1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

The Gunsmith's Weaponry

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by D.M.G., Dec 18, 2016.

1. Jellyman

Jellyman Phantasmal Quasar

Alrighty, not a problem for me

2. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Alright then, I'll see what I can do ^^

3. Algester

Algester Void-Bound Voyager

question is it possible to add explode on hit on projectiles ala grenade launcher because I was thinking of making a shuriken shotgun but the projectile has grenade like properties anyone who plays FU will know about the shuriken launcher shotgun
    I think it needs primaryAbility : {projectiletype: throwingstar, projectilecount: 5, inaccuracy: 0.5?} being the main defining factors but I do not know how to make explode on hit argument

4. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Unfortunatly I can't answer that one, because my knowledge is relatively basic
    I guess it could be doable, although not with the exact same projectile

5. Teho

Teho Space Spelunker

Umm, I am not trying to offend, but are you new to JSON modding?
    These weapons are awesome, but the code seems rather simple...
    Here is a weapon I made:
    /spawnitem commonassaultrifle 1 '{"seed":200,"twoHanded":true,"primaryAbility":{"fireTime":1,"stances":{"fire":{"weaponRotation":0, "allowRotate":true, "weaponAngularVelocity":-2500}},"innacuracy":0,"projectileType":"electric","projectileCount":1,"projectileParameters":{"actionOnHit":[{"action":"projectile","type":"doomgrenadeexplosion","timeToLive":4}]}},"altAbility":{"firetime":2,"projectileType":"electroball","projectileParameters":{"actionOnHit":[{"action":"projectile","type":"doomgrenadeexplosion"},{"action":"projectile","type":"purpleplasma","angleAdjust":0,"actionOnHit":[{"action":"projectile","type":"doomgrenadeexplosion","timeToLive":4}]},{"action":"projectile","type":"mechexplosion","angleAdjust":67.5,"actionOnHit":[{"action":"projectile","type":"doomgrenadeexplosion","timeToLive":4}]},{"action":"projectile","type":"soluskatanaswoosh","angleAdjust":0},{"action":"projectile","type":"soluskatanaswoosh","angleAdjust":60},{"action":"projectile","type":"soluskatanaswoosh","angleAdjust":120},{"action":"projectile","type":"soluskatanaswoosh","angleAdjust":-60},{"action":"projectile","type":"soluskatanaswoosh","angleAdjust":-120},{"action":"projectile","type":"soluskatanaswoosh","angleAdjust":180},{"action":"projectile","type":"bonechain3","angleAdjust":22.5,"actionOnHit":[{"action":"projectile","type":"doomgrenadeexplosion","timeToLive":4}]},{"action":"projectile","type":"purpleplasma","angleAdjust":45,"actionOnHit":[{"action":"projectile","type":"doomgrenadeexplosion","timeToLive":4}]},{"action":"projectile","type":"purpleplasma","angleAdjust":90,"actionOnHit":[{"action":"projectile","type":"doomgrenadeexplosion","timeToLive":4}]},{"action":"projectile","type":"purpleplasma","angleAdjust":135,"actionOnHit":[{"action":"projectile","type":"doomgrenadeexplosion","timeToLive":4}]},{"action":"projectile","type":"purpleplasma","angleAdjust":180,"actionOnHit":[{"action":"projectile","type":"doomgrenadeexplosion","timeToLive":4}]},{"action":"projectile","type":"purpleplasma","angleAdjust":-45,"actionOnHit":[{"action":"projectile","type":"doomgrenadeexplosion","timeToLive":4}]},{"action":"projectile","type":"ngravityexplosion"},{"action":"projectile","type":"purpleplasma","angleAdjust":-90,"actionOnHit":[{"action":"projectile","type":"doomgrenadeexplosion","timeToLive":4}]},{"action":"projectile","type":"purpleplasma","angleAdjust":-135,"actionOnHit":[{"action":"projectile","type":"doomgrenadeexplosion","timeToLive":4}]},{"action":"projectile","type":"mechchainsawswoosh","angleAdjust":-135},{"action":"projectile","type":"mechchainsawswoosh","angleAdjust":-90},{"action":"projectile","type":"mechchainsawswoosh","angleAdjust":-45},{"action":"projectile","type":"mechchainsawswoosh","angleAdjust":0},{"action":"projectile","type":"mechchainsawswoosh","angleAdjust":45},{"action":"projectile","type":"mechchainsawswoosh","angleAdjust":90},{"action":"projectile","type":"mechchainsawswoosh","angleAdjust":135},{"action":"projectile","type":"mechchainsawswoosh","angleAdjust":180} ]}},"animatedParts" : {"stateTypes":{"firing" :{"default":"off","states":{"fire":{"default":"off","frames":2,"cycle":0.07,"mode":"transition","transition":"off"}}}}},"shortdescription":"The Gun","description":" ","toolTipKind":"base"}'

+===================================================================================================+

A good way to get better at modding params is to copy-paste complicated weapon code, see what makes it work, and then write your own based on what you know! That is exactly what great inventors and scientists do- see how the world works, and make something new based on that research! And I noticed you guys have the game assets unpacked, go you!
    For posting on the forums it's a good idea to avoid : 3, : ) etc. because it'll turn into an emoji.

+===================================================================================================+

Also, for those of you who haven't unpacked the assets, copy the text from this attached file, save it as unpack.bat, put it next to
    /Windows(C :/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Starbound/assets/packed.pak
    and then just double click!
    (NOTE: modifying this won't mod the game, you have to copy the assets and put them in the /mods folder in starbound's files.

Also, I'm taking requests for:
    Armours (pretty much ANYTHING)
    Weapons (same as above)

Thanks for reading this ENTIRE HUGE FIRST POST! Until next time!

For Algester:
    add "actionOnHit":[{"action":"projectile","type":"mechexplosion"}]
    tp projectileParameters to make an explosion.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2020
  6. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

xD
    People are still coming back I see.. I kind of moved on from JSON coding

7. Pizmak

Pizmak Void-Bound Voyager

its possible to create medic gun?

8. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

If you're thinking about healing bullet I don't think so, but you can make a gun that fires healing gas, tho you need to be careful not to put a damage value

9. GamingWithSlothyYT

GamingWithSlothyYT Space Hobo

Can you speed up the plasma sword firerate or tell me how to?

10. Pizmak

Pizmak Void-Bound Voyager

after messing up with with some guns i finaly did create my own, but at the end its just a mix of 3 diffrent guns that i did find here. i hope somone will like it, and i hope that the forge of passionate gunsmiths its gona expanded more :

/spawnitem npcfloranassaultrifle 1 '{"shortdescription":"Orzech","level":10,"seed":30,"animationCustom":{"sounds":{"fire":["/sfx/gun/sniper1.ogg"]}},"primaryAbility":{"projectileType":"seed","baseDps":100,"projectileCount":13,"inaccuracy":0.13,"projectileParameters":{"speed":100,"power":1000,"knockback":10}},"altAbilityType":"homingrocket","altAbility":{"projectileType":"glowstatusprojectile","baseDps":0,"projectileCount":3,"cooldownTime":0,"energyUsage":45,"inaccuracy":0.1,"boostForce" : 0,"projectileParameters":{"speed":40}},"tooltipKind":"base"}'

11. MoonTyrant

MoonTyrant Void-Bound Voyager

Hello!, I was wondering if I could ask for a little bit of help completing something.
    I've been scouring several forums and Steam's mod list and come up dry.
    I'm trying to make a one-hand weapon with no sprite that fires the "plasmaball" projectile for a very short distance.
    My thought process is that it would be a 'pistol' type weapon with a projectile speed of less than 10 so it would hang out in front of the player for a second.
    I've got about 90% of it figured out, but I can't figure out how to make it invisible so it just looks like the projectile is coming from the avatar's hand.
    I'm trying to make a sorcerer build and thought that it would be a really cool melee alternative.

Here are a few mockups for reference.
    (I'm not married to any specific assets or values here, they are mostly just placeholders.)

/spawnitem ironrevolver 1 '{"shortdescription":"Magic Hand","level":10,"primaryAbility":{"projectileType":"plasmaball","baseDps":15,"inaccuracy":0,"energyUsage":15,"projectileParameters":{"speed":1,"power":15.5,"knockback":10}},"rarity":"legendary"}'

/spawnitem ironrevolver 1 '{"shortdescription":"Magic Hand","level":10,"primaryAbility":{"projectileType":"energyfist","baseDps":25,"inaccuracy":0,"energyUsage":30,"projectileParameters":{"speed":1,"power":15.5,"knockback":50}},"rarity":"legendary"}'