1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

The Gunsmith's Weaponry

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by D.M.G., Dec 18, 2016.

1. Darkclaws

Darkclaws Void-Bound Voyager

I made this it is basically a lag machine unless used in the ocean
    /spawnitem adaptablecrossbow 1 '{"elementalType":"electric","primaryAbility":{"scripts":["/items/active/weapons/ranged/gunfire.lua"],"class":"GunFire","fireTime":0.5,"baseDps":"800","energyUsage":"0","inaccuracy":8,"projectileCount":100,"fireType":"auto","projectileType":"woodenbolt","projectileParameters":{"knockback":20},"stances":{"idle":{"armRotation":0,"weaponRotation":0,"twoHanded":true,"allowRotate":true,"allowFlip":true},"fire":{"duration":0,"armRotation":5,"weaponRotation":5,"twoHanded":true,"allowRotate":false,"allowFlip":false},"cooldown":{"duration":0.25,"armRotation":5,"weaponRotation":5,"twoHanded":true,"allowRotate":false,"allowFlip":false}}}}'

2. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Welp, thank you o:
    I never would have thought peeps would continue posting here xD

3. Jace_Malcom

Jace_Malcom Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, I really love this so far, but recently since I've started shifting my playstyle to shields, and really love the appearance of the riot shields, however since I love to use machine pistols, I'd love to know how to modify the damage it can absorb. I've played around with a few things, but nothing i do seems to be able to work enough to be able to spawn in anything, although I've only been using the basic weapons modifiers, Short description and level to start, but after that i'm not sure what I should go with. I'd love any insight you have, but thank you in advance.

EDIT: I just now noticed that you replied to my homing launcher, I'm so sorry I didn't reply sooner. I honestly would be fine with it firing anything, the idea of a 1 handed homing launcher is just really cool.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  4. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Welp, the thing is, I don't quite understand how the shields work when it comes to JSOn, it's sommfink I've never dabbled with. I'll take a look ^^
    Just keep in mind that it has been a long time since I really dove in JSON, so I may not be able to provide an answer

Jace_Malcom likes this.
  5. Jace_Malcom

Jace_Malcom Void-Bound Voyager

Alright, thank you. I'll play around some more with it, see if I can't learn anything.

6. fernworrier

fernworrier Giant Laser Beams

you would not believe how long i was looking for this topic because i was looking for this weapon.

/spawnitem rarerocketlauncher 1 '{"shortdescription":"Warship Machinegun","level":10,"seed":3631,"description":"An adapted warship heavy machinegun","rarity":"legendary","elementalType":"electric","primaryAbility":{"projectileType":"plasmasweep","fireTime":0.0001,"baseDps":1000000000000,"knockback":10,"projectileParameters":{"speed":999999999999999999,"power":100000,"knockback":10}},"altAbilityType":"piercingshot","altAbility":{"projectileType":"shortbeam","baseDps":100000000000,"projectileCount":3,"cooldownTime":0,"energyUsage":15,"inaccuracy":0.07,"boostForce" : 0,"projectileParameters":{"speed":8000}},"tooltipKind":"base"}' i was looking for it so i can do the mining dungon from vannila game play because the boss lags me to the point that i need to shut the game down. with fracken unvirse i can kill it with this gun.

7. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Oh? Glad it was useful ^^

8. fernworrier

by the nine it was. it was litterly drop into boss room and 1 shot the crystal to death.

9. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Well, looking back, it certainly isn't balanced at all xD
    But it was fun to make

10. fernworrier

lol i know. but hopefully i won't have need for it around the 8'th due to getting my new computer finnaly fixed all up.

11. SparkiGames

SparkiGames Void-Bound Voyager

Hi! I was wondering if you could make a iron revolver thats as strong as the warship machinegun (unless you already did something like it)

12. Flaxxor

Flaxxor Void-Bound Voyager

Hello idk if you still look at this post but could you make that "iris skull blade" bur using the Violium Broadsword?

13. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

/spawnitem ironrevolver 1 '{"shortdescription":"Lethal Beanshooter","level":10,"seed":3,"animationCustom":{"sounds":{"fire":["/sfx/gun/sniper2.ogg"]}},"primaryAbility":{"projectileType":"plasmasweep","baseDps":100,"projectileCount":2,"inaccuracy":0,"projectileParameters":{"speed":919,"power":1000,"knockback":8}}}'

I guess that may do? ^^

Actually that is sommfink you can do yourself very easily: just replace the rarebroadsword with violiumbroadsword
    I cannot ensure it'll work very well though

14. Flaxxor

Flaxxor Void-Bound Voyager

I'm new in this kind of things I tried it but it didn't work haha but ty anyway :3

15. SparkiGames

SparkiGames Void-Bound Voyager

thx I like to be novakid alot and one of them was a sheriff or something so I wanted a strong revolver to match

16. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

I'll take a deeper look into it in a few days, so stay put ^^

17. Darkclaws

Darkclaws Void-Bound Voyager

I want to make an ixodoom claw broadsword with rising slash but idk how or if its possible
    edit:I used a generator and it seems impaooible

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  18. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Welp, this is sommfink that is possible, but not by using basic JSON like I do
    You'll have to dive deeper into JSON if you wanna do that, I'm afraid ^^

19. Jellyman

Jellyman Phantasmal Quasar

Im back with another request :D
    Get me a squirt gun that fires lava

20. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Welp, I can do that, but you'll need FU to make it work correctly