Dev Blog Starbound on the Discord Store

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Katzeus, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Yeah, I totally agree with that.
    Well, for this one, I am not hoping that will happen. No hard feeling.

2. gameboytj

gameboytj Ketchup Robot

I'm going to guess that they are doing what the devs of Savage Lands did and are silent until they can do an update. Which i personally do not like because it leaves us in the dark.
    But, time will tell what will happen?

3. ShadowFang88

ShadowFang88 Tentacle Wrangler

I guess that would be one way to put it. The "soon tm" once popularized by blizzard has been adapted to all it seems. lol.

4. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

Last time they did that they pissed off the whole community.

5. Kaimando

Kaimando Title Not Found

Devs: We'll tell you about an update as soon™ as possible!

Community: We'll call you when the pitchfork stand's going to be open! Also soon™!

That's pretty much how people reacted back then. And right now? We won't even care 'bout pitchforks. We'll just wait and give them the disappointed look.

VuesaMerced and MrsGuu like this.
  6. lordbociek

lordbociek Pangalactic Porcupine

Can`t You just forget Starbound? devs has, and what about you ?,

7. Kaimando

Kaimando Title Not Found

Will you forget your children after raising them all those years? I'm playing starbound Since Koala versions! Hence why me being stuck to the game is a thing. I've spent too much life being addicted to it to leave it be! :p

8. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

Yeah sure jump in here and say that to people that have been waiting for years, now thats really ''helpfull and considerate'' of you mister.

How about you mind your own business.

DragonsForce, Ankali and gameboytj like this.
  9. ZeusKCDC

ZeusKCDC Big Damn Hero

:nurusad: I don't care how many times this has been said, I am ready to play this with a controller on Xbox. Take me back to Koala again and lets rebuild on the console with some early access, maybe? I just want to play it with my kids.

ZOD4X likes this.
  10. Kaimando

Kaimando Title Not Found

pssssssssst

Get them a mid-range pc or laptooooop and get the version rollede back on steaaaaam

PC master raceeeeeeee........ *fades out*

11. Lintton

Lintton Guest

I sure miss being able to build in a small colony of space asteroids...

ZOD4X likes this.
  12. MidgetLover

MidgetLover Scruffy Nerf-Herder

damn, at this point I think we are going to have TF2's Heavy Update sooner than a SB update, how someone manages to be more unprofessional than Valve delivering updates?

13. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Something tells me there isn't even a starbound team at the moment. Why else would they be hiring and consistently vague about the updates after originally having ports on the cusp of being done? It's sad that only once that is done were they thinking about 1.4's updates, now we are just left spitballing at what 1.4 might be, if it ever comes. It puts everyone in a bad position, from the modders that would have to update, to the fans expecting news, to the devs having the most broadest of promises and still not being able to deliver.

14. Nazja

Nazja Pangalactic Porcupine

I wonder whether they regret not simply having given us the Bounty Hunter update. It couldn't have been worse than this...

15. ShadowFang88

ShadowFang88 Tentacle Wrangler

I still think the theme of bounty hunting fit the picture of being a part of the protectorate rather than being a tact-on feature in thought.

16. Kaimando

Kaimando Title Not Found

Coming to think of it- the Protectorate would've taken their "cut" of your work... about 60% as they'd be the ones giving you work and ability to do that legally, also you wouldn't be allowed to bring them dead most of the time.

The aspect of bounty huntin's not that bad at all for Starbound. We have the bounty hunter guy already and his farmer-baker-widowmaker quest way back on Giraffe.
    What I'd have done differently, is that synthwave menu to be Starbound oriented rather than in a new theme. That'd make it feel less "put in for fun" . Also ALL of the updates if they'd even have a quest-line for them. That'd be a good and a lore-friendly thing then. It could explain a bit what and why something has happened, and also it'd give a less tacked on vibe to put them in between other quests!

You bet they do!

17. ZOD4X

ZOD4X Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Something is better than nothing devs. I know your reading what we're saying. Answer us... take the good with the bad because what I see is people holding on to the same thing. It doesn't matter how someone Expresses they're feelings, this game is what keeps us coming back...

Kaimando and General Nuclear like this.
  18. Kaimando

Kaimando Title Not Found

AMEN-TO-THAT!

Literally. Chucklefish, Respond for christ's sake. It's been far too long and we won't be mad my dudes! It's all 'cause we 'care 'bout our favourite studio!

ZOD4X and gameboytj like this.
  19. ElainaLycan

ElainaLycan Tentacle Wrangler

Nothing but Radio Silence. Some of us don't even want an update, just information that it's coming.

20. MrsGuu

MrsGuu Phantasmal Quasar

A short informationen will be nice..