something.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    • WilliamZ

WilliamZ Phantasmal Quasar

I agree completely, gathering eggs are more annoying than any other kind of animal dairy, the coop isn't big enough and you're always bumping into chickens or they stay on the way of your mayo machines.

• Alleandra

Alleandra Void-Bound Voyager

I would absolutely love an Auto-grabber for the coop. I've been away from the game for a long time (because computer problems, life etc), and was overjoyed to find out about this machine. Was quite disappointed it didn't work for the coop, though.

I use the shed for mayo/cheese machines, so at least I don't have the annoyance of the eggs hiding behind those.

• jmababa

jmababa Orbital Explorer

Yes we need 1 for coop especially if you want animals that you for example in maps like hilltop or fishing map that barn is not good or nightmare cause it at other end of map will only fit.

• shybobcat

shybobcat Void-Bound Voyager

Adding my vote for coop autograbber. Yes, please!

• RoseMaster3000

RoseMaster3000 Void-Bound Voyager

• Skinflint

Thank you; I'm sure many readers will appreciate it. Those of us on mobile, however, can't use mods, so I still wanted to post hoping it comes to vanilla.

• One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

Certainly like the idea, but
                Put mayo machines elsewhere. By keeping them in the coop you're reducing the available space for eggs, feathers etc. to spawn, and you'll occasionally miss out on some, even if you are collecting every single day.

• Skinflint

No. I don't care to play that way, and I don't appreciate your stating your preference as instructions to me (or anyone else). I don't want them in Sheds, etc. Even with machines not even in the game, I would want Auto-Grabber.

• Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

@Skinflint Please keep it civil. If you dont agree on someones post or the solution they offer there are other ways to say that.

• WhitneyFox

WhitneyFox Void-Bound Voyager

Sadly the Deluxe Auto Grabber (link above) is no longer compatible. If anyone knows the creator (stokastic), it would be great if the mod could be updated, there is clearly desire for it.

As for having the machines in the coop, 2 suggestions, clump them along the back wall (yes there isn't much space, but it would prevent items spawning behind them), or, keep them just outside the coop so they are still close by but aren't taking up space inside the coop and hiding items.

Just discovered this mod for the auto grabber: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2783?tab=description

This one is compatible as long as you get the most recent version. It will work in the coop as well as gather any forage on your farm (if you have the forest farm or are using Farm Type Manager to spawn forage).

It looks like it's being kept up to date, so hopefully the upgrade to SMAPI 3.0 and SDV 1.4 won't be an issue.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2019
                      • Skinflint

My Coop is situated in an area already saturated by fruit trees and paths hemmed in by forest I do not want to sacrifice; most of the back wall is the feeding trough and leaves too little room for machines to keep up with production, particularly if I decide to dedicate a day to other activities and face doubling quantities the following day.

I request a Coop Auto-Grabber not because the game is unplayable without, but because lacking it makes what IMO are unreasonably detrimental trade-off's against the rest of its mechanics, particularly untenable given how easy a solution it would be to simply extend parity to the Coop what's already offered for the Barn.

• Phea

Phea Big Damn Hero

Adding on to this, it would be great if there was something for the barn as well - like a Junimo hut for barns/coops to milk the cows, shear the sheep, pick up the eggs, etc. Maybe you could hire Shane to work on your farm (if you do the Community Center route since he loses his job) or ask Maru/the Wizard to build something.

• Skinflint

I apologize if this spoils you (this is your warning!), but for clarity's sake in this thread: the Auto-Grabber referenced in this thread's title is precisely this, but is gated by a price relatively higher than early game allows to be an easy purchase.