Modding Help Updating mods for Stardew Valley 1.3 [CLOSED]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Apr 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maeru_maeru

maeru_maeru Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Bumping this because Undare just released the update to Jewelcraft and it does indeed work! Just make sure to copy over the 3 CFR folders AND the JA folder into the Machines folder of CustomFarmingRedux.

• GrimmFlowers

GrimmFlowers Void-Bound Voyager

I have absolutely no idea if this actually relevantly goes here, but Kisekae's SMAPI 3.0 update isn't registering on my game. It keeps telling me it's not a SMAPI mod and that there's no .json (which there is). like jkdfhgdfgfd i just want to get my furry mod to work correctly;;

• netish

netish Void-Bound Voyager

are you using the official one or the unofficial one from pathoschild? cause if you are using the official one that's the problem use this one instead...

• LashelleValentine

LashelleValentine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

• Yurixa

Yurixa Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, I have recent troubles with my Stardew Valley modding, and I have tried deleting and reinstalling many of the apps, but it keeps crashing once I open my inventory. Anyone can help me figure out how to fix this? Do I need to delete and reinstall all the mods?

Here is my smapi log:
          https://log.smapi.io/pV4dX8T2

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

It seems to be an invalid item crashing the menu. It can be fixed with save editing; if you'd like some help, drop into the SDV Discord #modding channel and we'll give you a hand!

• Yurixa

Thank you very much! :3c :cathug: I will drop by shortly.

• netish

So first off you have some redundant mods - No fence decay is already an option in CJB Cheats menu, also there is a water all option in CJB Cheats menu as well (the second tab) although it isn't auto but you might want to just use that instead of Auto Water. You will have a conflict between Better Ranching and Loved Labels since Better Ranching includes a popup on whether the animals still needs pets - I would suggest Animal Social Menu if you want to check animals' need for pets from anywhere. Since you are using UI Info Suite you don't need Simple Crop Laber, NPC Map Location, and Experience Bars as their effects are already included. The UI Info Suite also shows range display, but only when placing the item (scarecrow, beehouse, etc.) so you only need Range Display mod if you want to be able to toggle seeing their ranges or hover over with a button to see ranges without picking them up.

You also potentially have conflicts with your character specific dialogue overhauls, dokidoki overhauls, and cannon friendly dialogue overhaul.
                Your mods Better Ranching and Multiplayer Emotes will also be breaking soon, FYI. You might want to consider Animal Husbandry instead of Better Ranching.
                The following mods are outdated:

(Recolored) Primitve Artisan Equipment 1.1: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/940
                23:14:31 ALERT SMAPI Ace Expanded Cellars Eemie 4.5: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1463
                23:14:31 ALERT SMAPI Clint Narrative Overhaul 1.1: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1067
                23:14:31 ALERT SMAPI Demetrius Narrative Overhaul 1.1: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1120
                23:14:31 ALERT SMAPI Gus Narrative Overhaul 1.0.1: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1144
                23:14:31 ALERT SMAPI Linus Narrative Overhaul 2.0: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1488
                23:14:31 ALERT SMAPI Marnie Narrative Overhaul 1.1.1: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1192
                23:14:31 ALERT SMAPI Seasonal Villager Outfits for ContentPatcher 1.2.10: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2449
                23:14:31 ALERT SMAPI Willy Narrative Overhaul 1.1: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1047

ShanesNewDialogues needs to have the version in the manifest changed from 1 to 1.0 to properly refer to the mod and check for updates.

Your actual first problem is:
                Multiple mods want to provide the 'LooseSprites\map' asset (Content Patcher, NPC Map Locations), but an asset can't be loaded multiple times. SMAPI will use the default asset instead; uninstall one of the mods to fix this.

I believe if you just uninstall the mods I mentioned above that will fix your error as NPC Map Locations is one of your redundant mods.
                You also have the errors:
                An error occured in the base update loop: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                at getDescription_Patch1(Object )
                at StardewValley.Menus.InventoryMenu.hover(Int32 x, Int32 y, Item heldItem) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\InventoryMenu.cs:line 358
                at StardewValley.Menus.InventoryPage.performHoverAction(Int32 x, Int32 y) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\InventoryPage.cs:line 362
                at StardewValley.Menus.GameMenu.performHoverAction(Int32 x, Int32 y) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\GameMenu.cs:line 237
                at StardewValley.Game1.updateActiveMenu(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 2795
                at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 2376 at Update_Patch1(Object gameTime, GameTime )
                (This repeats 237 times.)

This error I'm not 100% sure of, but it looks like a conflict while trying to load your menu and hover over certain things.
                The CJBItemSpawner.Framework.ItemMenu menu crashed while drawing itself. SMAPI will force it to exit to avoid crashing the game.
                System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                at getDescription_Patch1(Object )
                at CJBItemSpawner.Framework.ItemMenu.draw(SpriteBatch spriteBatch) in C:\source\_Stardew\Mods.CJBok\CJBItemSpawner\Framework\ItemMenu.cs:line 365
                at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.DrawImpl(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 1664

This error is due to a sprite conflict in your menu.

An error occured in the overridden draw loop: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
                at getDescription_Patch1(Object ) at StardewValley.Menus.Toolbar.draw(SpriteBatch b) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\Toolbar.cs:line 202
                at StardewValley.Game1.drawHUD() in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 12095
                at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.DrawImpl(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 1550
                at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Draw(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 952

This error is similar to the previous where there is a error in creating the menu properly due to image/sprite conflicts.

CONCLUSION
                1) Remove No Fence Decay, Simple Crop Laber, NPC Map Location, and Experience Bars
                2) Remove Loved Labels and consider replacing Better Ranching with Animal Husbandry and/or Animal Social Menu
                3) Consider whether you need Range Display
                4) Fix ShanesNewDialogue manifest
                5) Either fix yourself, get help fixing, or remove some of your Dialogue overhauls that conflict.
                6) Update mods I listed.
                7) Try loading again and if you still crash/get errors return and upload your new SMAPI log.

• netish

>_> someone already posted before I finished my post

• Yurixa

Thank you very much for your help and I very much appreciate it, but I have fixed it with the people over SDV Discord, and it was my XNB loader that caused the problem!

But the many of the concerns you've brought up is very valid, and I shall remove some of the mods highlighted! (Though I'd prefer to keep the auto water, a few other mods because they worked well together before this uwu I was aware of Animal Husbandry, it wasn't something I was interested in trying out, due to the gameplay provided u~u)

The dialogue overhauls also worked fine up until the error, so I was doubting they were the one that caused it. They just merged together, so I got the dialogues from all of them! (And they still work fine after figuring out what caused the crash.) (But I shall fix that Shane error you've pointed out!)

(For Multiplayer Emotes and Better Ranching) Thank you for the heads up! I will enjoy them as much as I can before the next updates :D

As for the first actual problem part, someone helped fixed it by giving me a version of Starblue that works with NPC Location Loader. (And one of them said that the NPC Location Loader works better at tracking, compared to UI Info Suite!

As for the "outdated" mods, they're not actually outdated at all! The versions are the ones that I'd like, and the "new" updates is just something like reverting it before the Stardew Updates, or other types of the designs! (Like Ace Expanded Cellars, there are many versions to choose from, how'd you like it to look like!)

All in all, big thanks!! Again, really appreciated the help. :cathug:

• netish

Ah, glad they helped you. I know what you mean, that aspect is unappealing to me as well >_< I don't want to kill my cute creatures, but I liked how it allowed you to feed them treats and handled some other aspects so I just use it without killing my cute fuzzballs! (You still might want to consider adding Animal Social Menu and definitely don't need Loved Labels as Better Ranching already adds little bubbles itself.)
                      Dialogue overhauls can be tricky, sometimes they work together, sometimes they don't I'm glad it all worked together for you! (I'm going to have to check them out myself now that I know they work together! :catsparkle:)

Ah, I never did use it and I have had no problems with UI Info so I wouldn't know.
                      I know exactly what you mean! I get reminded every time to update some of Kamylla's mods but I love them how they are! I just wanted to make sure if you didn't know you knew they had updates. :avail:D:

• Yurixa

Yeah, they're very nice!
                        and haha, yeah! I do like the treats options but I have enough mods as it is so its not something i'm gearing for so soon. ;pp So I'm okay with the vanilla pets currently! :3c (and I have, thank you very much! <3)

You're right! but when they do work together, it is a blessing because now you have MORE content to search for! :D Thank you, and I hope you enjoy them when you check them out :catnod:

Yeah, thats alright and I appreciate you pointing out possible causes :catsparkle:

Haha, exactly!! Thank you again for that :cathug:

All in all, have a nice day buddy! Thanks for all the help :catbleh:

• Valkyrie123

Valkyrie123 Void-Bound Voyager

I can't get it to work! I have the part over the farm cave, but I can't get down to see the rest. Am I doing something wrong?

• netish

If you are having trouble with a specific mod, it is best to contact the original mod author - this thread is more for updating mods. (That being said, we can't help much if you don't provide a SMAPI log and/or more details.

• Katey

Katey Void-Bound Voyager

Does anyone know if Custom Farming Redux has been made compatible with Save Anywhere yet? Or vice versa

• GlacierWolf

GlacierWolf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi, there's something wrong with my latest version of Animal Chooser. Here's the log.
                                It's all the way at the bottom.
                                https://log.smapi.io/d7NYT69X

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
                                • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@GlacierWolf You're not using my unofficial update (you have 1.4-unofficial.1 instead of 1.3.1-unofficial.2-pathoschild). Do you remember where you found that version?

• Bluhens

Bluhens Void-Bound Voyager

I know it's been requested a lot, but can somebody please update or remake the Expanded Fridge mod? https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1191

I feel like this mod is a must have but it's been broken for a while now ;_; If anybody knows how to update it, it would be very much appreciated!

Thread Status:
                                    Not open for further replies.