Chat The Nep Lounge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kaede Grimwater, Oct 4, 2016.

?

Fighting in HDD can be exhausting. Which of the CPUs do you think can maintain HDD the longest?

Poll closed Nov 15, 2016.
  1. Neptune

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Noire

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. Vert

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. Blanc

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  1. Ruin

Ruin Existential Complex

[Double post, but it's been almost a month]

For anyone here that has also played Action Unleashed, I have become your Lily Lord.
    [​IMG]
    This took me about ten hours to do. Max all ten girls' Lily Ranks. Spoiler; There's 45 of them.

Nep x Noire
    Nep x Blanc
    Nep x Vert
    Nep x Gear
    Nep x Uni
    Nep x Rom
    Nep x Ram
    Nep x Dengekiko
    Nep x Famitsu
    Noire x Blanc
    Noire x Vert
    Noire x Gear
    Noire x Uni
    Noire x Rom
    Noire x Ram
    Noire x Dengekiko
    Noire x Famitsu
    Blanc x Vert
    Blanc x Gear
    Blanc x Uni
    Blanc x Rom
    Blanc x Ram
    Blanc x Dengekiko
    Blanc x Famistu
    Vert x Gear
    Vert x Uni
    Vert x Rom
    Vert x Ram
    Vert x Dengekiko
    Vert x Famitsu
    Gear x Uni
    Gear x Rom
    Gear x Ram
    Gear x Dengekiko
    Gear x Famitsu
    Uni x Rom
    Uni x Ram
    Uni x Dengekiko
    Uni x Famistu
    Rom x Ram
    Rom x Dengekiko
    Rom x Famitsu
    Ram x Dengekiko
    Ram x Famitsu
    Dengekiko x Famitsu

This is officially worse than Card Master from VII.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    Jimlad 42 and Iris Blanche like this.
  2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

This is the only achievement i am missing (besides "Platinum Action Unleashed!") :speechless:

Jimlad 42 and Ruin like this.
  3. Ruin

Ruin Existential Complex

It was the same for me. Played AU three-almost-four years ago and got every trophy except Lily Lord. I went back to it yesterday and just now finished.

4. Iris Blanche

i should do that too :nurushock:

5. Ruin

Ruin Existential Complex

With all the appropriate "Cheats" activated (namely 1 Hit Kills), go to Volcanic Liquid under Dynamite de Volcano (the very first listed Story area) and kill the four bosses that spawn on top of you. This is the fastest possible way, trust me, I tried the other two fast ways.

From the Steam guide:

[​IMG]

6. Iris Blanche

I always jumped through nep tower. :eek: always thought this is the fastest way. guess i know what i am going to do soon. thanks :3

7. Silverduke1

Silverduke1 Giant Laser Beams

moop?

8. Ruin

Ruin Existential Complex

It's slow, yeah. A lot of the peeps that used to be here aren't here, and then others aren't very active anymore. (I never was to begin with.) The next Neptunia won't release for a while still, so there's nothing to talk about on top of that.

I'll be getting VIIR soon, so that's... something? Probably won't be a lot to mention, same story and all.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    Jimlad 42 likes this.
  9. Silverduke1

i see guess that makes sense. I've always been very sporadically active myself ^^: have fun with VIIR

Ruin and Jimlad 42 like this.
  10. Ruin

Ruin Existential Complex

Recently Platinum'ed VIIR, so I have some things to say.

- DLC characters from VII are not included and are not sold. In other words, they were removed. (RIP Million)
    - DLC costumes from VII were integrated into the game as normal items.
    - New Game+ was removed. (WWWHHHYYY?)
    - Enemies seem to be more difficult by default, but the overall difficulty is lower due to having more opportunities to buff your stats.
    - The combat system itself is slower on paper but only ever so slightly so once you know what you're doing. Which doesn't take long to adjust to.
    - The VR stuff honestly isn't cringy or awkward (mostly) at all. Also controls totally fine with the stick, albeit slow.
    - Blanc is super cute in the VR stuff.
    - The VR/out-of-game stuff treats you as if you've already seen VII all the way through, true end and all. Doesn't seem to spoil almost anything, though.
    - All equips have ranks, and semi-random stats. I'm not the hugest fan of the random stats thing, but the ranks allow old stuff to get better with time if you get a higher rank version.
    - All equips have stats. Even costumes and accessories. (not a fan of this)
    - You can only have one save file, but you do have multiple slots for playthroughs. Still a dumb idea, but it's not as bad, I guess. (unlike 4GO with only one save period)
    - Framerate is noticeable at first. It's perfectly stable, but you can definitely feel it since it dropped to 30 from VII's 60.
    - Neplunker and Neplunker Zero are harder due to halved framerate and input lag. Zero is even harder as it has a new layout.
    - All of the visuals you can think of were redone, though. This game is gorgeous now. And I don't mean just models/textures. UI/Interfaces and the like were also redone. I believe some of the portraits were touched as well.
    - New music tracks.
    - Challenges were changed, but not removed. They now award BP rather than specific rewards. (still wish they'd gut Challenges)
    - BP is awarded per level up. BP is used to allocate specific stats however you want, and can be changed without penalty.
    - Skills have prerequisites, and must be purchased with credits rather than awarded per level-up.
    - Most items still have pathetically low stack sizes (30 for Healing Grass), but some utility ones go to 9999. Like Eject Button and materials.
    - Inventory slots system starts at 399 with periodic upgrades available at shops up to a max of 999. There are also 9 Inventory DLCs that each grant 1000 (For a max of 9999). Stacked items count as 1, of course.
    - Absolutely 0 of the trophies involve VR in any way.
    - There are new cutscenes for some of the original voiced novel scenes.
    - You can replay events at any time. If they're in-engine, they'll be played with whatever visual gear the characters have equipped.
    - Items are sold from the inventory, but not to shops. (oddly)
    - All of the old staple nuisance trophies are gone. Card Master, Lily Lord, Millionep, etc.
    - Quests can be completed from the menu, but can no longer be repeated.
    - Scouts (and EnergyMates) work somewhat differently, and can be deployed/retrieved from the menu. You also don't need to leave a dungeon for the Hidden Treasure hint to appear.
    - Stealing appears to be much more likely to succeed.
    - Nothing unique seems to be missable. Steals tend to be rarities rather than uniques.
    - Scouts no longer need to be in the same dimension as you. That mechanic is discarded completely.
    - Heart Arc no longer asks if you want to go with CPUs or Candidates after the corrupted CPU fight. It instead plays out the Candidate route first.
    - True ending from VII is apparently the only ending now. (I've beaten it, but you can excuse me if I didn't want to risk having to play the entire game over again to find out if you can miss the requirements.)
    - Post-game is vastly changed, working on a Bounty and Rank system. Coliseum exists, but isn't very expansive.

Over-all I think it's vastly better than VII, and it's what I wanted from VII in the first place. There are big complaints, though. Like the lack of Million, NG+, and save slots.
    It's coming to Steam this year, so the PC players here shouldn't have too much longer to wait if you're interested.

Jimlad 42 and Silverduke1 like this.
  11. Silverduke1

i'll need to get it though no idea when i will actually play it

12. Fafnir838

Fafnir838 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey! Is this chat still alive?

Ruin, Merithor and Jimlad 42 like this.
  13. Merithor

Merithor Pangalactic Porcupine

It's been dead for a while sadly. But could be revived. Depends.

14. Iris Blanche

New Re;Birth 1-3 DLC as well as new 4 Goddesses Online DLC :nuruhype::nuruflirt: ofc i got them allX3

Reviving this chat would be cool :nurunaughty:

15. Ruin

Ruin Existential Complex

Didn't know about the 4GO DLC, I'll have to look at that.

Honestly, I have no idea why they keep porting assets as DLC to the Re;Births. While they weren't of much use when they were new, it was at least a bit more forgivable. But now... They've got Re;Birth+ coming up! Seems odd to be "updating" the "originals" (as if this series wasn't confusing enough, ha ha).

EDIT:
    Looking on PS4, there aren't any new DLCs for 4GO. Maybe they're just stuff the PS4 has had all this time?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    Jimlad 42 likes this.
  16. Iris Blanche

4GO is accessoires (holy robe n stuff) but they messed up the lauch. 3 dlc are still missing. its kinda weird that they throw out so much dlc lately in general. on the other side they're not expensive either sooooo....

17. Ruin

Ruin Existential Complex

Just checked Steam's store page for 4GO, and can confirm that none of that new DLC is present on PS4. Odd. Not that I'm missing much, it's mainly just the Goddess robes for the CPUs, but still strange.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  18. Iris Blanche

Maybe they're gonna launch them later. I cant imagine that they'd do pc exclusive content.

19. Iris Blanche

20. Ruin

Ruin Existential Complex