1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED FrackinUniverse 6.4.22

Enhance your starbound experience in every area. Massive mod.

1. Sonsalt

Sonsalt Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]

Getting this error since recently, after restarting the game 3-6 times it works... can't really figure out what it is, already reinstalled it...

2. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Your problem is not reading. You do not have a character extender installed, despite the main page clearly stating one is necessary.

Attached Files:

3. MeowingInsanely

MeowingInsanely Master Chief

Download problem
    How to fix network error when downloading zip from github? ;-;

4. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

get a better connection, I guess? I can't help with that, as it has nothing to do with me. I've never had issues with github.

5. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

Yeah.this mod will be like
    Compatible mods=Nothing
    In the future
    By time passes more good mods get incompatible

6. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

You do realize that some mod authors will make compatibility patches for FU right?

7. Enderax

Enderax Void-Bound Voyager

so, i saw alot of people playing frackin universe, well at 1st gland it works perfectly but when i tried playing it again it give me this Fatal Error message here [​IMG]and i need help, is it because something about it or maybe it need an update? let me know by voting the poll :poke:also i try to reinstall starbound but still get that

Attached Files:

8. FicklePickle

FicklePickle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Make sure you have xbawks installed, and also try running the 32bit mode.

Enderax likes this.
  9. Enderax

Enderax Void-Bound Voyager

oh yeah i just got it working now by installing xbawk, although i red it from other, thanks for trying to give me some solution anyways

10. SpaceDonkeyKong

SpaceDonkeyKong Subatomic Cosmonaut

In the current FU test version, converse.config.patch has a mistake that messes the config file up and causes NPCs to explode when talked to:
    At line 1953, the line
    Code:
     "path": "/converse/felin/", 
    should be
    Code:
     "path": "/converse/felin", 

11. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

12. cgkiwi777

cgkiwi777 Big Damn Hero

Does anyone have files for just the starbooze mod?

13. whydoineedtosignup

whydoineedtosignup Void-Bound Voyager

There is no clear information about how to properly upgrade a Frackin Universe install, at least not in the massive amount of comments that no reasonable person would sift through. I wish it said information about upgrading the version somewhere on the page.

14. Silverbane7

Silverbane7 Pangalactic Porcupine

That depends on whether you use the steam version with workshop mods or manually install the mods yourself really.
    Assuming of course when you say "upgrade" you mean to get the latest version of the mod installed.

I know that there are two files at the bottom of each of the GitHub update posts, and I personally use the zipped file version to update.
    What I do is I open my mods folder, move the current frakkin folder to a storage folder on my desktop. Then I unzip the newest zipped file into the mods folder. Run my game and play for a while. If nothing breaks or crashes I can then safely delete the older folder from its safe storage. I do it this way so I don't have to try to remember which was my last zip as I keep all my zipped mods to archive later. ( it can be a pain, but its great when older games become available as downloads etc and you still have mods and files for them. I recently found an old CD with a few dungeon siege mods that still read, which was great as many of those old sieglets are no longer available for downloading.)

Hope this may be of use to you, whydoineedtosignup :)

whydoineedtosignup likes this.
  15. pyro000

pyro000 Void-Bound Voyager

16. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Hey, me too. I got the same problem. Once I installed the latest version of FU, the game always fail to start after the "Protectorate" icon loading screen.

Edit:
    Nope, nevermind. I fix it. I erase all of the file in the storage, except the universe and player file, and it fix everything. I can now play it.

@pyro000, maybe you want to try it. It only reset your settings.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  17. stardusk9

stardusk9 Big Damn Hero

does research tree affect my gameplay?
    i saw an option to unlock carbon alloy but its already unlocked from carbon, so it does nothing at all?

18. Unkalibriert

Unkalibriert Big Damn Hero

There is a unique weapon named "Kyle" that is described as a dagger type weapon in the tooltip while beeing a ranged weapon (it shoots darts as projectiles). It's item name is "sniperknife2". Not sure if this is intentional or not.

I found another enemy that sends me back to my shipworld in version 5.6.291, which has been present in earlier versions as well and is not listed on the changelog of 5.6.292. I think they are called Flintlings. These spawn on volcanic worlds. They sometimes spin while not moving and result in the teleporting error.

screenshot of the enemy in the wild: https://i.imgur.com/mgfkYDY.jpg
    log: https://pastebin.com/v7iz3p7N

19. FicklePickle

FicklePickle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The research tree does nothing for now, AFAIK.

20. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time