Farmhouse Basement Mod for Content Patcher

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Moragaine, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Gypsea

Gypsea Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Love the edits you're doing! I figured it would be something like that. The restored w/ bathroom, last file on the right at the top with the non-beta SV (1.3.28). I also have 41 other mods installed, so I was hoping maybe it was a conflict, quick fix.
    With not being able to edit it post-build and all my other rooms being pastel colors, it probably wouldn't fit in. I think my OCD brain just wanted the squared off layout :catconfused:

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

A lot of my screencaps have recolors running in them; I'm mostly using 'A Toned Down Stardew Valley' right now - I like the darker, warmer wood tones. The base mod has a blue bathroom.

• Gypsea

Gypsea Scruffy Nerf-Herder

All the mods i'm runnin', not that you asked.
        I only bought SDV 4 days ago, so sleep has become non-existent as I discover all the incredible intricacies of this game.

Attached Files:

Bubblebeam likes this.
        • Moragaine

I checked with folks on the SdV discord and they confirmed that if 2 player characters marry, they do not get a spouse room - that's only for when you marry an npc.

Gypsea likes this.
          • Moragaine

Trying to improve the disparity between the first upgrade and the second: FarmHouse1.png

Gypsea likes this.
            • gingerbair

gingerbair Void-Bound Voyager

So I originally downloaded this mod from the nexus, but apparently it hasn't been updated for 1.3 there, so it's causing my character to go to sleep but not actually end the day until I leave the bed and walk out the front door. Thankfully this was here! I'm hoping this fixes that bug, but before I unzip everything, I was a little confused because it doesn't look like the orginial mod file in the new zip.

Everything in the screenshot is from the original mod's file, apart from your zip. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: nvm, took a chance and just got rid of the files from the original zip and put yours in their place, and everything seems to work perfectly. I don't even have to walk out the front door to end the day anymore! Thank you so much for keeping this mod updated :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
              • Moragaine

Yay! I'm glad to hear that it's working now. And you usually do have to remove the older version of a mod to get the newer one to work correctly. I'll actually be posting the new version to Nexus when I'm done tinkering with it.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
                • Moragaine

Has anyone one been experiencing errors with these versions since 1.3.32 went to stable?

• valkryeloyd14

valkryeloyd14 Aquatic Astronaut

its working fine thanks for the great mod!
                    i playing with my friends they didnt get the bathroom and cellar only mine and i felt guilt lol can u make it appears in multiplayer? that would be great :nuruhappy:

• Moragaine

Alas, it's a Content Patcher mod and as such it only changes local files; i.e. the ones in your game.. But now I'm wondering if/how to do cabins..?

• valkryeloyd14

valkryeloyd14 Aquatic Astronaut

ah ic
                        ,add more assets for the cabins perhaps ?i look at the content maps folder and cabins also had this same xnb with the farm house
                        but idk dont mind me im not a modder i dont even have a clue to convert CP files lol :catlol:

• Moragaine

Current progression for the farmhouse:
                          Basic_FarmHouse.png
                          Just a stove and bathroom for the basic farmhouse.
                          Upgrade gets a bit of basement:
                          First_FarmHouse.png
                          Trying to balance the amount of space you get when you upgrade.
                          Second_FarmHouse.png
                          Second upgrade still looks out of proportion on the top..
                          I've also started working on cabin upgrades - they look very similar to the farmhouse, except for the multi-player chests.

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

why not have the bathroom come out from the bottom of the kitchen? if it is the small bathroom it might fit

• Moragaine

I have the basements set up so that you can upgrade your house and not worry about moving anything in the basement when you do.

• Moragaine

@asmothstotheflame Here are the files for your recolor, instructions in the zip:

Attached Files:

• asmothstotheflame

asmothstotheflame Scruffy Nerf-Herder

As always, your kindness is appreciated Moragaine! I'm excited to use it! Thank yyyooouuu!

• Moragaine

I haven't forgotten cabins, either.

• Moragaine

Also, one final file: Farmhouse Basement All-in-One! All the versions(except Colors) in one file with a config to allow you to change between all the different options.

Attached Files:

• strawberry420

strawberry420 Intergalactic Tourist

hi! what mod is this?? i really like that furniture

• Moragaine

@strawberry420 It looks like a personal compilation; I see some Yellog's in there; a couple things from MysticTempest's furniture; the rugs I don't recognize, tho.. If you try @ing them, perhaps they could give you a list.

strawberry420 likes this.