Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

Apologies if these were already done and I'm just dumb/blind:

Anthro Children - Cats: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/503

Would like a config allowing me to pick between all three options, whether overall or mix + match; my brain shorted out trying to do it myself. >w<;;;;

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    • StormyMulls

StormyMulls Orbital Explorer

Hey guys, not able to find it here so sorry if it has already been done. Anyone able to make/find a CP of this Witch Kitchen/Bed/Crib mod?
      https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1375?tab=description
      It's something so simple but it just adds that extra bit of aesthetic and it messed up after downloading the CP for the Bathroom after 2nd House Upgrade.
      Many thanks <3

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
      • Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@StormyMulls I did a conversion for you, but it's a little hacky since I figured you wanted to keep using both mods. The file includes a new content.json for the Bathroom after 2nd House Upgrade mod that you'll need to put in that folder. For the Witch mod there is a config file allowing you to pick either the pink or the purple version.

Attached Files:

• FeebleKile

FeebleKile Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having an issue with the greenhouse, its not changing it, the config file says enabled but in smapi its says "Ignored Tudor-Style Farmhouses > entry #2 (EditImage Buildings/houses): the When field is invalid: invalid GreenhouseReplace condition: invalid values (true); expected one of enabled, disabled."

Solution?

• Moragaine

@FeebleKile What version of Content Patcher are you using? If you aren't using the most recent try updating it and see if it fixes the problem..

• FeebleKile

@Moragaine I'm using version 1.6.5 which I believe is the latest version

• Moragaine

@FeebleKile Okay, I see what he did wrong(I downloaded the mod to look at it). In the conten.json you need to change the line: "GreenhouseReplace": "true", to "GreenhouseReplace" : "enabled", and that should fix it. Any good text editing software(Notetab Light, Notepad ++) will let you edit .json files. (I asked about the version of CP because the When tokens are relatively new.)

• FeebleKile

@Moragaine Ah, thank you! That worked, thanks for your help and time

Moragaine likes this.
                  • StormyMulls

StormyMulls Orbital Explorer

Thank you so much! You're much more clever than me haha

Edit - I still can't get it to change, is it just the 1 content file I need to change then add the mod? Also had the same trouble trying to use the bathroom recolours, I can't get any mod to override the 2nd House Upgrade one. I might just be being super dumb somewhere

Edit 2 - Okay, turns out I was just being a big dumb and using the wrong version of the CP for the Bathroom. Thanks again for doing that for me! You're a hero <3

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
                      Moragaine likes this.
                    • SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

Attached Files:

• FloraFern

FloraFern Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Finally learned how to convert xnb replacers for content patcher and thought maybe someone else will find these useful as well!

Boots Recolor (No options)
                      Gwen's Improved Horses
                      Config options:
                      - Horse: Grey, Brown, Vanilla, White
                      - Saddle: Blue, Green, Pink, Vanilla ​

Attached Files:

Starain likes this.
                      • nnyeon

nnyeon Void-Bound Voyager

• Moragaine

• nnyeon

nnyeon Void-Bound Voyager

ty!!

Moragaine likes this.
                        • schnln01

schnln01 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
                        • breeze6264

breeze6264 Space Hobo

hey how would i go about installing this mod?

• Moragaine

@breeze6264 You'll need to have Smapi installed(for any SdV modding) and Content Patcher installed for this type of Mod. Just unzip the package to the Mods folder in your SdV folder and you're good to go. There's a config to choose how many beds the fully upgraded farmhouse in the children's bedroom if you so desire.

• pikaa

pikaa Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi! I started trying to convert some of my xnb mods to Content Patcher last night, however there's a few I'm stuck on. Do any of you know how I would convert dialogue and portrait mods to Content Patcher? I have a vague idea for the portraits, but without the full sprite sheets for the portraits I use, I'm not completely sure if it would work. I'm completely blank on dialogue. Thanks!

(I can also provide links to the specific mods if need be!)

• Moragaine

@pikaa First off, you can check the list here to see if any have been done already. Second, portraits are seperate from the character sprite sheet, so you just need the same 'set' of portraits that a character has(the set being made up of the different emotions a character uses). Dialog mods translate nicely to content packs, although they're a bit more work; I don't have a link handy, but you can probably google a good tutorial of how to make a CP dialog mod.

• EnekoChii

EnekoChii Void-Bound Voyager

Thread Status:
                                Not open for further replies.