New bachelorrettes?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Alpha-angel, Apr 10, 2019.

?

More marriageable characters with more story

1. yes (MORE BABIES)

18.5%
  2. no (Its fine why change it)

3.7%
  3. Yes but just more guys (The girls are already doing they'r job right)

11.1%
  4. Yes but just more girls (The guys are already doing they'r job right)

7.4%
  5. Add new npc's but not marriage candidates (Just to freshen it up a little bit)

3.7%
  6. More of all(Marriage candidates & Normal town npc's(FOR THE STORY & FOR GLORY)

74.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Alpha-angel

Alpha-angel Star Wrangler

Sorry if there is a lot of pauses or if this is to long but that's just how Iwant to portray my love for a game that i don't want to lose
    PLEASE IF SOMEONE READS THIS SHOW THIS TO THE CREATORS

I know that it may take a while & the game is awesome already... but honestly i feel like maybe 'just for those who have played it all' there should be something like either a bigger town(Like maybe a few villagers in calico desert) or maybe a few new bachelorettes/Bachelors (Like in the calico desert Maybe
    (sorry i really want more with that desert :rofl:).
    And just as i said before I know this will take a lot of work... But I love this game to much and i don't want to get tired of it but I've just played it all (Besides The fact that i can only play on my tablet for now) But the point is I really want more to keep me into this game
    The truth being I've already grown tired of my 2 favorite games like Starbound & Undertale
    (OK i still love undertale to death)
    But i can't stand a game where I've done everything twice
    And that sucks because I only have three more bachelorettes to marry and check the dialog of (Leah, Abigail & Emily) And i just don't feel comfortable marrying another guy(Not to judge anyone i just can't do it)
    So please at least 2-10 new marriage candidates (Or two, one male one female)
    BTW if i could i would use mods but I only enjoy this on the go on my tablet I'm typing this on school computer
    ALSO
    My friend thinks it would be a good idea for an African-American male marriage candidate so I'm just throwing this in for her
    Please reply if you can i can accept a no since i understand how hard it is

Sincerely
    a starbound/Stardew fan named Thomas+Tina

• Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

i'm somewhat staying away from the racial talk/fights going on lately, but i do like to see more races
      not sure why, but i am attracted more to asian girls (me being white)

i voted for "all" since i want more stories, and also more female candidates (i'm one to prefer females only, no other reason) for more characters to make
      although i'm using the "combined girls mod" right now, so i only have girls, haha... would work with more guys becoming girls, too :rofl:

but yeah, i think about everyone (as much as possible, i guess), and it's interesting seeing more guys AND girls, and NPC's in general, and their stories
      for some reason i got kind of attached to the story of George in the mines, and if there's more feelings and backstories in the game, that'd make reading more interesting

i thought Alex (now Alexa) was just stupid, and ignored him(her), but after i saw the cinematic with the talking to the dog, i was like "OH.... oh.... hmm"
      (not giving spoilers)

Alpha-angel likes this.
      • Alpha-angel

Well that is something else that I never thought about and it's actually something that i would also like to see(The part about Other heritages I mean) Thanks for adding that :)
        Signed
        Forgetful Thomas :rofl:

BTW I cannot currently use mods as i can only play on Phone :( So this is why this discussion for more Canon characters is now up
        That's all
        Sincerely
        Mobile Thomas :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2019
        • SunshineValley

SunshineValley Void-Bound Voyager

Stardew Valley needs more NPCs

Alpha-angel likes this.
          • Alpha-angel

Our point exactly.

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

There's other threads (buried) commenting on other guys and gals that they would like to see as marriage candidates, but I'm more for "expand everything". I don't understand how a "town" of not even 30 residents is so successful. I know it's usually because of gameplay reasons but still...I also wouldn't mind if some of the existing npcs were fleshed out a little more. A few of the npcs are decidedly one dimensional.

Alpha-angel likes this.
              • Alpha-angel

This is exactly what me & Thomas meant
                We truly want people like Pam or the mayor to show more emotion or something
                And of coarse there is always the fact that a bigger town with more villagers Could very well bring in more players
                That's what I think at least
                Singed
                Glad you agree Tina

• Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

i would love to see more from the existing NPC's, but prefer more both marriagable and non-marriagable NPC's to have a bit more variety with
                  so yeah, in short: i want to see more from what we have, but first more ways to go to

Alpha-angel likes this.
                  • WilliamZ

WilliamZ Phantasmal Quasar

CA hinted on a Q&A that he will increase the map size and probably we will have more NPC's.

Alpha-angel likes this.
                    • Alpha-angel

Could you put up a link please?

• WilliamZ

Alpha-angel likes this.
                      • Alpha-angel

• Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

Alpha-angel and WilliamZ like this.
                      • Alleandra

Alleandra Void-Bound Voyager

I'd actually like to see "older" candidates, like Shane, Harvey and Elliot. I just find the others are way too young, with Sebastian being barely acceptable, agewise. Sam and Alex I think are too young to be ready to settle down and have a family of their own (I see Sam as like 16, and Alex 2-3 years older). I was thinking about Clint, but he's too much into Emily for me to consider him.

For the girls, Leah and Penny seem the most mature, with Maru close behind. Not that I care much for the girls, but figured I'd mention them anyway. Haley is always, in every save, the last one I get any kind of friendship with. Even after Vincent and Jas. And again, I can't snatch Emily away from Clint, the poor guy.

WilliamZ likes this.
                        • WilliamZ

Well the girls don't stay behind either, Maru, Abi, Harley and Penny are very young, Leah and Emily seems to be more older.

• Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

Haley :p
                            but hey, with the combined girls mod, i have Harley instead of Harvey :rofl:

but yeah, it's a typo, but i thought i'd point it out, in case you make a mistake that may confuse people in the future

a little older might be nice, yeah
                            i have nothing against younger ones, since i don't see them as reallife people, so i just see them as people in general
                            but a bit older may do well, maybe i'll feel more attracted to them

although i see "a little older" not as Clint's age, tbh
                            i think it still has to be around the rest of them, aside from harvey with his mustache, which i don't like (not that i have him, with that mod, but still)

• WilliamZ

The problem is that I also say "Harley" in real life too lol, why he keep that "R" out of her name? :catbleh:

I also don't have problem, I believe that our avatar is supposed to be someone younger, since I'm 35 in real life I got used to the fact that my age isn't the target audience for games anymore, at least for man there's lots of older protagonists, but I don't know why is so taboo for women, they always need to be young and perfect, as if women don't age in real life too >_>

Zosa likes this.
                              • Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

i'm 34, but i doubt we're one of the few, i'm very sure many more our age play this game
                                and i havent heard about older women being taboo, tbh

but i was talking about me thinking that the new NPC's that will eventually come, better be around the same ages as the current marriagable NPC's are

• Alleandra

Alleandra Void-Bound Voyager

I also think there are a lot of people at 30+ playing the game. I'm getting close to 50 myself (shudder) but its just a number, right? I don't know who the target audience of this game is, but I'M not it :D

I don't really MIND the young'uns, it just feels kind of awkward for me personally. I'm not much of a roleplayer, I don't completely immerse myself in the game (in ANY game, tbh). I just play it and enjoy it. As an example, Sam is out of the question. To me, he is mid-teens, like 15-16. He's a nice guy, but way too young. To other people, he might seem older. I've actually started a save with a male this time around, and married Alex. He's a very sweet guy, and is now on my own candidates list. I have quite a few saves right now, so I'll have to start recycling soon!

I do like the odd ones out, the less than perfect. I like that the townies have issues and difficulties in their lives. I hope CA will continue that trend, at least.

Alpha-angel and WilliamZ like this.
                                  • musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

I'm 45 and like it a bunch, heck I think my favorite to marry is Abby but that's because she's so outside the norm of what people feel a young woman should be...

Regarding new bachelorettes, I would like a few that would be "older than typical", like 30s or 40s. Think Emily is a good start, but there's others that should be added for those that like "older women" (whatever that means). If the PC is 25 then I think outside of MAYBE Emily and Leah there aren't any choices for picking an older woman. Sandy and Pam aren't available, Marnie's not available (she really should be, she deserves better than Lewis!!)...I realize that CA has to go with what is best and that most players are probably early to mid 20s but it would be nice to realize older singles need love too!

Alpha-angel and Alleandra like this.