WIP Marriageable Animal Parade Wizard

Discussion in 'Characters' started by foggywizard, Nov 3, 2018.

1. foggywizard

foggywizard Big Damn Hero

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm not thrilled with Rasmodius. He's rude, rough...not at all my type. However, there is a wizard that is. This is my project to bring the polite, quiet man from Animal Parade into Stardew Valley, as a full character replacement to the wizard. Not just the sprites and portraits, but personality, gift taste, dialogue, events...anything and everything I can manage, really. And, as a bonus, he will be marriageable (unsure if should be configurable or not). Update: Wizard's Sprites finished! Next up is his portraits.
    Gale Spritesheet Sample.png
    Input is always appreciated, and I will take requests into consideration (no promises though, the limit is what I can do with Content Patcher and TMX).

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
      Medicell, sh4d0wpl4y, pietray and 3 others like this.
    • foggywizard

I finished his first portrait! Now I've only got the rest of his portraits to do.:DD
      WizardPortSample.png

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
        Medicell, EbonyMachelle and pietray like this.
      • EbonyMachelle

EbonyMachelle Void-Bound Voyager

Looks great cant wait till this mod is finished

• foggywizard

Portraits are done! Now I can finally focus on my favourite part of this, the dialogue and event coding! :3
          WizPortExample.png

Medicell and breatemata like this.
          • Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

is there any way to have this npc replace shane instead? that guy gets on every other nerve i have

• foggywizard

Not really, unfortunately. Wizard isn’t a good Shane replacer because there’s no good way to shoehorn him into Shane’s position. He lives by himself in his source game, and is kind of a loner. I’ll be looking into adding him as a separate from the Wizard add-on character at a later date (he’s referenced as being Rasmodius’s apprentice in the replacer version, so making him his own character doesn’t really make much of a difference), but that doesn’t really solve your needing Shane to go away. I can come up with a solution to Shane to leave the game, once SMAPI 2.9 comes out, but I can’t say you, or anyone else, will like the solution...

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

fair, shane lives at the bar so it would make sense a loner wouldn't be into that

ah, well the thing is i cannot update my game until all of my mandatory mods(the ones i can't enjoy the game without) are all updated or replaced so unfortunately that wouldn't work so well. frankly though just getting rid of him altogether would be fine at this point. he is nasty and toxic and his perpetual dolour only invokes pity and mild disgust at this point(especially after the creep made me drink with him)

• LiveWireGoth

LiveWireGoth Void-Bound Voyager

I've been hoping for this for a long time, I started on making my own sprites edit(well kind of only the sprite edits) for him but didn't get very far(only have portraits & kind of went on to work on other things)

Glad to see someone else doing Animal Parade Wizard stuff too. Look forward to seeing this in-game when the mod is ready, I like how the sprite art looks

• LiveWireGoth

I dunno why but I imagine some possible dialog for when the baby comes(at least for the female player option), at one point when in the clinic to give birth Wizard mentions he'd use his magic to help only to get pushed away & forced to sit in the waiting room. All I can imagine is when wizard talks about the baby being on the way he mention he'll use his magic to help with the baby so the female player won't have to be scared about the delivery. Then the only comment about the baby finally being here the day after the baby comes at night he comments on how the doctor made him leave the room instead of letting him help.(Though no one that was involved with magic like the witch, the sprites & technically the player took him seriously in HPAP but take the wizard in SDV seriously kind of here)

• foggywizard

I'm afraid my skills for coding aren't *that* good. I'm quite stuck on figuring out how to make him tell fortunes properly. I have an idea, but no idea how to get it going without 50 different entries.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
                        LiveWireGoth likes this.
                      • LiveWireGoth

Yeah that sounds hard to figure out, probably why I haven't so far tried to figuring out how to make mods