1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Crash when beaming up to ship with shop window open

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Techne, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Techne

Techne Big Damn Hero

• DESCRIPTION: In game, at the outpost, when I open the Terramart to buy or sell (doesn't matter which tab) and then click the Beam Up button on the right side of the screen without closing the Terramart window the game crashes (quits/no longer running according to task manager). I repeated this several times to verify that it wasn't a one time issue. This happens every time, but only with Terramart and Infinity Express. I tried this twice with 2-Stop Teleshop (once without the items necessary to purchase anything and once with teleporter cores and diamonds so I could purchase things) and the game did not crash either time.
    • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version 1809
    • MODE: Windowed (with border)
    • MODS: none
    • ERROR LOGS: I wasn't able to locate the starbound.log file in the steamapps/common/starbound folder. Is there somewhere else it would be located?
    Edit: Thank you for helping me find the error logs everyone. I have uploaded the 5 I found in the storage folder.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  2. sdfghj

sdfghj Void-Bound Voyager

it may be in steamapps/common/starbound/storage

i have a theory for this: terramart and infinity express have buy and sell tabs, 2-stop teleshop, if i remember correctly, doesn't have a sell tab, so maybe the problem is that there is an invisible, non-existing item in the sell tab, no matter if it's open or not, or it could be because you didn't close the terramart/infinity express window, so, the game wasn't able to close it and, at the same time, teleport you to the ship, so it crashes. of course, i can't tell without the starbound.log file.

3. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

Ye can tell 'em that it's in the storage folder but this one removes helpful posts for some odd reason...

4. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

didn't i actually say where the log is?

5. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

Yer post got removed too?

6. Techne

Techne Big Damn Hero

I edited my original post with the log files. Thank you for helping me find them!