Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pikaa

pikaa Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you so much!!! Almost all of the dialogue mods I use were there! And I was able to figure out my portraits as well!

• pikaa

pikaa Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Since I've learned the basics of converting XNB mods to Content Patcher, I tried to create some myself!

Here's a Content Patcher version of Adarin's Girl Mod, including exrenkon's Shane Mod and Shadowrhyno's Female Shane Joja Mart sprites! I found it irritating that they were all separate and the Shane mods were only XNB, so I merged them myself!

Resources:
      Adarin's Original Girl Mod - https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/3582
      ZidanReign's Content Patcher version of the mod (used as a base) - https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2165
      exrenkon's Shane Mod - https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1946
      Shadowrhyno's Female Shane Joja Mart Sprites - https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1949

Attached Files:

• zmbie

zmbie Void-Bound Voyager

Would anyone be up for converting Sabreene's less yellow UI? I don't think they're around anymore, last I checked. Plus the current version of the mod is XNB replacing, so..

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

Link?

• Starain

Starain Orbital Explorer

• zmbie

zmbie Void-Bound Voyager

• taynahlimaa

taynahlimaa Aquatic Astronaut

I can't get the alternate fences to work. It only changes the gate. I've tried creating a config.json, changing the content.json, but it doesn't show in game. Help, please

• Chooseristic

Chooseristic Tentacle Wrangler

I need this too and thanks for your work.But I find there is an ExtraDecor in the fold but it seems useless...Is there a useful version of it?(Sorry for my poor English)

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@Chooseristic I'm not sure what you mean by useful version. The Extradecor is a custom tilesheet for the various farmhouse maps; although not all the items on it are used in these maps. The original author(taintedwheat) had a number of mods that all used the same custome tilesheets, if not exactly the same bits of them for any particular map.

• Chooseristic

Oh,I just want to know how to use it,such as the butterflies:D

• Natsu40

Natsu40 Void-Bound Voyager

May I ask if there are already an unofficial content patcher of Starblue Valley mod because I can't find its page in nexusmods.

• randomlybookish

randomlybookish Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yep! Starblue Valley has already been converted and updated for 1.3 and Content Patcher! It was a few pages back but you can also click this link.

• Natsu40

Natsu40 Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you very much for the information. ^-^

• Moragaine

@Chooseristic The items are applied when editing a map .tbin with Tiled. One of the pinned threads at the top of this forum deals with map editing for Stardew Valley, you can check there for more information. There's also the discord server for SdV that you can join, the modding channel there has several veteran map modders who could answer questions for you.

• Chooseristic

!!!!!!Thanks!(●'◡'●)ノ❤

Moragaine likes this.
                            • minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

Here is an officially sanctioned, unofficial update to A Toned Down Stardew Valley! Now configurable for interior changes only, so it is compatible with your favorite recolor right out of the box. Config options listed below, as always. I've also added a Farmhouse_tiles recolor, which was missing from the original mod. Please ask before using it else where, as some of the recoloring is my own work.

TownInteriorColor: "standard, white, warm, warmwhite"
                              InteriorOnly: "true, false"
                              TreesEnabled: "false, true"
                              BushesEnabled: "false, true"

All options default to the first value in the list. The exterior recolor is currently ONLY compatible with Eemie's Recolour and Flower Valley, as its base is Eemie's recolour. I may work on a version later that works with any other recolor.

Download link, as the file is too big for the server. - removed, new official version is here: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/4080

Thanks to hatmouse for converting the interior files to overlays and to SpringsSong for helping me test!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
                                Starain likes this.
                              • Kaunisenkeli

Kaunisenkeli Void-Bound Voyager

Hi. I'm having some problems converting my two mods to CP friendly versions.

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1605
                                This one is a simple dog reskin that works when I do an old fashioned XNB replace, but doesn't show up at all with any of the variations on the .json files I've tried. I've even tried the content.json file from dog reskin mods that I know work and no dice. Might it have something to do with my dog reskin being slightly transparent? I've seen dog reskins with an extra .json file, but I'm not sure if that's what I need.

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1612
                                This one is a recolor of another mod (that also included parts of another mod, and I was trying to get the two working together... it's so much easier these days with CP; note: I asked for permission from the original authors of both and got no reply from either, and neither has ever asked me to take this mod down). As serpentwined's furniture mod has already been converted to CP, I do need to go back in and alter those sections of the .png in farmhousetiles.xnb. When I've tried it as a CP, it doesn't work at all. When I tried it as an XNB replace, the bathroom works fine but the bed no longer allows my character to sleep.

If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
                                • AkaneSaikyo

AkaneSaikyo Void-Bound Voyager

• Moragaine

• maeru_maeru

maeru_maeru Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is gonna be a weird request, but does anyone know if there's a conversion for Eemie's Seasonal Victorian Flowers that removes the seasonality so that all flowers can be obtained from CJB Item Spawner in any season? There were two conversions of the seasonal mod in this thread that I tried editing myself, but to no avail...

UPDATE: See below, was able to make a Custom Furniture pack for the flowers.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
                                  Thread Status:
                                  Not open for further replies.