1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Missing Spouse Afternoon Dialogue

Discussion in 'Support' started by lillicht, Apr 14, 2019.

1. lillicht

lillicht Yeah, You!

So, normally for your spouse you'd get 3 dialogue prompts (where your cursor changes to the chat bubble). Once in the morning, once in the afternoon, and once at night, right? Well everything was running smoothly until a little bit after getting married (maybe 1~2 years?) I stopped getting the dialogue prompt for afternoon altogether. I wouldn't do anything in particular, it just acts as if there's no new dialogue for that time slot.
    Occasionally I do get the afternoon dialogue, but it's random and I don't really know when I do.
    I'm not sure if it happens to all my game files, as this is the only file where I'm married. It is a solo file, and my spouse is Sebastian.
    Does anyone know of this bug, or how to fix it? Or, is it possibly too late to fix?
    Please and thanks in advance. ; ;

• Pookis

Pookis Orbital Explorer

Are you still at full hearts? If so are you in a 8 or more heart relationship with any other marriage cannidate?

• lillicht

lillicht Yeah, You!

Yes, 13/12 hearts and no, I don't have more than 8 with any other marriage candidate, nor have I given any bouquet to the other candidates either.

• Pookis

Pookis Orbital Explorer

I did some research and it seems to be a bug that happened in the latest patch, pretty sure its being worked on currently. Something with them changing dialogue for multiplayer but not adding it back for single player.

lillicht likes this.
          • lillicht

lillicht Yeah, You!

Oh, I see. Thank you for doing the research!
            Do you think you have any links you could provide so I can go see as well? I actually did my own research but I didn't seem to find any results that pertained to my circumstance actually... I'm very interested to know about this glitch.
            I really do hope ConcernedApe fixes this, I really enjoy character dialogue!