1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinRaces 5.3

Enables racial abilities for all Vanilla races, and many modded ones too!

1. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

2. Mooncalf99

Mooncalf99 Spaceman Spiff

Found a rather nasty bug. If you play as a Novakid and expend all your energy during the night, the bar won't return to green. It fills back up, but it remains grey and you can't shoot or do energy-requiring things. (If you hold your fire before you hit empty, the bar will refill and stay green.) It's like the game doesn't acknowledge that your energy has been replenished. I'm not wearing any armor that changes my energy max, by the way.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  3. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Strange. Nobody else has reported this. I feel like they for sure would have. I'll ask around.

Also, where is your log?

4. Mooncalf99

Log says nothing of value because this is nothing the game recognizes as an "error". From the game's perspective, the function clearly works according to the scripts, even if we recognize the outcome of the function as a failure.

Anyway, I rolled it back to previous versions until I found one that worked, which was 5.2.22, so I'm guessing the version after that introduced the issue.

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

I still need a log, to be certain its nothing obtuse. You're the only person to report it, thus far.

The only stat changed at night regarding energy for Novas:

Code:
                        "stats" : [                  // Applied at night
                            { "stat" : "maxEnergy", "baseMultiplier" : 0.75 }
                        ],

but during the day we have this:

Code:
                        "stats" : [                  // Applied during the day
                            { "stat" : "energyRegenPercentageRate", "baseMultiplier" : 1.20 }
                        ],

so ill try putting a 1.0 for that value in the night section, see if that does the trick. I'll toss it on git right now, and you can test and see. Go ahead and try whenever you wish. its in the main build now.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  6. Mooncalf99

Okay, just tested it during a night, and the energy meter behaved as it should, so it would seem you've identified the source of the issue. Here's the log, just in case. (It did catch a few unrelated errors, but nothing that's caused me any a ctive problems.) https://pastebin.com/8Qg9p2kf

7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

thanks, i tested and it seems okay now.

edit: jesus, you have a lot of mods.

8. Mooncalf99

Of course. "An unmodded life is no life at all." - Hemingway, probably

9. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

10. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

11. RealOmega

RealOmega Big Damn Hero

I've got a somewhat large question -
    Is there any chance that you could release a tutorial or guide on how to create your own racial abilities? I'm currently working on a somewhat private "learner's mod" and would like to know how, so I can submit suggestions in the future.
    Thanks.

12. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

best advice i can give is to look over the files in github. I have no time to write a tutorial, and most of the stuff is pretty self explanatory for anyone that already scripts...which would be the case for most people adding abilities to their races.

13. RealOmega

RealOmega Big Damn Hero

Thanks for the response. I'll do that.

14. Mooncalf99

The 5.2.41 version causes the game to crash on startup.

Cause: /species/arachne.species is unreadable.

Reason: /species/arachne.species.patch has broken syntax.

Specific reason: You've put quotation marks inside a quotation-mark-defined string, which breaks it into two strings with an unrecognized word in between. Namely, "dark".

Resolution: Remove the quotation marks. Testing shows this to work properly.

15. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

It's already fixed on git, and since the mod link goes to the releases page, this is a non issue. download the new one.

It also wasn't me, it was a contributor. The bigger problem was him pressing tab, which added characters that JSON cannot parse.

16. Mooncalf99

I've discovered a bug with the Apex. If you die, the penalty/bonus to energy/attack isn't restored when your health is; you respawn with very low max energy. (Around 40 in my case.) You have to take damage, to about 70% health it seems, for the script to trigger so your stats recalculate properly.

17. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Interesting. And also neat. I'd almost like to see that as a feature: take a bit of time to recoup before you can explore again safely
    but I doubt that would be much fun in actual practice

18. Mooncalf99

Stumbling out of the respawner in a barely coherent berserker rage? You could maybe implement it as a debuff ("respawn sickness"? That would actually make a bit of sense for all races) that wears off over time. It would be a hindrance to players who want to leap back into the fray, though. Maybe just on survival mode?

19. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

heh its a *really* neat idea honestly. i just cant imagine it being popular for corpse runs.

20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time