Modding Discussion Migrating XNB mods to Content Patcher packs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowPaprika

ShadowPaprika Void-Bound Voyager

@Moragaine Thanks for the reply, it worked perfectly! :up:

Moragaine likes this.
    • laidback90

laidback90 Void-Bound Voyager

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@laidback90 That mod required Custom Crops, so if it migrates anywhere, it will be to Json Assets - which replaced Custom Crops. I would suggest checking to see if it's included here: Eemie's Crops for Json Assets. Good hunting!

• foxwire

foxwire Yeah, You!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
      • Anastazi

Anastazi Void-Bound Voyager

• laidback90

laidback90 Void-Bound Voyager

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

@laidback90 I haven't used Json Assets yet, but I suggest you try posting on the page for that mod; Paradigmnomad is very helpful when it comes to such problems.

• coldazrael

coldazrael Existential Complex

@ShadowPaprika
          I'm glad you figured it out ;) sorry I didn't pay attention on forums these days

-----------
          anyways, the conversion has been updated for 1.3.36 compatibility

ShadowPaprika likes this.
          • gwynsyl

gwynsyl Big Damn Hero

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
          • Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

hatmouse likes this.
          • hatmouse

hatmouse Subatomic Cosmonaut

Attached Files:

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

I would suggest including a link to your SMAPI log in a comment on the mod page. It's extremely difficult to troubleshoot JA and CP packs without the log included.

• Tirazi

Tirazi Void-Bound Voyager

I'm so sorry to reply to such an old thread, but if it's possible would you mind converting the "Sebastian Copy5" version? It's my favourite out of the options, and I would love to have it in my game. It would be greatly appreciated!

• AkaneSaikyo

AkaneSaikyo Void-Bound Voyager

• minervamaga

Can you clarify which one you want converted? There are a lot of mods listed there and none of them called "Sebastian Copy5" that I can see.

• Tirazi

Tirazi Void-Bound Voyager

It's for the Sebastian is a Ginger mod. The file named "Ginger Sebby Necklace and Black Shirt". In the images section of the post it's called Sebastian Copy5. I thought the file would be named the same. Sorry!

• Andistic

Andistic Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Converted echoii's Children Mod (original here) to CP.

The OC is welcomed to take it and post it to their official pages. Contact me if you wish for it to be removed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
                      Medicell likes this.
                    • ShadowPaprika

ShadowPaprika Void-Bound Voyager

I gave it a go at trying to fix the messed up lines in the lockers and I think I actually managed it. Here's the fixed files in case someone wants to use them too.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
                        dxhn, Amber840, EPTheFish and 2 others like this.
                      • minervamaga

Here are both mods. Both are configurable, options listed below. Shout out to D Grey for the original conversion of Melkat's Sebastian is a Ginger.

Melkat's Sebastian Edits - Config options
                        • HairColor - accepts "ginger" or "black", defaults to ginger
                        • ShirtStyle - accepts "blackShirt", "greenShirt", "vNeck", or "standard". Defaults to blackShirt
                        • NecklaceWithBlackShirt - "true" or "false". Only affects the regular black shirt sprite.
                        Prettier Small Farm - Config options
                        • ReplaceWhichFarm - accepts "standard", "riverland", "forest", "hilltop", or "combat". Defaults to standard.

Attached Files:

Tirazi and Starain like this.
                        • hatmouse

hatmouse Subatomic Cosmonaut

>> Unofficial Starblue Valley Update by mouse with contributions from dreew <<

Lita was working on an overhaul of Starblue Valley for the big 1.3 update, but disappeared one day before finishing up and releasing. After it had been almost a year since The Vanishing, I posted my rewrite of the last shared WIP with some fixes for 1.3 in the Nexus comments and have since been maintaining there, which is not ideal. There's things in the official Nexus download that just won't work, so I will maintain it here for people to hopefully find.

Updates include a much skinnier json file, various config options, seasonal world maps, automagic working translations by dropping in translation files, fix for Pam's house and some color matching to fix new 1.3+ content :)

Config options (always defaults to the first option):
                          • Mailbox: true, false (in case you want to use something like eemie's)
                          • Oak Trees: pink, green
                          • Maple Trees: green, white
                          • Pine Trees: Pine, spruce
                          • Grass: true, false (the spreadable grass that animals eat)
                          • WorldMap: true, false (doesn't need to be false for NPCMapLocations, but you might want to use someone else's custom map)
                          • GroundUnderBowl: default, dirt, grass, void, darkgrass (niche last-ditch compatibility option for pet bowl -- more below)
                          • ForeverPink: false,true (pink oaks in Spring, Summer, and Fall, regardless of option above -- requested)
                          Original mod: Starblue Valley by strangelyliteral (not needed for update, but download and endorse! )

.13 fixed 4 corners on world map and hoedirt (also disabling when NPC Map Locations is installed had disappeared? fixed)
                          .12 1.4 compatibility update, + another pet bowl option
                          .8 just fixes the world map not disabling itself when NPC Map Locations is in use.
                          .7 primarily addresses the tilesheets appearing vanilla in the intro by targeting spring specifically in addition to the whole seasons group.ForeverPink and GroundUnderBowl added. GroundUnderBowl should see little use, since compatibility files are usually provided by the mapmaker, but just as a last resort for compatibility you can experiment with changing the tile under the bowl to be Starblue dirt or grass, or remove the under-tiles altogether and see if it helps. It will just depend on the map.

(Also changed the default color of Oaks to be pink to match the screenshots. They were the "The very definitely absolutely correct version." after all :p )

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
                          Thread Status:
                          Not open for further replies.