Modding Help Updating My Kira Mod

Discussion in 'Mods' started by p1nk13, Apr 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. p1nk13

p1nk13 Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, I need help updating my Kira mod, I'm updating it from an xnb mod to Content Patcher (and Custom Shirts for, well, the shirts).
    I got the graphics and bomb descriptions, but I'm having trouble with the json files.
    Can someone help? I'll give full credit!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    • putaytoe

putaytoe Void-Bound Voyager

I'd be willing to look over it and try to help, but would you be so kind as to either upload a springobjects file with only the stuff you've changed, or circle/point out in some way what all would be changed in the springobjects file by your mod? That would make it a lot easier for me personally ^^;;; if you don't mind.

EDIT: oh, wait, are the bombs the only thing edited in springobjects? if so, nevermind~ lol

EDIT again: OK, I set this up so that the mod's shirts replace the last 2 shirts based on the vanilla shirt xnb. It uses EditImage instead of Load, so if you're using another CP shirts file, it should edit whichever 2 shirts are in the same position as the vanilla last 2 shirts on the sheet, if that makes any sense.
      The bombs work for the description change, but if you're using this on a game where you already have learned the recipes, it looks like it won't change the bomb names. it should be fine on a new game or one where you haven't leveled up to learn the bomb recipes yet. I have this same problem in some recipe mods (where it changes vanilla recipe names for instance), so I don't know how to fix that/or if it's even fixable at this point.
      I edited a sprite of the cat's head so that the cursors file is changed when you have the cat from this mod as well, so when you pause and it shows your pet & horse's faces on the pause menu, it'll show the modded cat and not the default cat head. :3 I hope that this works for you and accomplishes what you wanted. Let me know if there are any problems! I ran it through some initial testing, but I'll admit I wasn't _that_ thorough, so I'll try and fix it if there's any problems you run into as a result!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
      • p1nk13

p1nk13 Void-Bound Voyager

The mod works well! Thanks! Is it ok to share the files you made in the the main thread? Like I said, I'll give full credit!

putaytoe likes this.
        • putaytoe

putaytoe Void-Bound Voyager

yeah, go ahead, and I'm glad it's working for you! :3 I'm happy to help~!